I am slowly dying. My visits, posts etc have super dwindled compared to before because I absolutely dread having to come on the website. I end up using the app.

Why do I dread coming here?

Crackberry.com uses up insane amounts of memory on Chrome browser!-screen_shot_2016-07-12_at_7_43_42_pm.png

The censored lines, those are actually "suspended tabs", meaning tabs that I haven't been actively looking at that a nice little extension "halts". This way CPU isn't utilized unnecessarily. But look at the red arrow. So much CPU and Memory being used!

And here's the specs of my Macbook.

Normally people turn around and ask things like "what extensions are you running?" and I can't be too bothered to go do all that research. I'm just here to announce that just over a year ago, this never happened. Even the site used to load fast - now it takes a little time. And it shows:

Crackberry.com uses up insane amounts of memory on Chrome browser!-screen-shot-2016-07-12-7.49.40-pm.jpg

Please guys, fix whatever started a year ago.
    07-12-16 06:51 PM
    Hmm...

Crackberry.com uses up insane amounts of memory on Chrome browser!-2016-07-12-2-.png
    07-12-16 07:21 PM
    Hmm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-07-12 (2).png 
Views:	127 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	403892

Haha that's cute.
    You have now joined the legions of unproductive "mm, not on my end" replies in response to trillions of "hey, why is this hapening to me!"

That's like someone saying "hey, I'm going to the gas station cuz I ran out of gas", and the likes of you replying and saying "I don't need to because I have gas"
    07-13-16 12:11 PM
    Haha that's cute.
    You have now joined the legions of unproductive "mm, not on my end" replies in response to trillions of "hey, why is this hapening to me!"

That's like someone saying "hey, I'm going to the gas station cuz I ran out of gas", and the likes of you replying and saying "I don't need to because I have gas"
    Lol
    Agreed.
    Pretty helpful reply ahahahha

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    07-13-16 12:16 PM
    As frustrating as it is to hear 'no problem on my end', we HAVE to be able to reproduce the problem before we can address and fix! If you can give us any more details... anything at all... happy to write this up for our tech team to investigate. If they reproduce the problem, they WILL fix

For the record, a lot of the time Chrome eats up resources for me as well, but it happens on all sorts of sites for me, so I've dealt with it (and Google Hangouts is particularly bad!).

Thanks for reporting this!!
    Devil likes this.
    07-15-16 12:45 PM
    here we go again acting like the problem is not the site but is all of us who come here to tell you all the weird stuff that does NOT happen on other sites.

Speaking for myself I usually go to certain regular sites and occasionally hit a new link to site that's so loaded with bloatware it wont load in any reasonable amoint of time.

Trying something VERY INTERESTING tonight. I untrusted most of my certificates that say 'root' in them, mostly to see what would happen as I lost my FM radio and -- well, I didnt lose it in THIS phone yet as I didnt restart. Nuther thread for the rest of that story.

The result being, I can browse like a madman and type like an animal on CrackBerry tonite, with NO cripppity-crip happening.

It is SOOO NIIICE! Now for the end of my experiment, let's see if I can post this...
    07-21-16 01:30 AM
    It works. So, pssst to everyone, all's you need is a junker phone that yu can untrust all your certificates on, and you can come here and have a normal visit. I LIKE. Wait, I re-enabled the ones my Duck Duck Go wanted, that's it so far.

Consider this problem SOLVED; you can close the thread now.

(Just kidding about closing the thread, but the rest is TRUE, I swear it!)
    07-21-16 01:35 AM
    As frustrating as it is to hear 'no problem on my end', we HAVE to be able to reproduce the problem before we can address and fix! If you can give us any more details... anything at all... happy to write this up for our tech team to investigate. If they reproduce the problem, they WILL fix

For the record, a lot of the time Chrome eats up resources for me as well, but it happens on all sorts of sites for me, so I've dealt with it (and Google Hangouts is particularly bad!).

Thanks for reporting this!!
    Amen about Google Hangouts, but also Google+!

Yes, I understand you may need additional information - but believe me, it has _never_ worked for me when I provided all the information. Sadly, Chrome isn't easy with giving bug reports other than a way to print the extensions list. I've done bug reports directly to Chromium for some other apps as well (in addition to other reports from others) and I am yet to see a fix.

So, all the time in the world spent in reporting with no fixes in sight. Made me lose faith.

___

Anyway, onward. I'm very curious to know how disabling SSL certs by way of untrusting root certs is helping stop the resource usage as indicated by the gentleman above so I'll be giving it a try.

Having said that, I can totally attest to bloatware.

Being a "marketing guy", I know when async tags are loaded - sometimes slows the site to a crawl. Especially async tags from ad exchanges. To top that, CB isn't using a tag container and is loading each tag individually, per page. I am 200% confident that if I were to run an Ad Blocker, it would bring CB back to normal (I'll test this actually).

This load time is not just a concern for users, but also your ability to show up on search engine searches (if you think you do well now, you have no idea how much it can get better). Your site speed is bad not just for me, but others too:

Crackberry.com uses up insane amounts of memory on Chrome browser!-screen-shot-2016-07-22-9.00.58-am.jpg

Crackberry.com uses up insane amounts of memory on Chrome browser!-screen-shot-2016-07-22-9.13.46-am.jpg

This poor site just gave up on wanting to test CB.

Crackberry.com uses up insane amounts of memory on Chrome browser!-screen_shot_2016-07-22_at_9_18_44_am.png

If you look at the waterfall test, and watch the video, you'll see exactly how things go down. Moreover, a whole 69 seconds to load the site! Look at what it costs others to come on to your mobile pages... so new users coming in through search on their mobile from say, Indonesia, would get capped in their knees! lol

I'm sure you know everything I just said and have great paid teams that can fix all this, know all this and you're still answerable for adrev - but I'm confident fixing it will only get your revenues up, not down.

Hopefully this is some information you can go on, James.

Maybe your team can try disabling their adblockers, having more than 8-10 aged tabs open on desktop and have a go at it. Keeping my fingers crossed that they can reproduce it.

But, I'm guessing it doesn't have much to do with backend code as much as external js tag loads.
    07-22-16 08:26 AM
    quote by Devil:
    'Anyway, onward. I'm very curious to know how disabling SSL certs by way of untrusting root certs is helping stop the resource usage as indicated by the gentleman above so I'll be giving it a try.'

#1 I dont know what I'm doing, but have several BlackBerrys and was playing around, did this to two of them. I have some more information from this experiment now:
    It screwed up the viewing in a major big way, but if I 'open in' Altai browser when I want to see better, it works. There is no viewing of pictures or like-buttons or anything. OTHER SITES WORK NORMAL with the disabled certificates, however sometimes I have to 'add an exception' to get in somewhere.
    #2 I am using my Passport this morning, which I didnt mess with the certificates on, and EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE!!!

??did they fix the problem?
    ??if not, have I cast any light as to what the problem could be?

I will try to remember to update here whether the problem does or does not return, or if it exists with another BB10 that does not have any certificates disabled.
    #3 I'm a lady, not a gentleman ; )
    07-23-16 09:10 AM
    Talked with our tech team a moment ago on this. Something everyone here may be able to help me with... They report that while our sites can always improve in terms of optimization, 95% of the time it's a bad ad that causes performance problems.

Knowing that, if you spot any recurring ads that seem to slow things down on your end, please ping me with the details. We can work with our ad partner to kill 'em.

Again thank you for the continued feedback!
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-25-16 02:39 PM
    I am slowly dying. My visits, posts etc have super dwindled compared to before because I absolutely dread having to come on the website. I end up using the app.

Why do I dread coming here?

Name:	Screen_Shot_2016-07-12_at_7_43_42_PM.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	403883

The censored lines, those are actually "suspended tabs", meaning tabs that I haven't been actively looking at that a nice little extension "halts". This way CPU isn't utilized unnecessarily. But look at the red arrow. So much CPU and Memory being used!

And here's the specs of my Macbook.

Normally people turn around and ask things like "what extensions are you running?" and I can't be too bothered to go do all that research. I'm just here to announce that just over a year ago, this never happened. Even the site used to load fast - now it takes a little time. And it shows:

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 7.49.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	403884

Please guys, fix whatever started a year ago.
    Mmmmm

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-25-16 02:42 PM
    Talked with our tech team a moment ago on this. Something everyone here may be able to help me with... They report that while our sites can always improve in terms of optimization, 95% of the time it's a bad ad that causes performance problems.

Knowing that, if you spot any recurring ads that seem to slow things down on your end, please ping me with the details. We can work with our ad partner to kill 'em.

Again thank you for the continued feedback!
    Or....a bad ad network with spammy ads that pay publishers more per click and half the time approve any advertiser to their networks
    07-26-16 02:20 PM
    I will say I'm experiencing this as well with both CrackBerry and Android Central (which makes sense since part of the same family).

I am using a MacBook Air running Windows 7 and Chrome Browser and man the Crackberry/Android Central forums are SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. When on a forum page I'm constantly getting what looks like a refresh/stop/refresh/stop etc. which makes things really laggy. And it's on both sites so probably has to do with adds.

Is there not a way to donate and remove adds on the forum? I would do that in a heartbeat.

Not sure how else to provide info on the issues I'm having but am happy to if someone gives me some guidance.
    08-02-16 02:40 PM
    I will say I'm experiencing this as well with both CrackBerry and Android Central (which makes sense since part of the same family).

I am using a MacBook Air running Windows 7 and Chrome Browser and man the Crackberry/Android Central forums are SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. When on a forum page I'm constantly getting what looks like a refresh/stop/refresh/stop etc. which makes things really laggy. And it's on both sites so probably has to do with adds.

Is there not a way to donate and remove adds on the forum? I would do that in a heartbeat.

Not sure how else to provide info on the issues I'm having but am happy to if someone gives me some guidance.
    So I installed "AdBlock" Chrome Extension this morning, WOW what a difference, zero issues on both Forums now and runs super smooth.

For sure something to do with adds I would say.
    08-03-16 09:10 AM
    Yup, tested it as well (sorry for the long delay) - there's a rogue ad network in there. I get paid for these insights lol...
    08-04-16 11:41 AM
    ^^^^^^ What he said! 3rd day cruising both forums with AdBlock Extension on Chrome and have not experienced any issues at all.
    08-05-16 08:28 AM
    Good tip. I like chrome but damn it is slow. Maybe this will help. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Ride or die: 
    JeromeM likes this.
    08-05-16 09:01 AM
    GOOD GRAVY what a difference!

Not just for Crackberry, either. Foxnews.com loads TWENTY ONE ads, popups, etc. on the first page. It is lightening fast after doing as you described (and checking all ad blocking options and privacy protection). Amazing. I'd been using Adblock + and the difference is stark.
    08-05-16 09:39 AM
    GOOD GRAVY what a difference!

Not just for Crackberry, either. Foxnews.com loads TWENTY ONE ads, popups, etc. on the first page. It is lightening fast after doing as you described (and checking all ad blocking options and privacy protection). Amazing. I'd been using Adblock + and the difference is stark.
    It's crazy when you see all of the different pages that load adds...and subsequently how fast those pages are.
    08-05-16 09:46 AM
    Ad blocker (preferable uBlock Origin) + Ghostery = good times.
    08-05-16 09:55 AM
    Ad blocker (preferable uBlock Origin) + Ghostery = good times.
    Haha, agreed. Except Ghostery itself slows some stuff down..
    09-28-16 09:34 AM
    The site has been horrible for a while. keeps killing Chrome and FireFox and renders it unresponsive. I generally have to load and then close out after it is done or the ads/script that runs ads chews up resources.
    09-28-16 10:36 AM
    Okay, I've been hesitant to install extension but adblock is pretty good for Crackberry.
    09-28-16 10:39 AM