Crackberry.com crashing my browser on two machines so far today.-screenshot-2016-01-30-10-32-58.pngCrackberry.com crashing my browser on two machines so far today.-screenshot-2016-01-30-10-22-00.png

This error has been appearing on my browsers for months now. It halts Firefox so badly i have to reboot. This site has not been well maintained since Kevin left. Why don't the web masters fix it?

Come on Blaze!
    01-30-16 11:40 AM
    I have brought this to the bosses' attention, what I suggest is clear your cache and possibly get a popup blocker ...?
    01-30-16 02:06 PM
    I use uBlock Origin to block ads in Firefox.
    01-30-16 02:09 PM
    I don't have a popup blocker but will try clearing my cache. Thanks!!
    01-30-16 05:03 PM
    Have you tried disabling all of your extensions/plug-ins to ensure that one of them isn't playing nice with the browser?
    02-01-16 08:24 AM
    4 months later I'm still having the same issues. Reinstalled Firefox months ago and this is the only site that causes these problems.

What is going on?!!!
    04-06-16 11:04 PM
    4 months later I'm still having the same issues. Reinstalled Firefox months ago and this is the only site that causes these problems.

What is going on?!!!
    Have you tried using a different browser? Haven't experienced your problems with Chrome or IE11.

*C5303
    04-06-16 11:13 PM
    I have to say, at home I don't have many issues, but at school when I browse crackberry, usually on chrome, the page lags until it completely stops working.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-07-16 12:02 AM
    Same issue, I noticed this after upgrading to Chrome 50. I can actually hear my CPU fan spinning up, and in the Chrome Task Manager the Flash plugin starts spiking the CPU. Entire site becomes very laggy. I do have Adblock Plus but it's running in a blacklist mode (i.e. only sites I specify otherwise it's off), and CB is not on the list so it's off.
    04-24-16 02:00 PM
    Same issue, I noticed this after upgrading to Chrome 50. I can actually hear my CPU fan spinning up, and in the Chrome Task Manager the Flash plugin starts spiking the CPU. Entire site becomes very laggy. I do have Adblock Plus but it's running in a blacklist mode (i.e. only sites I specify otherwise it's off), and CB is not on the list so it's off.
    I disabled Flash and use NoScript in combination with uBlock Origin (within Firefox) . Makes browsing the site a buttery smooth experience . ‎

Via Pasta CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-24-16 02:45 PM
    I disabled Flash and use NoScript in combination with uBlock Origin (within Firefox) . Makes browsing the site a buttery smooth experience . ‎

Via Pasta CB10
    I just replaced ABP with uBlock Origin in Chrome with the same default-off configuration, and seems to have improved. Other sites were hanging as well and not so much now.
    04-24-16 03:17 PM
    Via Pasta CB10
    Now I do remember that working from my computer days before discovering BlackBerry and CrackBerry. And as previous poster said as well, this is the only site that gives me problems. it works fine at work where they keep all the hatches battoned down by default. Again its nice to see I'm not a lone voice howling in the dark. posting is impossible without pre-composing my text in text-msg program and then bringing it here to paste. I only got snarky comments from The Management and got my posts moved for my trouble. Still think it should be and CAN be addressed.
    05-09-16 10:19 PM
    I use Opera browser with the 'AdGuard' ad blocker plugin and this site works well with no hiccups.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 05-10-16 at 04:42 PM.
    05-09-16 11:05 PM
    Now I do remember that working from my computer days before discovering BlackBerry and CrackBerry. And as previous poster said as well, this is the only site that gives me problems. it works fine at work where they keep all the hatches battoned down by default. Again its nice to see I'm not a lone voice howling in the dark. posting is impossible without pre-composing my text in text-msg program and then bringing it here to paste. I only got snarky comments from The Management and got my posts moved for my trouble. Still think it should be and CAN be addressed.
    Thanks for posting! If you can give me some specifics for us to try and reproduce the slowness, we're standing by to help.

We need to recreate the problem in order to fix... and keep in mind we're pushing enhancements all the time (believe me, we hear you!).

Have to say all good on my end, but chances are I'm on a different device, OS, etc... different set of circumstances.

If you can provide your device (laptop, tablet, phone), OS, browser, etc... that will help us take a closer look.

Thanks!
    05-10-16 02:50 PM
    I went to great pains to tell you already when you asked, which apparently ended that conversation. Stopped here today to report video/audio starting playing in the background when your site is only sitting in the background on a saved tab.

It is usually but not always on the Zeus browser, today on the Passport. While Typing any message on your forum no matter how slowly, text will be selected and cut and pasted forcing me to leave your site to type my text and come back and paste it in. Now I can see that these are not isolated incidents that have anything to do with just ME and what I'M typing on, so stop acting like it is I have spent alot of time P.M.ing you the answers to your questions, maybe I can find the PMs and paste it here, you stopped communicating at that point.

the background noise started up again while pasting my answer so I dont know if my post went before I had to kill the browser because I couldnt stand the noise. starting again right now!
    Last edited by to boldly go; 05-11-16 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added sentence at the end
    05-11-16 08:50 AM
    I've primarily use Firefox on Windows 8 and the latest version of Ubuntu. I've seen the error on several versions of Firefox. Each machine experiences the same errors. I open the site, log in and receive the same error several times. Eventually I have to close Firefox and restart. Doesn't help. I can clear my cache and that may or may not help.

I originally posted this on an laptop running Ubuntu with Firefox. I went to edit the post and Firefox is now locked up and unresponsive. James can you please figure this out? I love this site but it's a pain in the A$$ lately.

If there's any information I can provide to help solve this issue please let me know.

Also, tell me why I should use a popup blocker to prevent me from seeing errors? How productive is that.? If you think I should use another browser than put a notice that says "Don't use Firefox on this site"

Crackberry.com crashing my browser on two machines so far today.-screenshot-2016-05-13-15-45-17.png
    Last edited by Gray; 05-13-16 at 06:29 PM.
    05-13-16 05:55 PM
    I went to great pains to tell you already when you asked, which apparently ended that conversation. Stopped here today to report video/audio starting playing in the background when your site is only sitting in the background on a saved tab.

It is usually but not always on the Zeus browser, today on the Passport. While Typing any message on your forum no matter how slowly, text will be selected and cut and pasted forcing me to leave your site to type my text and come back and paste it in. Now I can see that these are not isolated incidents that have anything to do with just ME and what I'M typing on, so stop acting like it is I have spent alot of time P.M.ing you the answers to your questions, maybe I can find the PMs and paste it here, you stopped communicating at that point.

the background noise started up again while pasting my answer so I dont know if my post went before I had to kill the browser because I couldnt stand the noise. starting again right now!
    How dare you not use Opera Browser with 'no-script', AdGuard and Ghostery?!

05-13-16 07:14 PM
    cuz' I only get my extra browsers from BlackBerry World. And I havent bothered using my vulgar microsoft windows laptop in so long I dont even remember if it worked good on this site or not.

for the present post Browsie seems to be behaving well... hmmm...
    05-15-16 10:04 PM
    rBrowsie cant handle your site today, can't even load all the posts in the threads. Forced background ad noise is alive and screaming, so I killed browsie and returned with zeus. you all know about the huge wait for the website to load, right? tried to type the word 'Browsie' to begin posting, no letters appeared, waity waity, waity.... then it finally manages to **** out the letters 'rows' so all was not in vain. off to my text messaging page to type this report and paste it in because I ain't a QUITTER !!! Getting pretty close, tho... thanks, once again, for listening . . .
    05-17-16 08:38 AM
    I've primarily use Firefox on Windows 8 and the latest version of Ubuntu. I've seen the error on several versions of Firefox. Each machine experiences the same errors. I open the site, log in and receive the same error several times. Eventually I have to close Firefox and restart. Doesn't help. I can clear my cache and that may or may not help.

I originally posted this on an laptop running Ubuntu with Firefox. I went to edit the post and Firefox is now locked up and unresponsive. James can you please figure this out? I love this site but it's a pain in the A$$ lately.

If there's any information I can provide to help solve this issue please let me know.

Also, tell me why I should use a popup blocker to prevent me from seeing errors? How productive is that.? If you think I should use another browser than put a notice that says "Don't use Firefox on this site"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2016-05-13 15-45-17.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	399680
    +1. I use Firefox / Win 7 and have long had issues with hanging scripts. Now I have the problem where the browser locks up when posting too. I visit the forums less and less with the browser because it's so annoying to lose entire posts.

Notably, none of this happens over at webOS Nation (which doesn't appear to have seen site updates over the years) or on Android Central, which I presume is either up to date or ahead of CrackBerry.
    Gray likes this.
    05-17-16 09:25 AM
    Anyone who run this site care to address these issues? Or will the sound of crickets be the answer?

Look what just happened on my Linux laptop while I was typing,

Crackberry.com crashing my browser on two machines so far today.-screenshot-2016-05-17-14-30-56.png
    Last edited by Gray; 05-17-16 at 04:56 PM.
    05-17-16 04:29 PM
    I know that this is not a proper solution, but I think no-script is the answer. I installed it, and have allowed scripts from crackberry.com and disallowed all others on the site (using the options setting on the toolbar that appears at the bottom of the browser), including "ajax.googleapis.com", which is normally on the whitelist permitted by the add-on. So far, those two changes seem to make the site fully functional and stop the hanging / freezing. I'll try it for a couple of days and report back.

Perhaps that information will help the site maintainers track down the problem.
    jope28 likes this.
    05-19-16 09:44 AM
    Playbook with origami works here for me. But i know not EVERYBODY has a Playbook . . .
    05-19-16 10:02 AM
    @All - thanks for reporting! I've pinged our ad partner to take a look at the above issues.
    05-19-16 02:34 PM
    Just uninstalled removed Java, Adobe Flash and Firefox. Reinstalled them in the same order. Opening up Blackberry Forums and received the following messages.

Crackberry.com crashing my browser on two machines so far today.-2016-05-20-13_18_29-warning_-unresponsive-script.pngCrackberry.com crashing my browser on two machines so far today.-2016-05-20-13_19_08-warning_-unresponsive-plugin.png

Then Firefox crashed and restarted. James please get this fixed. I'm surprised it took you this long to take action.
    05-20-16 03:24 PM
39 12