I disabled the sound notification for CB10 on my Z10... once... twice... maybe a dozen times actually... why does the sound keep coming back???? Is my bb the problem? :-/
    Any ideas???

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 06:14 PM
    Rather odd. Try restarting your device to see if that helps...
    04-16-13 08:18 PM
    That's outside of our control, as the notification settings are handled by the OS.
    04-16-13 08:32 PM
    Thanks...
    Yeah, I tried restarting... the CB10 app setting goes right back to the default after a while...

I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my calendar too... only enough, each time I change my calendar colors in the settings, the go back to the default colors...

Weirdly enough I have only noticed those 2 apps doing that "Going right back to default settings Randomly" thing... :-/

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:05 PM
    Mine was having the same issue but now I just have the notification set to vibrate and it hasn't changed yet..

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:18 PM
    Mine is doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:05 PM
    Same here. Thought it was me. Happens while it's on and on a reboot. Resets to notification on. Don't mean to sound ungrateful but how is this the Os fault.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:10 AM
    Happens to mine all the time.
    04-26-13 04:03 PM
    I've almost given up trying to fix this issue. :-(
    Same sort of thing happens with the calendar colors. Each time I set my calendar colors to a different one, I come back to it later on to find the same default colors...

This makes me wonder if all of us are not having that problem but not noticing... what company did you all get your phone's from? As for me, AT&T. And do you all have the calendar color issue as well?

I'm only hoping that this issue was addressed in the update 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:18 PM
    Same here.
    04-29-13 05:09 AM
    So I noticed that not only does my calendar (colors) and the CB10 settings go back to default after a little while, but when I turn SIM contacts off in my contacts, it turns it right back on after a little while... so I'm thinking that this is definitely an issue with the OS... These are 3 different "apps" with the same type of problem.

Anyone have those three problems?

Have any of you with one of these issues upgraded to the leaked update? If so, do you still have the problem?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:01 PM
    Anyone? :-(

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:57 PM
    Rather odd, but this sounds like an OS issue. Maybe reload the carriers latest OS?

I would stress since this is different to your initial thread issue, you would have done better to create a new thread, and thus posted it in the respective forum (Z10 or Q10)...

So I noticed that not only does my calendar (colors) and the CB10 settings go back to default after a little while, but when I turn SIM contacts off in my contacts, it turns it right back on after a little while... so I'm thinking that this is definitely an issue with the OS... These are 3 different "apps" with the same type of problem.

Anyone have those three problems?

Have any of you with one of these issues upgraded to the leaked update? If so, do you still have the problem?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:43 PM
    Just noticed this myself. It only happens very occasionally and can't as yet spot a pattern. But this morning the CB10 notification was on. Not running any leaked firmware for the os just latest from carrier.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:10 AM
    Happens when I update an app, notifications turn on for certain apps

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:32 AM
    That's outside of our control, as the notification settings are handled by the OS.
    I know this is over a month after you post and many others in this thread, however in 10.1 seems to be specific notification/sound profiles per application.

Settings> Notifications> Other Applications> CB10 there you can control the All Alerts, Sound, Tone, Vibrate, and LED (this goes for all of our applications). These settings seem to be separate from the main OS notifications - which means BlackBerry is getting closure to restoring what our legacy BB devices did.

PS: Marcus ... is it possible to get a snippit of your code for the CB10 please - in particular the buttons and menu, please? Thanks.
    05-25-13 06:28 PM
    In 10.0 it is possible to control the settings for CB10. It's just that it the settings turn right back on after a while, even though I turn them off...

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 165286
    Last edited by EarthyBerry; 05-25-13 at 07:58 PM.
    05-25-13 07:46 PM
    CrackBerry (CB10) Notifications!-img_00000446.png

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:46 PM
    Is it possible to turn off audible notifications for specific areas (such as news, forums, reviews, home, etc)

It's pretty much a given everytime I load the app I will get a notification sound. The notification would be useful to me if I could only enable it for reviews, news, and participated (better yet specific threads/forums and subscribed ones) And not for apps and games, accessories, etc..

Summary: more options to choose what we get notifications for?

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-27-13 03:22 PM