Two days ago I purchaced the OS6 theme for my 9700 from the crackberry app store. Tonight I was contacted by my credit union and told my credit card was used overseas- twice. Keep in mind this is the only online use of my credit card for quite some time and the first time I've ever had people use my card illegaly. Anyone else had this happen using crackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 01:42 AM
    nope ive never had this happen. then again, someone could have got your information awhile ago by many other means. did you make your purchase through an unsecured wireless network?
    07-15-10 03:19 AM
    nope ive never had this happen. then again, someone could have got your information awhile ago by many other means. did you make your purchase through an unsecured wireless network?
    No. I never buy anything from my phone. It just seems wierd that my accout was flagged just after buying from crackberry.

07-15-10 03:36 AM
    No. I never buy anything from my phone. It just seems wierd that my accout was flagged just after buying from crackberry.

I think the question was misunderstood. Most home wireless networks (a router from your internet provider or electronics store) are left "unsecured". Meaning that to use that connection, no password is required. This also means that malicious people can also read everything that is going across this open wireless connection. fccman, did you by chance use a laptop when you purchased this theme?
    Another possibility (and a much more likely one) is that your computer has some sort of spyware/malware installed on it. Some are known to "read" transactions at the source, so the transfer to the end site (crackberry.com) can still be secure. Think of this as someone looking over your shoulder and writing down which keys you hit as you enter your information.

For what it's worth, your edge/3g connection would be safer than an infected computer or an "open" wireless (wifi) signal.
    07-15-10 06:37 AM
    yea i meant a home wifi unprotected network. ive purchased things through my phone browser before, i highly doubt someone would be sniffing packets through that. over unprotected home wifi, look out.
    07-15-10 07:13 AM
    Yes malware/spyware could well be the issue on the OP's computer. A keylogger program could have obtained the credit card info.

Fccman I suggest you run spybot search and destroy & Malwarebytes Anti Malware on your PC ASAP!
    07-15-10 07:58 AM
    Haven't heard of this happening on crackberry. I'm very selective where I put my information online. My wifi home network is protected with a 26 key pass code. That keylogging is disturbing. Hopefully you'll get this figured out.

07-15-10 08:16 AM
    Haven't heard of this happening on crackberry. I'm very selective where I put my information online. My wifi home network is protected with a 26 key pass code. That keylogging is disturbing. Hopefully you'll get this figured out.

Not on Crackberry, on the person's PC.
    07-15-10 08:18 AM
    It turns out the charge for the theme came from Smartphone experts in florida. I figured when I bought from crackberry that that's who would charge me. Not some other business. Oh well no buying from crackberry anymore. Now I have to get all new cards, pin numbers and I'll have to change all my info on verious bill. What a pain.

07-15-10 08:28 PM
    It turns out the charge for the theme came from Smartphone experts in florida. I figured when I bought from crackberry that that's who would charge me. Not some other business. Oh well no buying from crackberry anymore. Now I have to get all new cards, pin numbers and I'll have to change all my info on verious bill. What a pain.

Ok now that is another issue. At first you were saying something about charges from over seas. Smartphone Experts in Florida is CrackBerry's parent company, that's legit.

http://www.smartphoneexperts.com/communities
    07-15-10 09:55 PM
    Ok, I see. Either way it was shortly after I made the theme purchase over a secure wifi signal (my own) that the over seas and other various charges started showin up. I have scanned my latop thoroughly and used all of microsofts tools and have come up with no malware, spyware, trojans, etc.

07-15-10 11:16 PM
    you never know. your information couldve been stolen in the past, weeks ago and it could have just been coincidence. its very hard to tell these days when and where the actual compromising of info actually takes place.
    07-16-10 12:31 AM
    Yeah, I can agree with that. Guess I'll have sombody more qualified go through my laptop. Thanks for the input all of you.

07-16-10 03:43 PM
    I know some people will not pay for spyware/malware software. I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now and it's awesome, the best I've used yet. Well worth it in my opinion...
    07-16-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD