Sorry to say.. the android app is loads better and its ridiculous. Just deleted the cb10 app and using the android app. Now I can get the dark theme and clear cache etc..

Before the die hards come out to burn me on the stake tho.... I blame bb10 not Crackberry as they can only work with the tools they have. As much as I miss the easy swiping of the bb10 app and the gestures that come with it, sharing etc.. in regards to functionality and the way articles, posts, videos etc are viewable.. the android app wins hands down. Just another thing that makes me feel more and more like if I finally do have to switch it's definitely gotta be android.

Still.. its kinda ridiculous.

Having said all that.. I still have to give mad love to BlackBerry for running both BlackBerry and android apps. Freedom of choice is king.

Posted from my Z mfk'n 10!
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 04-03-14 at 03:43 PM.
    04-03-14 03:07 PM
    Sorry to say.. the android app is loads better and its ridiculous. Just deleted the cb10 app and using the android app. Now I can get the dark theme and clear cache etc..

Before the die hards come out to burn me on the stake tho.... I blame bb10 not Crackberry as they can only work with the tools they have. As much as I miss the easy swiping of the bb10 app in regards to functionality and the way things are viewable.. the android app wins hands down. Just another thing that makes me feel more and more like if I finally do have to switch it's definitely gotta be android.

Still.. its kinda ridiculous.

Wait how can you blame bb10? I don't get it

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-03-14 03:36 PM
    It's CB that's slacking not BlackBerry and the devices. CB isn't the same as it used to be, it's more of a Mobile Nations site than BlackBerry site

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:40 PM
    Wait how can you blame bb10? I don't get it

Simply because, if Crackberry could add all the functionality they have on the android app they most definitely would have. It's the OS limitations that must have stopped them. Now I'm not saying they can't add cache clearing cos I know the whine app does that, plus I know they can add a dark theme but for the other things that android can do they obviously can't on BlackBerry 10.. as of now. It might improve and if it does I will delete this and return to it but for now.. I'm rocking the android version till things change.

04-03-14 03:40 PM
    CB app sucks lol they could add a ton of stuff like PM's and dark theme options, ect. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry it has to do with CB their owner/developer

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:43 PM
    Simply because, if Crackberry could add all the functionality they have on the android app they most definitely would have. It's the OS limitations that must have stopped them. Now I'm not saying they can't add cache clearing cos I know the whine app does that, plus I know they can add a dark theme but for the other things that android can do they obviously can't on BlackBerry 10.. as of now. It might improve and if it does I will delete this and return to it but for now.. I'm rocking the android version till things change.

What other things? Specifics would be great.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:45 PM
    CB app sucks lol they could add a ton of stuff like PM's and dark theme options, ect. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry it has to do with CB their owner/developer

Posted via CB10
    Ok. Alright then, if that's the case can one of you mods tell the CB10 developers to get off their behinds and deliver an app that's native and better than the competition? I mean like what the.. ????

Disgraceful.

04-03-14 03:46 PM
    What other things? Specifics would be great.

Posted via CB10
    Dude. Seeing is believing. Download it yourself and use it.

04-03-14 03:47 PM
    Ok. Alright then, if that's the case can one if you mods tell the cb10 developers to get off their behinds and deliver an app that's native and better than the competition? I mean like what the.. ????

There's a bunch of threads complaining and begging for a CB upgrade and it was either Kevin or the Developer of CB app said they are busy with other mobile nations apps first. Pretty much they don't have enough money to pay for another developer (even someone here like the snap developer) to make CB better or the main reason I think which is they just don't care!

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    04-03-14 03:50 PM
    Dude. Seeing is believing. Download it yourself and use it.

So nothing then. If you can't even say what things it does then how could you know if these things are not included on the BlackBerry CB app due to software limitations.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:52 PM

Do you even listen to yourself?

Of course BlackBerry 10 is capable of all that, and lots more. The only restrictions are access restrictions BlackBerry 10 has, and some of them are for security reasons (some just haven't been implemented yet). I've met a few myself but no big deal.

Now I would like you to let me know which things BlackBerry 10 can't do that Android can. Be specific.
    04-03-14 03:53 PM
    Well I mean let's face it. The CB team is there ultimately to make money for themselves too.
    Now, I don't know how devoted to BB they really are considering they all have other phones. Hell, Kevin makes it a big deal when he gets a golden iPhone
    I personally don't think they are a good representation of the BB community. I think BerryLeaks in its golden days signified what CB should have been.
    So look at it this way. All functionalities on android platform is available for devs on QNX. However, CB doesn't want to have to hire someone professional on top of the devs they already have. To be fair, the BL team spent more time developing their app than CB ever did. CB is no different from a reddit or any other platform that has a forum
    Being part of BerryLeaks, I understood a little about the structure behind running such a group. It's by no means easy.
    However, as many people don't know, most individuals at CB are under NDA, meaning they can't reveal what they know about BB internal information unless it is made public by others. So in a sense it's rather selfish considering they get all the juicy info, the beta apps that everyone else doesn't get. In my personal opinion, I would prefer people who have slightly less information but not under NDA running such an organization/forum/community. It would definitely be beneficial compared to this hierarchical structure.
    Having said that, CB is the best available. Despite the fact that there are smaller BB communities out there (that I'm also a part of), ultimately CB is the sole monopoly of BB community, and hence why I'm here.
    habs_fan, Clanked, pystha and 4 others like this.
    04-03-14 04:20 PM
    Why blame BlackBerry? MN has said they have priorities and PlayBook is not one and I would figure native BB10 app is low on the list too. The android app is newer and the BB10 app has received few updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:23 PM
    To me, CrackBerry is more a website about BlackBerry news than for BlackBerry fans. Articles are good most of the time, but I don't feel the 'fan' from the writer.

Just imagine for a second: CrackBerry without the community and forums. I probably wouldn't even bother coming here, articles are simply not enough.

To me, CB10 should be the best damn BB10 app with a lot of experimental features just for the sake of it. Instead, we get a rarely-updated news reader. I only use it because it's native and only since they fixed that skipping-page bug which took several months to correct.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    habs_fan, jope28 and J Morehouse like this.
    04-03-14 04:46 PM
    There's a bunch of threads complaining and begging for a CB upgrade and it was either Kevin or the Developer of CB app said they are busy with other mobile nations apps first. Pretty much they don't have enough money to pay for another developer (even someone here like the snap developer) to make CB better or the main reason I think which is they just don't care!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah they're busy announcing all these initiatives like smart watch fans, and the newsroom and seem to have plenty of time to develop that stuff but the app is ignored. Truthfully doesn't bother me in the least but people start to get the feeling they don't matter and that can be annoying.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:47 PM
    QUOTE=itzJustMeh;10203249]Do you even listen to yourself?

Of course BlackBerry 10 is capable of all that, and lots more. The only restrictions are access restrictions BlackBerry 10 has, and some of them are for security reasons (some just haven't been implemented yet). I've met a few myself but no big deal.

Now I would like you to let me know which things BlackBerry 10 can't do that Android can. Be specific.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Now read my comment again then read yours. I said the limitations are by the bb10 os. You said the limitations are due to restrictions currently on bb10. Are we not saying the exact same thing except for wording it different?????

We're on the same team here mate no need to take it personal. All I want is for the CB10 app to be just as good as the android app. I still prefer BlackBerry to android so don't get it twisted.

04-03-14 04:50 PM
    Just installed it on my Android phone and it looks nice. The dark scheme or night mode looks nice. So far the apps between BB and Android to me look pretty much amazing. At least I can get my BB fix on an Android until I get another BB10 device.
    04-03-14 05:02 PM

So what happens when my snap2chat app has cache and dark themes? Huh? If you wanna start a thread, ar least make sure it's not assumption based

04-03-14 05:03 PM
    So what happens when my snap2chat app has cache and dark themes? Huh? If you wanna start a thread, ar least make sure it's not assumption based

I don't think you are reading what you are quoting

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-03-14 05:25 PM
    I don't think you are reading what you are quoting

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I did and he said he knows.. so if BlackBerry can indeed have that and we don't have it, doesn't it point to the fact that most of the other functionalities are indeed just not being added? Again he's not specifying on functionality, and I don't really think I know a specific thing android does (apps wise) that is limited in bb10

04-03-14 05:39 PM
    I think it's great on BB10... what exactly are we missing?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:44 PM
    Cb10 is usable on bb10. But should be updated.

Z10STL100-2/10.3 | BB10STORE on Aptoide
    jope28 likes this.
    04-03-14 05:46 PM
    Ability to zoom please. Size of surveys is ridiculous.

From my Z10.
    jope28 likes this.
    04-03-14 05:55 PM
    It's not perfect but please guys, the app is pretty good and even if we can't get access to the full feature set from the website it is still very useful and for everyday mobile use I can't complain at all.

And that CB is not a real BlackBerry site is just a ridiculous comment.
    A lot of people here keep complaining about "biased" articles from other tech platforms or the media in general - even if they're not always biased at all. Speaking for myself I can see absolutely enough "fan" in CB and they're still putting the crack into crackberry. If it wasn't for the CB team I probably would be a lot more likely to switch to another mobile platform. And I think all the CB team does a great, or actually amazing work for BlackBerry as a brand and for their most committed users. Think about the podcasts featuring Kevin and Rene Ritchie, or the live coverage of almost every BlackBerry relevant press release. Things that just need a great amount of effort in order to keep it up as the guys from CB do.
    One great thing about BlackBerry is, that we have an absolutely amazing community - maybe not quantity wise, but definitely quality wise. And a considerable part of this community starts with CB.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and anon(6038817) like this.
    04-03-14 06:17 PM
    I understand what you're saying, but the way I feel it, I think all things they are doing are coming from being a part of Mobile Nations, and as so, they have to put some time on CrackBerry. I think this is supported by the fact that several CB editors are using multiple devices, and are posting about it. Obviously that is not bad in itself, since everyone is a customer and choose what suits them, but that hardly makes them a � fan �.
    Posting about Android apps you can install via unofficial means and supporting them at the same time is not what a BlackBerry fan would do, especially since Android Central is one click away. Several CB editors are also posting on other Mobile Nations website, which I think also supports the fact that it's just � one for CB, one for Android Central, one for WP, etc. �. Even the truly great Rene Richie from iMore (or should I say, from Mobile Nations in general) or Derek Kessler puts time on CrackBerry. And when they are moving to events, it's still the whole Mobile Nations team working for every platform to get all informations possible, and distribute it afterwards. Mobile Nations is a business that makes money and sign paychecks, and it is managed this way.

Now, I love CrackBerry. I go there several times a day with their CB10 app making it the most used app on my phone. And as a big family, Mobile Nations is a great way to organise mobile news in a more efficient way, especially with this newsroom Kevin was talking about. We need unbiased news when something comes out, I also agree. But CrackBerry started as a fan site, not as a news site. And to stay in line with the thread, I just think that if CrackBerry is still a fan site that puts the � crack � in � CrackBerry �, they should do that bit more work on CB10 app, for example, to make it as great as it is on Android (which is still a BLACKBERRY-related news app!).
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    04-03-14 08:04 PM
156 123 ...