Ok, just gotta say it! I do not understand why "Tech" forums now a days are so infiltrated with arrogant, intolerant and non-empathetic members/Admins!?!

As I may have eluded to before (in another thread), I am a member of several collector car clubs/forums (Globally), when a member asks for help, several things happen, first, not one member/admin posts that they do not have that issue, [comment deleted]! Second, members and Admins not affected will rally for that member, third and most importantly, members and Admins will start resourcing contacts within the industry in order to build towards a solution for said member(s). Next, the community will start offering solutions, from the mild to the wild, in the meantime, you will get all the heavy hitters contributing, why? Because members matter when one shares a passion for the same thing within a community. Finally, a solution, no matter how painful or painless it is, is offered by the community! The Admins (Heavy Hitters) always play an active, leading roll in advocating member concerns (big or small) and follow through to fruition! So I ask again, why is our forum and passion for BlackBerry different here? This is how CB use to work back in the day! I Am BlackBerry Proud! I Am BlackBerry fierce! I do not want our Great Iconic Brand to Fail! Cheers,
    Last edited by Ecm; 02-12-19 at 06:23 AM.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    02-12-19 01:24 AM
    I believe this should be moved to Suggestion Box/Site Feedback & Help.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-12-19 02:08 AM
    I believe this should be moved to Suggestion Box/Site Feedback & Help.
    I beg to differ. Cheers,
    02-12-19 02:12 AM
    I do agree that often times members are more concerned with being right than they are with being being helpful.

I see the forum as a place for like minded people with passion for the same brand to meet up, toss ideas, discuss issues, assist one another and mostly have fun.

Unfortunately sometimes ideas are rejected harshly and issues are met with skepticism. I try to shut off when that happens but my passion for the brand don't let me...

Hopefully this thread is not going to bring up a heated discussion that will be shut down by a mod but rather bring us together so that we can all help BlackBerry stay relevant for years to come. It's important!
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-12-19 02:22 AM
    I beg to differ. Cheers,
    Then we should be discussing issues about the KEY² here.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-12-19 02:38 AM
    Then we should be discussing issues about the KEY² here.
    Oh, we are! Trust me!
    02-12-19 02:41 AM
    why is this in the key2 forum?
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-12-19 05:25 AM
    It sounds like you're not getting your way and taking out your frustrations on other volunteers. Some people can get so engaged in their own issue or pet peeve (camera, keyboard, speakers, UX, aesthetics, etc) that they can't understand why the entire site isn't mobilizing around them.

This place is still about solutions, but sometimes things don't get fixed by group hugs - it takes active discussion by folks with different points of view. But in the end, it still comes down to BBMo - which is no longer a large group of developers in Waterloo, but a group of technicians operating in China, behind a language and cultural barrier. There are no back channels to work anymore.

Incidentally, pointing out that a problem isn't systematic is a very helpful piece of forensic information, as it often leads to a fix.
    Last edited by Ecm; 02-12-19 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Quote with inappropriate language deleted
    02-12-19 05:39 AM
    Moved to site feedback...
    02-12-19 06:18 AM
    Ok, just gotta say it! I do not understand why "Tech" forums now a days are so infiltrated with arrogant, intolerant and non-empathetic members/Admins!?!

As I may have eluded to before (in another thread), I am a member of several collector car clubs/forums (Globally), when a member asks for help, several things happen, first, not one member/admin posts that they do not have that issue, [comment deleted]! Second, members and Admins not affected will rally for that member, third and most importantly, members and Admins will start resourcing contacts within the industry in order to build towards a solution for said member(s). Next, the community will start offering solutions, from the mild to the wild, in the meantime, you will get all the heavy hitters contributing, why? Because members matter when one shares a passion for the same thing within a community. Finally, a solution, no matter how painful or painless it is, is offered by the community! The Admins (Heavy Hitters) always play an active, leading roll in advocating member concerns (big or small) and follow through to fruition! So I ask again, why is our forum and passion for BlackBerry different here? This is how CB use to work back in the day! I Am BlackBerry Proud! I Am BlackBerry fierce! I do not want our Great Iconic Brand to Fail! Cheers,
    Our great brand failed long ago in consumer hardware and is shadow of itself. Doesn’t mean that we don’t love the brand as much, just that most don’t share our viewpoints. I enjoy BBMo attempt to build a viable PKB hardware business with the brand. Here, we come for a variety of different reasons and viewpoints. The reality is that many people aren’t experiencing your issue. Perhaps a thousand people share your issue, from what 100,000-1,000,000 sales. That’s 0.1-1.0% of sales base. If there’s a greater %, where’s the 1,000 people experiencing the problem? Is this a problem issue or a preference issue? Not sure from where I sit. Preference issue would suggest multiple people don’t like the design as-is. Product issue would suggest that bunch of people just don’t care or are too stupid to return or even comment here.

I’d be curious how many unique CB ID users have commented in the other thread. It doesn’t seem enormous like other past issues here on CB with other devices. You’re entitled to your perspective. I’m just explaining the perspective of many of us that don’t understand why you’re mad at those of us just discussing our perspective.
    02-12-19 08:51 AM
    ....But in the end, it still comes down to BBMo - which is no longer a large group of developers in Waterloo, but a group of technicians operating in China, behind a language and cultural barrier. There are no back channels to work anymore.
    I thought that software is handled by BlackBerry in Canada. No?

I guess that's where the difficulty is at though; when an issue cannot be identified as software or hardware, a cross atlantic collaboration is required in which culture barrier comes to play...
    02-12-19 11:30 AM
    I thought that software is handled by BlackBerry in Canada. No?

I guess that's where the difficulty is at though; when an issue cannot be identified as software or hardware, a cross atlantic collaboration is required in which culture barrier comes to play...
    BlackBerry just handles the kernel and the app suite.

The keyboard APIs and app are handled mostly by BBMo.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-12-19 11:43 AM
    BlackBerry just handles the kernel and the app suite.

The keyboard APIs and app are handled mostly by BBMo.
    This is news to me! I thought that @LiamQ is overseeing the keyboard app as documented here:

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-representatives-here-forum-1103064/#post12805215
    02-12-19 11:54 AM
    Hahaha, you guys put me in the basement! Well, no matter where the truth lies or is buried, it will always rise up! I was hoping to help make our forum better. So be it. Cheers friends,

Is it just me or is there an echo down here?
    02-12-19 01:47 PM
    Hahaha, you guys put me in the basement! Well, no matter where the truth lies or is buried, it will always rise up! I was hoping to help make our forum better. So be it. Cheers friends,

Basement?
    02-12-19 01:52 PM
    Basement?
    Sub, sub, forum. It's nice and spacious though Chuck!
    02-12-19 01:54 PM
    Sub, sub, forum. It's nice and spacious though Chuck!
    Most people see the posts by last post.... subcategories don’t really matter for many......
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-12-19 01:58 PM

Site Admins monitor the site feedback forum, not general forums. If you want your message to reach them, the thread belongs here. It's as simple as that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-12-19 03:29 PM