So that CB takes care of the shipping! Buyer pays to CB, Seller gives the phone to CB, CB ships it, CB sends that money to the seller once the buyer gets the item! So nobody has to worry about any safety issues.
    Another advantage is that, we can have international Shipping. Atleast people from US or UK can sell their items internationally and we outsiders can buy them, since i see a lot of mouthwatering offers for devices but i cannot buy it since no one ships to India
    I dont think this will be hard for them to implement since CB already has a Shop! Why not integrate this also with it?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 01:50 PM
    No. CB will not change the Marketplace rules.
    09-11-14 02:36 PM
    No. CB will not change the Marketplace rules.
    I never mentioned anywhere in my post that they should change their rules! Idk where u read it!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:41 PM
    I don't see this happening, but I don't make those decisions so who knows! Either way, I've moved this thread to the site feedback area where our community manager and other head honchos will see it. Plus just posting this in the marketplace as it was is in violation of those market place rules.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 02:42 PM
    This is a forum that they allow us (no charge) to sell and trade. How about we just leave it that. There are plenty of places,like that. If you don't like eBay use swappa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-11-14 03:25 PM
    This is a forum that they allow us (no charge) to sell and trade. How about we just leave it that. There are plenty of places,like that. If you don't like eBay use swappa.

I am from India, n I cannot buy from US online sites like u! And techy items in india are so expensive, so if CB can provide shipping for us, then that would be great!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:51 PM
    I don't see this happening, but I don't make those decisions so who knows! Either way, I've moved this thread to the site feedback area where our community manager and other head honchos will see it. Plus just posting this in the marketplace as it was is in violation of those market place rules.

Posted via CB10
    Oh hehe sorry and thank you :P
    By the way, if this happens then we foreigners would be very happy

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:53 PM
    I never mentioned anywhere in my post that they should change their rules! Idk where u read it!

Posted via CB10
    Read the Marketplace rules. Those rules clearly state that auction type sales are strictly forbidden on CB.

Also, Ebay does not collect payments from buyers, or send money to the sellers. That is done through Paypal. The seller ships the goods, not Ebay.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 09:57 PM
    Read the Marketplace rules. Those rules clearly state that auction type sales are strictly forbidden on CB.

Also, Ebay does not collect payments from buyers, or send money to the sellers. That is done through Paypal. The seller ships the goods, not Ebay.

Posted via CB10
    I dont understand what u r trying to say? Did i mention that i want auction type sales too?? Lol

Anyways its done through eBay! Here in eBay takes care of the Payment, instead of PayPal its PaisPay, but its eBay's!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:16 PM
    I dont understand what u r trying to say? Did i mention that i want auction type sales too?? Lol

Anyways its done through eBay! Here in india eBay takes care of the Payment, instead of PayPal its PaisPay, but its eBay's!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:16 PM

Anyways its done through eBay! Here in eBay takes care of the Payment, instead of PayPal its PaisPay, but its eBay's!

Posted via CB10
    Clearly, you must be buying items from a totally different Ebay.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Whatever i dont need to prove anything to u!
    I created this thread for people like me and for the CB staffs to see this!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:28 PM
    So: what you want is:

Escrow by the shipping company.

I know that is can be than upon request by quite a few logistics companies, however is way too costly for low value items....

Ebay is providing escrow as well.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-with-esc.html

I would not change the system here.... there is a reason why you cannot buy from us sites.... and the reason is TAX. You would end up spending more and quite likely just reject the parcel and demand a full refund as you haven't received it.

Making a small profit for such a risky sale is not worth it....

As long as you are willing to pay the taxes, the administration and shipping on top of the agreed price, I doubt anyone would have a problem sending stuff to you from the marketplace.

The only problem. Will be that you could get the items much cheaper from somewhere else.........

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:53 PM
    So: what you want is:

Escrow by the shipping company.

I know that is can be than upon request by quite a few logistics companies, however is way too costly for low value items....

Ebay is providing escrow as well.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...-with-esc.html

I would not change the system here.... there is a reason why you cannot buy from us sites.... and the reason is TAX. You would end up spending more and quite likely just reject the parcel and demand a full refund as you haven't received it.

Making a small profit for such a risky sale is not worth it....

As long as you are willing to pay the taxes, the administration and shipping on top of the agreed price, I doubt anyone would have a problem sending stuff to you from the marketplace.

The only problem. Will be that you could get the items much cheaper from somewhere else.........

Posted via CB10
    The payment i dont bother much,but the main thing is shipping.
    Thats why i said CB already has a shop,in that they provide shipping to india from $13. They have some tie up with a courier thats why they get these rates, but normal people, if they go to a courier company to ship the item, it would be more than triple this amount. And since CB ships to India, they would know how much the tax will be, so let them charge it before buying! Then whats the problem in accepting the item when we receive it?!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually the OP is quite correct about that.. paypal is a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay.. has been since 2002. And they bought it specifically should they could offer the types of services the OP is describing.. it's one seamless transaction.. sellers post items, eBay collects the money, holds it in escrow, arranges shipping or waits for shopping confirmation then release the funds to the seller. It is all done within ebay just as the OP suggest...

However.. that's ebay's business model..and it's a huge undertaking. Mobile nations on the other hand has no interest in delving into escrow, Brokerage, logistics and inevitably risk. Or at least not to my knowledge. Again.. just speaking off the cuff here.. I'm not the one who makes those decisions, but I really don't see this happening.

It also begs the question.. if ebay's model is so desirable when purchasing from India.. why not purchase from ebay?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:11 AM
    It also begs the question.. if ebay's model is so desirable when purchasing from India.. why not purchase from ebay?

Posted via CB10
    As i said, tech items are very expensive in India, and people in CB sell their phones for pretty cheap price when compared to it, thats why.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:20 AM
    I understand what you're saying, but.. the prices on ebay are the same in the western world as they are in india.. adjusted for currency exchange of course but other wise the price is the price.

If you're simply saying that people sell their devices for less on CB then they sell them for on ebay, that might be true.. but that's probably in large part because we don't charge them to use the CB marketplace. That means they can sell the device for less. If we did opt for an eBay style service we would certainly have to charge people a percentage to sell their devices and at that point I think you'd find prices in the CB market place would be very similar to what you find on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:34 AM
    I understand what you're saying, but.. the prices on ebay are the same in the western world as they are in india.. adjusted for currency exchange of course but other wise the price is the price.

If you're simply saying that people sell their devices for less on CB then they sell them for on ebay, that might be true.. but that's probably in large part because we don't charge them to use the CB marketplace. That means they can sell the device for less. If we did opt for an eBay style service we would certainly have to charge people a percentage to sell their devices and at that point I think you'd find prices in the CB market place would be very similar to what you find on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    Please compare the prices of mobiles and other items b/w eBay.com and eBay.in , then you'll know. I dont mind buying frm eBay.com, but most of them dont ship to India!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:14 AM
    CB will NOT pay for the shipping lol. Neither will the seller. International shippings are expensive and the seller will mostly pay for the shipping fees.
    09-12-14 02:06 AM
    CB will NOT pay for the shipping lol. Neither will the seller. International shippings are expensive and the seller will mostly pay for the shipping fees.
    And i never asked CB to pay for the shipping

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:16 AM
    And i never asked CB to pay for the shipping

Posted via CB10
    Ops, I meant buyers will pay for the shipping

Your first sentence in the OP sounded like CB will pay for the shipping. Mybad
    09-12-14 02:22 AM
    Ops, I meant buyers will pay for the shipping

Your first sentence in the OP sounded like CB will pay for the shipping. Mybad
    Oh sorry, even when i read my OP, i misunderstood in that sense :P.
    What i meant was that, let CB ship the item after the seller hands over the item to CB. Cuz they already have a shop and they ship to india,so why not integrate this into their shop.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:33 AM
    you missed the point. They are not in the business of shipping peoples stuff. Its a tech forum. Why would they want to put everything in jeopardy by handling everyone else's stuff? how would they get the stuff to ship? We send our stuff to them. This whole thread is stupid. Sorry your in a bad spot, but your request is silly. It will just never happen, nor should it.
    09-12-14 02:47 AM
    Someone is cranky today
    09-12-14 02:50 AM
    Not cranky at all. Just stupid to ask that of this site. Expressing myself make me cranky? Spare me. Done here. Move on to more stupid stuff. How about we ask them to be responsible for people ripping people off next? Just dumb.

09-12-14 02:57 AM
27 12