I use Tapatalk to read this forum. I've tried blocking the recent spat of spammers. When I refresh the forum the spammers posts are still there.
    Is this a issue with Crackberry or with Tapatalk in general? If it is with Tapatalk I'll post the issue in the Tapatalk forum.
    05-06-18 05:39 AM
    The best way to deal with them is to hit the report button on the post on a couple of the threads they start.
    Once a moderator sees a few posts show up on their admin screen they can hit a couple of buttons to delete all posts and ban the member either by username, email or ip address.
    That way it's not just you losing them from your feed but everybody who uses the site.

Powered by BB10
    05-06-18 06:03 AM
    I still need to know if the issue of blocked posters still showing up is a Crackberry forum or Tapatalk issue.
    05-06-18 06:24 AM
    I still need to know if the issue of blocked posters still showing up is a Crackberry forum or Tapatalk issue.
    It's a cache issue. Even after the posts have been deleted, if you saw them you're going to continue to see them until a new cahce is written or you clear the cache on whatever app you're using. It's both a CB issue, and Tapatalk issue and for that matter, if you were using a different app or browser, it would be an issue there as well.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-07-18 12:52 PM
    It's a cache issue. Even after the posts have been deleted, if you saw them you're going to continue to see them until a new cahce is written or you clear the cache on whatever app you're using. It's both a CB issue, and Tapatalk issue and for that matter, if you were using a different app or browser, it would be an issue there as well.
    Bla1ze, thanks for the reply and clearing cache hint. Easy solution.
    05-07-18 04:18 PM
    With this morning's rash of spam I had the chance to test the clearing of cache. I blocked the poster, cleared the cache of Tapatalk and the phone, did a hard reboot. The blocked spammer still showed up in Timeline. So cache clearing doesn't seem to be the solution in this case.
    05-18-18 04:57 AM