Just wanted to let everyone know what kind of support you get buying a product here. Last week I purchased "Mobimouse" for my Storm 2, and after spending over an hour trying to get it to work properly, I asked for a refund via email.

The response I got back from <[email protected]> was simply:

"MobiMouse has a free trial.
    We don't issue refunds for programs that have a free trial.

Virtual Views
    Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device"

Not, what can I do to help? No effort to help get the program working, just a flat refusal to refund my money...nice!

I knew the product had a free trial, but didn't see the link when I made the purchase - I went ahead with the purchase with the confidence that if it has a free trial, I would certainly be able to get a refund if I have a problem. I guess buyer beware applies here!
    12-22-09 09:48 AM
    I've purchased dozens of apps and themes through both the CB store and through Mobihand's site directly. In fact, those are the only places I get my apps from (I don't use AppWorld.) I've never had any problems with any purchase. Typically the "Free Trial" option is clearly positioned to the left of the "Purchase" option. If it's greyed out that means that no free trial is available. If it's not greyed out then a free trial *is* offerred.

Your issue, it seems, lies with the developer (Virtual Views), not with CB/Mobi. Nonetheless, if you do have problems in dealing with a developer, CB has a dedicated email address, prominently displayed in their store, for you to direct your concerns.

Buyer beware applies to any product you purchase. Failure to take advantage of a free trial which, you admit, you knew existed, isn't CB's fault, Mobi's fault, or the developer's fault. Again, free trials are prominently displayed on the product page. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and would recommend you take advantage of CB's dedicated support mail address designed to resolve such issues. That's generally a more effective route than posting your complaint in the forums, where none of us can help you.
    12-22-09 09:56 AM
    Move thread to Site Questions. As you probably know the store is run by mobihand, and this is their CB support page...

BlackBerry Apps Support - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

I will also alert the Forum Managers of this thread.
    12-22-09 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately as stated the issue is with the developer and not the CB store directly. You can try shooting an email to crackberrysupport(at)mobihand.com if you want to try and get a refund for the application.

I retitled the thread as well as it was misleading originally.
    12-22-09 10:04 AM
    Buyer beware applies to any product you purchase. Failure to take advantage of a free trial which, you admit, you knew existed, isn't CB's fault, Mobi's fault, or the developer's fault. Again, free trials are prominently displayed on the product page. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and would recommend you take advantage of CB's dedicated support mail address designed to resolve such issues. That's generally a more effective route than posting your complaint in the forums, where none of us can help you.
    I'm thrilled you have never had a problem here...for me, it's my first purchase, and because of the attitude, my last. I can't fathom the attitude that if a customer clicks the wrong link and makes a purchase thinking that the free trial would apply even if you go ahead with payment, he's just screwed if the product doesn't work. And I did email support first - that's how I got the message that I'm SOL.
    12-22-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD