Hey everyone,

Anyone else's phone crashing/rebooting when accessing the FORUMS section via the mobile site? Its happening when Im in the WP Central FORUMS too...Just the forums, I can browse all day on either site when im in the NEWS section.

PS- Im using an HTC windows phone (dont hate me..lol)
    04-29-14 10:30 AM
    Nope. BlackBerry Z10 here.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    04-29-14 10:35 AM
    First I've heard of that.

If you can provide some more specifics (device, OS, browser, where you go in the forums, etc.) we may be able to debug!
    04-30-14 08:17 AM
    First I've heard of that.

If you can provide some more specifics (device, OS, browser, where you go in the forums, etc.) we may be able to debug!
    I'm using an HTC 8S running the new Preview for Developers 8.1 upgrade. Its a non-US phone set to US region in order to get Cortana (which works great) I live in Viet Nam as well. I'm using the stock browser which I guess is IE 11.

I know its probably related to the Upgrade/non-US set up as it only started to happen after the upgrade. But it only crashes (ie reboots the phone) when I am in either the WP or Crackberry Forums. Each site works fine otherwise.
    05-02-14 01:48 AM
    Strange. Is there anything else unique that might let us narrow down the issue?
    05-02-14 08:36 AM
    Not that I can think of.

Let me play around with it a bit more and let you know if it happens on any other sites. It doesnt seem to but I will tey it some more. Dont wanna waist anyones time if its just related to my phone and not a system wide think.

Back in a couple days.. Thanks
    05-02-14 08:59 AM
    Im still crashing when I try and read a post in the Crackberry forum. It only crashes when i use IE. When i use a differnt browser i have no problems.

As a reminder: when I access the CB mobile site from my HTC 8S running the Preview for Developers 8.1 upgrade it always crashes and sends me back to my start screen. I can get as far as seeing the list of comments in a particular forum but when I click on a comment, any comment, it kickes me out (phone says 'Resuming...') then sends me to my Start screen.

It has happened in the WP Central forums a few times too but not always. It happens 100% of the time in the CB forum.
    05-11-14 11:12 AM
    I'll check w tech on this and let you know if we find anything. In fact, contact me directly (my email is below) as I will definitely have more questions for you on this. Thanks!
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-12-14 08:38 AM
    Ah ha! I see what the problem is? You aren't using a BlackBerry! Change your phone and all your problems will be solved (well, nearly all anyway!)!

; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-12-14 08:48 AM
    Ah ha! I see what the problem is? You aren't using a BlackBerry! Change your phone and all your problems will be solved (well, nearly all anyway!)!

; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    You're so clever. Did ya run out of battery half way through typing that and recharge, or did you make sure you were at 100% before you started?

Right back at ya... cheers.
    05-12-14 10:09 AM
    You're so clever. Did ya run out of battery half way through typing that and recharge, or did you make sure you were at 100% before you started?

Right back at ya... cheers.
    lol.....you Android users can be so cruel sometimes! sniffle, sniffle! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-12-14 10:15 AM
    I'll check w tech on this and let you know if we find anything. In fact, contact me directly (my email is below) as I will definitely have more questions for you on this. Thanks!
    Ok. Will do. Thanks!
    05-12-14 10:23 AM
    lol.....you Android users can be so cruel sometimes! sniffle, sniffle! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Actually, its a Windows Phone (insert joke here). Ive had them all and WP suits me best. Although I do have my eye on the new Z3, or possibly a Z10.
    05-12-14 10:30 AM
    Actually, being serious what is the HTC phone like? Is it a good phone? Not looking to start a BlackBerry vs HTC war or anything, just asking for your views as a user. I can replace my Z10 in December, so unless BlackBerry come out with something of the same form factor as the Z10 I was thinking of perhaps getting a Sony or perhaps an HTC to try to see what they are like and keep the Z10 just in case I don't like it.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-12-14 10:36 AM
    Actually, its a Windows Phone (insert joke here). Ive had them all and WP suits me best. Although I do have my eye on the new Z3, or possibly a Z10.
    My bad! Sorry!

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-12-14 10:38 AM
    Actually, being serious what is the HTC phone like? Is it a good phone? Not looking to start a BlackBerry vs HTC war or anything, just asking for your views as a user. I can replace my Z10 in December, so unless BlackBerry come out with something of the same form factor as the Z10 I was thinking of perhaps getting a Sony or perhaps an HTC to try to see what they are like and keep the Z10 just in case I don't like it.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Well, i do like the HTC 8S. Its small (4in screen) but it has a nice design and is inexpensive. Here's the thing. If you want to get a windows phone (i love the OS) get a nokia. Many more choices and Nokia supports their phones. HTC, not so much. I cant advise you too much on Android phones as I dont really like Android (resource hog and inconsistent OS). Sony makes nice phones. From what I read the Moto X is nice. Oppo makes really nice phones too. I understand that the new HTCs are really nice. Not a fan of their support though.
    05-12-14 10:48 AM
    Well, i do like the HTC 8S. Its small (4in screen) but it has a nice design and is inexpensive. Here's the thing. If you want to get a windows phone (i love the OS) get a nokia. Many more choices and Nokia supports their phones. HTC, not so much. I cant advise you too much on Android phones as I dont really like Android (resource hog and inconsistent OS). Sony makes nice phones. From what I read the Moto X is nice. Oppo makes really nice phones too. I understand that the new HTCs are really nice. Not a fan of their support though.
    Thanks. Not a big love of Android OS myself. My girlfriend has had Android for the last few years, but not any top models, so was thinking of giving it a try. Had a Nokia a few years back. Liked the phone, build quality was superb so it may be a toss up between Sony or Nokia then.

Cheers! : )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    05-12-14 10:54 AM
    Thanks. Not a big lover of the Android OS myself. My girlfriend has had Android for the last few years, but not any top models, so was thinking of giving it a try for myself. Had a Nokia a few years back. Liked the phone, build quality was superb so it may be a toss up between Sony or Nokia then.

Cheers! : )

Careful! Z10 in action!

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-12-14 10:55 AM
    Sorry for the double post. Tried to edit my last post and it came up like that instead. : (

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-12-14 10:57 AM