Hey All,

Just a quick note. If you're viewing the CrackBerry forums on the main website (from a computer - not mobile template and not via the forums app), in the header navigation we've always had two buttons: Today's Posts, and below that Today's BB Posts.

Historically the Today's Posts button showed you ALL new posts from ALL forums. The Today's BB Posts excluded a bunch - like the off topic forums, non-BB device forums, and the social forums.

Today I flipped the buttons. Turns out most people only click that top one and not the second optimized button, so now the the top button is for Today's BB Posts. And the button below that shows you new posts from ALL forums (this is the previous Today's Posts button).

The mobile site template has always had a cleaner distinction here... New Posts: BB / All, so this is the same. I always thought it was obvious, but I guess not.

Hopefully this helps you all out! The Today's BB Posts link is a good one.. makes for a clean experience.

ALSO NOTE... if you ever want to make a bookmark for yourself that excludes certain forums from showing up, it's easy to do. Just add the forum id to the exclude statement. You can find the forum ids when you hover with your mouse of a forum link it's within the url). So on a URL like this...just add the id at the end to whatever forums you don't want to see:

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....47,169,225,159

Enjoy!

Kevin
    07-18-12 05:13 PM
    This will greatly improve the CB experience! Nice work!
    07-18-12 06:04 PM
    Well technically the experience was always there.. it was just a click down.. which I think makes all the difference. Lol. Still have both options to browse, but the default has less noise and more of that pure CrackBerry goodness experience.
    07-18-12 06:07 PM
    can we remove the pin sharing threads out of "new posts?"
    07-18-12 06:08 PM
    But then it wouldn't be all posts? It would new "New Posts (all minus pin sharing)".

The search I **think** you're looking for would be as follows:

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....exclude=51,159

So if you want to make a browser bookmark for that, you can have it immediately. Done.

I think from a content discovery standpoint it makes more sense to have all posts as all posts still. The fact those forums are busy, means they are in demand. I get that not everybody will want them though. Will think on the best way to address. Ideally we should have a customizable Today's Posts button, so you can decide what forums you want to subscribe to or exclude.
    07-18-12 06:22 PM
    yeah i already made they shortcut like you mention. There was talk probably a year ago about maybe removing them so i was just curious if that was still a thought or not. Its no big deal either way really.
    07-18-12 06:25 PM
    Awesome kevin! I mostly use the wap forums. Only a few times have I actually used the desktop style.
    07-24-12 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD