Please help as none of the android apps are working for me...Tried resetting the device, doing the trick of holding the volume buttons and resetting and it hasn't helped.

Just to mention I had updated from 10.2.1.3062 (offficial) to 10.3.1 using Sachesi2 on windows, i know the OS can be buggy but i did the same process on my Dev Alpha B and it worked like a charm.

The only doubt I have is that i already had android app store on my phone and it has got replaced in the same place and is now a system app(probably expected behavior) but the problem being that i am not able to delete it or overwrite it.
    12-22-14 05:39 PM
    This is a known non-destructive update bug.

It can sometimes be fixed by reloading the two android bars with Sachesi, rebooting, and waiting 30 minutes (don't touch anything!) while the runtime initializes for the first time.

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try is to do a backup with Link, perform a security wipe, and then do a restore of everything except what is labelled the "blackberry runtime" in the apps section. This item contains some extra Android settings and can get corrupted. If you are a Clash of Clans person, you'll be upset because this item also contains your saved game, and it will be lost forever. Most other android apps will restore fine, including their settings.

Next step, if this too doesn't work, is to do another security wipe, and then no restore at all. If you do that, you can use ultimate backup from bbw to at least backup and restore your contacts if they are not already cloud-based.

Good luck.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 05:48 PM
    You can check my other posts. I had the same issue. I did 2 things to fix it... not sure which one fixed it. (Sorry but my method would flunk Troubleshooting 101.)

Based on suggestions made by other CB'ers, I deleted Google Maps and Google Earth and I did 3 hard resets (simultaneously press and hold both volume buttons for about 20 seconds).

After this, my already installed Android apps started working, and much snappier too.

Then I downloaded & reinstalled Google Earth. It works. So do my other Android apps.

Then I downloaded and reinstalled Google Maps. It got stuck at a frozen black screen for over 5 minutes. I gave up. After that, my other Android apps wouldn't launch. I deleted Google Maps and did another hard reset. Now my other Android apps are working, eg, Spotify & The Score.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:33 PM
    Or just wait for a couple of days. It fixed on its own in my case.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 06:05 PM
    Similar to my problem here. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=984514

I ended up doing a security wipe. and used ultimate backup to back up my things.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:47 AM
    Just delete Google Maps off your phone, do a couple of hard resets, and it should work. I've upgraded 4 phones, 1 passport, 1 Z30 & 2 Z10's to 1154. All 4 are working perfectly and all 4 have their Android apps working... except for Google Maps (which has to be deleted off the phone and followed by a hard reset... or else the other Android apps on the phone won't work.

Go figure. But those is how it has worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:52 AM
    Just delete Google Maps off your phone, do a couple of hard resets, and it should work. I've upgraded 4 phones, 1 passport, 1 Z30 & 2 Z10's to 1154. All 4 are working perfectly and all 4 have their Android apps working... except for Google Maps (which has to be deleted off the phone and followed by a hard reset... or else the other Android apps on the phone won't work.

Go figure. But those is how it has worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting I wonder if that would have solved my issue prior to wiping.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 03:10 PM
    Interesting I wonder if that would have solved my issue prior to wiping.

Posted via CB10
    Doubt it. I've done updates on over a dozen of these, and that had nothing do to with any of them. Corruption was in the "blackberry runtime" android data module (not to be confused with the Android runtime). As a matter of fact, Google Maps wasn't even installed on most of them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 03:57 PM
    Doubt it. I've done updates on over a dozen of these, and that had nothing do to with any of them. Corruption was in the "blackberry runtime" android data module (not to be confused with the Android runtime). As a matter of fact, Google Maps wasn't even installed on most of them.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    I hear ya, Mr Conite,

I had just wiped my Z30 a couple of days earlier to resolve an issue with low device memory. And, before the wipe, my Android apps were working fine. After the wipe, they were still working, including Google Maps. That was when I was on 10.2.1.3062.

Then I used Sachesi to install 10.3.1.1154. Suddenly none of my Android apps were working. That's when I deleted Google Maps etc as described in my earlier post.

I respect your opinion as it sure seems like an unusual resolution. And I know one other frequent commenter here on CB said that Google Maps works fine on 1154 if you leave it alone long enough to complete the installation. When the Google Maps install process appeared to be stalled, I gave up after 5 minutes of a blank screen. After that, I just deleted it, did a hard reset, then all the Android apps started working again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 12-31-14 at 10:46 AM.
    D_Way likes this.
    12-26-14 10:44 PM
    PatrickMJS,

I installed 10.3.1.1154 on my Z10 recently as well. None of my Android Apps would load. UGH. Even tried updating them via Snap. They even the updates would just hang. Re-installed OS. Did reboots and battery pulls. Nothing. Searched and found your issue. Deleted Google Maps. Did hard resets and poof, my andriod apps are working again. IDK but it worked. So thank you.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-30-14 06:36 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions...My android apps are now working..I updated the android bar files from the latest release (10.3.1.1949) which are available and restarted the system and it worked.

My email in BlackBerry Hub did start giving headache after I updated all the bars but I replaced them with the previous bars from. 1154 and it started working.

Highly appreciate all the responses. If someone is still stuck then you can try the above as well.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS and LuayS like this.
    01-05-15 08:10 PM
    You can check my other posts. I had the same issue. I did 2 things to fix it... not sure which one fixed it. (Sorry but my method would flunk Troubleshooting 101.)

Based on suggestions made by other CB'ers, I deleted Google Maps and Google Earth and I did 3 hard resets (simultaneously press and hold both volume buttons for about 20 seconds).

After this, my already installed Android apps started working, and much snappier too.

Then I downloaded & reinstalled Google Earth. It works. So do my other Android apps.

Then I downloaded and reinstalled Google Maps. It got stuck at a frozen black screen for over 5 minutes. I gave up. After that, my other Android apps wouldn't launch. I deleted Google Maps and did another hard reset. Now my other Android apps are working, eg, Spotify & The Score.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much!!! I deleted Google maps then did a hard restart multiple times and now the amazon app store just opened! Awesome!

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-10-15 08:26 AM