Guys, what is that you want to be fixed with your Q5? What are the issues you're having with your Q5, currently?

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-04-14 12:53 AM
    If you look through the Q5 forums, you will see many threads that list questions about problems.
    Is this meant to be a general fault listing thread?
    12-04-14 10:28 AM
    Yeah, something that is really a small problem and cannot be expected to be resolved anytime soon. Like, I face this problem of text thread suddenly not saving texts as drafts.

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-04-14 11:10 AM
    Which OS?

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    12-04-14 11:15 AM
    Any OS. My phone's running 10.2

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-04-14 12:37 PM
    Well not really a hardware issue, but a fault with the chassis. Dust gets underneath the screen over time. I have a speck or two underneath mine. I've had my Q5 for 11 months now

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    12-05-14 09:40 AM
    - dust in screen - very annoying, those who havent got that should tape the sim and sd card door out
    - keys are a little bit hard and make too much clicky sound
    - the piece of device information in the back is so easily to fall out
    - loose sd and sim door
    - mine has a defective proximity sensor - it works in any apps but Phone (wtf???). So annoying I have to holster device every time calling
    - loose vol up/down keys
    - headphone jack will not regconize headphone in first plug (yeah, it just happened 2 weeks ago...)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 10:18 AM
    Seems like you don't really like the Q5.

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-06-14 06:06 AM
    Biggest problem is the battery life but that maybe a problem with BlackBerry itself.
    Voice control key is loose.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:43 AM
    Only issue I have is weak WiFi, but that's a known limitation in the 10.3.1 leaks at the moment. Even with that issue, I love my Q5.
    12-06-14 11:38 AM
    Biggest problem is the battery life but that maybe a problem with BlackBerry itself.
    Voice control key is loose.

Posted via CB10
    Batter is just amazing! It's the best with the Q5

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-06-14 11:44 AM
    - dust in screen - very annoying, those who havent got that should tape the sim and sd card door out
    - keys are a little bit hard and make too much clicky sound
    - the piece of device information in the back is so easily to fall out
    - loose sd and sim door
    - mine has a defective proximity sensor - it works in any apps but Phone (wtf???). So annoying I have to holster device every time calling
    - loose vol up/down keys
    - headphone jack will not regconize headphone in first plug (yeah, it just happened 2 weeks ago...)

Posted via CB10
    I agree with the dust in screen, although my phone has a third-party silicone case that covers the top edges as well, I have a speck of dirt right in the middle of the screen. Maybe it got there through the earpiece.

About the rest of the issues, did you try a device replacement (if under warranty) or send it back (if used)? Sounds like a defective piece! I have been using the Q5 since October last year and I haven't had these issues and haven't come across any in the thread (except for the fiddly sim cover).

Only issue I have is weak WiFi, but that's a known limitation in the 10.3.1 leaks at the moment. Even with that issue, I love my Q5.
    Aah yes! And the broken copy feature lol
    If I select the entire text, the copy option does not show unless I unselect a character.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    12-06-14 11:59 AM
    Do you mean battery is good as a BlackBerry phone or as a smartphone because I can see most BlackBerry phones sucks with little extra app usage compared to android.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:31 PM
    biggest problem for me is the battery...

I think if people use silicon case/jelly case they don't need to tape their sim and micro sd slot to prevent dust... I use a cheap silicon case and not taping the slots. no dust under the screen until now (I hope in the future too...

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:17 PM
    I have heard of battery issues in Z10 and have experienced it as well but for me personally Q5 holds out really well. Maybe you expect a longer battery life from your battery. If that's the case and assuming you won't upgrade and it's not an ideal solution, you could invest in a power bank. It holds out pretty well for many users!

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    12-06-14 01:51 PM
    I have no issues with battery...
    Battery last for about 1,5 Days with normal usage (texting, email and news, not many calls tho)
    This is good for a smartphone as far as my experience goes. With no 3g/wifi it last a lot longer. My solution if battery is low and I have no chance for recharging soon.

I'm running 10.3.1 atm but not for a long time so I haven't really tested battery saving mode yet. Normally my phone doesn't drop below 40% before im charging it again at night.
    Imo battery improved with 10.3.1 compared to 10.2 even tho I now have more android apps running/working in the background.

I don't have any hardware problems with my device yet after 9 months. No dust problems, tho the door for the slots could be a little tighter.
    Only software bugs for me, I hope these will be fixed with final 10.3.1.

I'm really happy with my q5 and I hope it last for atleast 1,5 more years. I like the keyboard and it's small size (compared to other smartphones nowadays). I didn't really liked the design of the q10 and it also was a lot cheaper replaceable battery would be nice tho.
    Umaima_B_Dia and Kanishk Amin like this.
    12-06-14 06:38 PM
    Don't judge me, even with those bugs I still love my Q5 alot mine is from the first batch produced, so I understand. Battery life is awesome btw. Only the classic can be the perfect replacement for it

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-06-14 11:27 PM
    Don't judge me, even with those bugs I still love my Q5 alot mine is from the first batch produced, so I understand. Battery life is awesome btw. Only the classic can be the perfect replacement for it

Posted via CB10
    That is a lot of love for a device w/ so many issues! Lol

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    12-06-14 11:28 PM
    And no software issue for me, not a single error. It works flawlessly (and I mean I use it alot, for work obviously)

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:29 PM
    And no software issue for me, not a single error. It works flawlessly (and I mean I use it alot, for work obviously)

Posted via CB10
    No leaks?

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    12-06-14 11:33 PM
    That is a lot of love for a device w/ so many issues! Lol

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.1016
    Actually this is nothing comparing with my first bold 9000... and I don't care too much about the headphone problem, I rarely listen to music on Q5, but the problem with proximity sensor is driving me nuts... I mean when testing with BBVE, it works everytime. When calling with Viber or Line, it works all the time too. But never it works with the Phone app itself! Tried everything, reload rom, reload Phone app, wipe...

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:33 PM
    My BB Q5 screen was badly cracked - after looking online and being ok at technical bits with phones in past, decided to order full screen and change myself - did this (seemingly with no problems) but now the phone will not load up at all!
    Red light at top right for power flashes on then off, phone seems to boot up and shut down again but with nothing on the screen.
    Part was authentic BB and in brand new condition - packaging etc.. good.
    Please help! Using an old BB ?Curve, but didn't realise contacts etc... was all stored on the Q5 phone and not SIM or Memory card!
    12-08-14 12:48 PM
    I've had my Q5 since June. And I really have no issues at all. I've got the hard shell blackberry case that covers the sim/memcard slot. I also have a screen protector. So no real dust issues. Everything works perfectly.

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    12-08-14 01:54 PM
    My BB Q5 screen was badly cracked - after looking online and being ok at technical bits with phones in past, decided to order full screen and change myself - did this (seemingly with no problems) but now the phone will not load up at all!
    Red light at top right for power flashes on then off, phone seems to boot up and shut down again but with nothing on the screen.
    Part was authentic BB and in brand new condition - packaging etc.. good.
    Please help! Using an old BB ?Curve, but didn't realise contacts etc... was all stored on the Q5 phone and not SIM or Memory card!
    Try hooking up the device into your pc and use link to see if the phone boots up properly and you can backup your addresses. If it does boot up and the backup process can proceed then you must have broken your screen... otherwise maybe a loose pin connector somewhere, please double check

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:04 AM
    I got my Q5 as a spare in August when my Z10 screen broke and had to wait for the parts to come in to fix it. The only complaint I have is the ear speaker when i answer a call. It's sounds like a busted speaker so I use my headphones as much as possible in order to hear clearly. I could send it for repairs but can't bear being without my Q5 for an unknown period of time. Haven't used my Z10 since.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:56 AM
110 123 ...