Anyone figure out how to map the keyboard for games? shows it in action, but whenever I load up games it's not recognizing the keyboard and I have no idea how to map the buttons.
    10-03-14 04:11 AM
    That looks great. I would love to have ps3 or ps4 controller support too.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:01 AM
    Anyone figure out how to map the keyboard for games? shows it in action, but whenever I load up games it's not recognizing the keyboard and I have no idea how to map the buttons.
    Which version of retroarch are you using? I can't get the version I have to load
    10-20-14 04:47 PM
    Same here, although I have a Q10. I tried to reach the author on twitter, let's see what he responds...

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:59 AM
    Which version of retroarch are you using? I can't get the version I have to load
    I'm the one that did the video that OP posted and I am using v1.0.2.8. Haven't had any problems in Passport aside from the select button not working.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:45 AM
    I'm the one that did the video that OP posted and I am using v1.0.2.8. Haven't had any problems in Passport aside from the select button not working.

Posted via CB10
    How did you map the buttons? Tried some of the SNES emulators and can't seem to get the buttons to work...
    10-22-14 03:02 AM
    Thanks for replying. Well, I really don't know what I can do more to make mapping work. How did you sideload the bar? And did you manually map the buttons? What's shown in the "Input" screen?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:10 AM
    What OS version are you running? I'm still on official 10.2.2. Maybe we should install a leaked 10.3 firmware. But I'm using a Q10, not a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:12 AM
    Thanks for replying. Well, I really don't know what I can do more to make mapping work. How did you sideload the bar? And did you manually map the buttons? What's shown in the "Input" screen?

Posted via CB10
    No problem!

And I literally side loaded the bar and didn't touch ANYTHING. I know the mapping functionality is currently broken and has been ever since the inception of this port. Give it some time, apparently the actual developers of RetroArch are planning on supporting BB10 in the future. This version that we are using was a fan-made port of it anyway.

I have only used RetroArch on 10.2.1, 10.3.0, and 10.3.1. All of which it seemed to work fine without touching anything. I genuinely cannot help figure out the problem some of you are having because I haven't had any problems. I'm no expert on how the app works deep down, you'll have to post on the RetroArch forum here and see if the dev can help because the truth of the matter is that I just loaded it and it worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 06:28 AM
    Oh man! Does that ever look good on that screen. I'll need to get this when my Passport arrives! Time to queue up some ROM downloads!
    10-22-14 07:19 AM
    Oh man! Does that ever look good on that screen. I'll need to get this when my Passport arrives! Time to queue up some ROM downloads!
    The screen is absolutely gorgeous. The games that I played as a child now feel brand new because of the this
    10-22-14 09:04 AM
    I flashed 10.3.821 and sideloaded RetroArch but no luck... I can't believe that it's working for some people and for the most it's not... frustrating...
    10-22-14 11:35 AM
    I'm using retroarch from snap. Seems to work with the controller overlays. Played a few games, all worked fine. The native one is probably faster, but the android one just works. I'm on a passport with the default (updated) os

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:49 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Ya, the select button doesn't work and I've tried to remap the keys but it doesn't save the changes (seems to be binded to the Q10 keyboard). Trying to play Legend of Zelda for NES, can't start the game :S
    10-23-14 09:38 AM
    Ya, the select button doesn't work and I've tried to remap the keys but it doesn't save the changes (seems to be binded to the Q10 keyboard). Trying to play Legend of Zelda for NES, can't start the game :S
    Haha yeah, it's mapped for the Q10 unfortunately. It'd be such an easy fix too

For Zelda on GBC you need to press start+select to save, and select to see the minimap especially in dungeons. Just a tad bit annoying. I just use save states, but not being able to see a map sucksss

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:21 PM
    I'm going to have to download this. I have been wanting to play me some Actraiser for awhile.
    10-25-14 12:54 PM
    Playing Zelda for snes and so far so good. Yes I can see the map. only concern I have is the durability of the keyboard under heavy button mashing. Thank god its a work phone lol. Haha.
    10-25-14 04:09 PM
    Playing Zelda for snes and so far so good. Yes I can see the map. only concern I have is the durability of the keyboard under heavy button mashing. Thank god its a work phone lol. Haha.
    I'm sure BlackBerry performed at least a million keystroke test. You should be fine.
    10-25-14 09:57 PM
    I can't believe that the keypad works for you but not for me... Any suggestion? I have a Q10 running 10.2.2.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 10-26-14 at 02:11 PM.
    10-26-14 09:07 AM
    Thanks for the update

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    10-26-14 09:54 AM
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to map the keypad. Works with touchscreen controls and on a Z30, that is wonderful. On the Passport, I need keyboard controls. Anyone that can help with this, it would be much appreciated!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-26-14 10:29 AM
    I don't see why it wouldn't work for you considering the keys are binded for the Q10. Try sideloading an older version of retroarch, some people had issues with the newest release.

I can't believe that the keypad works for you but not for me... Any suggestion? I have a Q10 running 10.2.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:17 PM
    I can't for the life of me figure out how to map the keypad. Works with touchscreen controls and on a Z30, that is wonderful. On the Passport, I need keyboard controls. Anyone that can help with this, it would be much appreciated!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Download version 1.2.8 on github and sideload it. It works for my passport

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    10-26-14 08:04 PM
    not working for me either (1.0.2.8 with 10.3.0.908)

the games start but keyboard is not working (mapping buttons does not change anything)
    10-27-14 06:32 PM
    I had keyboard mapping working perfectly on the Android version of RetroArch, but it's a pain in the ****.
    You need to get from the android store or find an APK for External Keyboard Helper.
    You then need a launcher to access the android settings menu and enable the input method.
    You can use External Keyboard Helper to map the keys to control pad functions.

Choose the external keyboard helper input method in RetroArch, map the keys, and it works perfectly.
    agedly likes this.
    10-27-14 07:09 PM
97 123 ...