I used to have a problem with letters Y and O. They became just super sensitive. As if on touch screen. You don't click it but touch and it prints on the screen. Furthermore if u push letters next to them u accidentally touch them and have to correct ur text all the time. That was super annoying. After I installed a brand new spare keyboard I found out the same issue but slightly different. Now I had W and O problem.
    I disassembled both keyboards and found out that the keyboard is defective. But easily fixable.

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140823_113315.jpg

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140823_113050.jpg

As it is seen on the picture, letter W's round plate hasn't been installed properly on its place. It has to be put right in the centre of the main plate (with 2 circles). Same issue was with O button. I centred both of them and it started to work perfectly.
    That is my own experience. I think double typing issue is related to this defect as well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ilmizi; 09-01-14 at 02:09 AM.
    Mecca EL, bbnrs, Q10Bold and 24 others like this.
    08-24-14 02:13 PM
    Awesome find and fix!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:27 PM
    Great. Thanks for images. Did the discs fit into position or was glue necessary to secure them?
    08-24-14 04:26 PM
    No, you don't need glue. The white layer is already sticky. All you need is to fix the disc on the layer in a right position

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and vibhorsingh86 like this.
    08-24-14 11:38 PM
    For those who suffer from double typing issue. According to information from one of Russian BlackBerry related websites, this problem is also related to the keyboard hardware issue mentioned in this topic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ilmizi; 08-31-14 at 04:35 PM.
    bbnrs likes this.
    08-30-14 03:59 PM
    So it's that simple. Readjust the metal plates...

Interesting

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-30-14 04:38 PM
    Would you post a quick and easy "how to" guide to remove and reassemble the keyboard? I don't want to mess up my phone!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 04:44 PM
    Yeah...if the OP could post a step by step guide to do this, it would be awesome! great find.
    widderschynnes likes this.
    08-30-14 04:46 PM
    I will try to make "how to do" guide tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs, widderschynnes and JGoodard like this.
    08-30-14 04:53 PM
    I found this on YouTube. ...

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...a4rhVGBk1nfknA

Posted via CrackBerry App
    widderschynnes and JGoodard like this.
    08-30-14 04:55 PM
    The back of my keyboard has a 3/4 metal plate.

Not understanding what u did.
    Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140831_015951.jpg

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    ilmizi likes this.
    08-31-14 02:01 AM
    What we see on the pic is the back side. You have to remove plastic keyboard from the front. Then you will see the white layer. The layer is sticking to the metal plate. Look at my pics. Those round membranes are located between the metal plate and white layer.
    Give me some time, I will disassemble my spare keyboard and upload pics here as I get home.
    Anyway what ever you do to your keyboard you have to be very careful.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:04 AM
    What we see on the pic is the back side. You have to remove plastic keyboard from the front. Then you will see the white layer. The layer is sticking to the metal plate. Look at my pics. Those round membranes are located between the metal plate and white layer.
    Give me some time, I will disassemble my spare keyboard and upload pics here as I get home.
    Anyway what ever you do to your keyboard you have to be very careful.

Posted via CB10
    Looking forward to this. I don't have problems yet with my two month old new Q10. But I certainly would like to be prepared when problems begin with my keyboard! Glad to have chanced upon this thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:14 PM
    Thanks for your find!
    08-31-14 12:18 PM
    I have a spare keyboard on hand... I think I'll pull it apart just to see this for myself.

I have a question though... since phones seem to develop this problem over time, does that mean the metal disks gradually shift as they're used?
    08-31-14 01:00 PM
    I have a spare keyboard on hand... I think I'll pull it apart just to see this for myself.

I have a question though... since phones seem to develop this problem over time, does that mean the metal disks gradually shift as they're used?
    This is what I was wondering....

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:29 PM

I think yes, coz the double typing issue did not show in the beginning.
    If the OP fixed his issue definitely, I'll do the same. Coz I have a "QWERTZ" german Keyboard with the "EURO"-money sign, the replacement Keyboards are "QWERTY" with a "DOLLAR"-Money sign.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-31-14 01:57 PM
    I used to have a problem with letters Y and O. They became just super sensitive. As if on touch screen. You don't click it but touch and it prints on the screen. Furthermore if u push next to them letters u accidentally touch them and have to correct ur text every time. That was super annoying. After I installed a brand new spare keyboard I found out the same issue but slightly different. Now I had W and O problem.
    I disassembled both keyboards and found out that the keyboard is defective. But easily fixable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_113315.jpg 
Views:	4093 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	293167

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_113050.jpg 
Views:	4088 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	293170

As it is seen on the picture, letter W's round plate hasn't been installed properly on its place. It has to be put right in the centre of the main plate (with 2 circles). Same issue was with O button. I centred both of them and it started to work perfectly.
    That is my own experience. I think double typing issue is related to this defect as well.

Posted via CB10
    Nice find. Ive changed my keyboard but gonba check this out tomorrow

Posted via Q10Bold
    ilmizi likes this.
    08-31-14 02:04 PM

To be honest I don't think it could shift over the time. Because the layer is sticky. What I think is that rubber under the letters that makes a resistance (not the one on the picture) goes softer by the time. Unless you have a new keyboard, resistance of that letter layer helps to prevent this issue. But after it softens the key lays down on the metal membrane. Sometimes you can feel it by pressing the key - weak resistance or even no at all.
    That's my thought.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:19 PM
    I think yes, coz the double typing issue did not show in the beginning.
    If the OP fixed his issue definitely, I'll do the same. Coz I have a "QWERTZ" german Keyboard with the "EURO"-money sign, the replacement Keyboards are "QWERTY" with a "DOLLAR"-Money sign.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    I'll bet you can buy a new keyboard and frankenstein the new guts with your existing keys. They come apart quite easily.
    08-31-14 05:47 PM
    Ok. This is how I disassembled my keyboard.

Gently pull over the plastic part, note that there are 2 clips on both sides.
    Right side
    Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140901_092242.jpg
    Left side
    Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140901_092308.jpg
    Distinguishing 2 parts
    Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140901_091354.jpg

After that we've got 2 parts of keyboard
    Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140901_091416.jpg

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140901_091423.jpg

It might look a bit hard because surfaces are sticky but doing gently won't harm it.

What happens after that is clearly seen on my 1st post. There are some tips you have to notice.

Note 1. Taking off the keyboard from the phone, try not to damage flex cable. And be sure that it has isolation when u install it. The one on the pic doesn't have it.

Hypersensitive problem on Q10 is solved. For double typing issue probably too.-img_20140901_091445.jpg

Note 2. Reassembling keyboard make sure you make it properly. Otherwise it will not click when u push the button.

Note 3. Before reassembling your phone plug in your keyboard to motherplate, start the phone and check the workability of each key, also check the backlight of every single letter. Do it with the cable stuck on its place.

Note 4. There is a full video of disassembling the phone on youtube. But be careful with the screws. They are made of quite soft metal, so the heads could be damaged and you won't be able to screw them.

What else? I think that's it. Any questions, I'm here to help you

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ilmizi; 09-01-14 at 06:03 AM.
    09-01-14 01:03 AM
    I wonder if this thread helped anyone except me?))
    bbnrs likes this.
    09-22-14 05:36 AM
    This is an interesting thread indeed. I have no idea if this will help me but I am saving it for when I have time to look into it.
    ilmizi likes this.
    09-22-14 07:48 AM
    I wonder if this thread helped anyone except me?))
    I'm about to try this one for my Q10. My Q10 has had double typing issue from day2. It's been just a month old now. Gotta try. Will update once I do this.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:05 AM
    I'm about to try this one for my Q10. My Q10 has had double typing issue from day2. It's been just a month old now. Gotta try. Will update once I do this.

Posted via CB10
    Let us know what happens. Mine has started double typing the letters a and o. It's a two month old Q10.
    09-22-14 10:27 AM
132 123 ...