Galaxy S5's fingerprint scanner easily fooled, for unlocking and paypal transactions
    Fingerprint lock in Samsung Galaxy 5 easily defeated by whitehat hackers | Ars Technica
    Wondering if blackberry will ever put fingerprint scanner in their phones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=sfhLZZWBn5Q
    picture password seems way more secure than this ripoff
    04-15-14 11:48 AM
    A gimmick that doesn't even work properly. It was just for marketing, they didn't do much RnD on this finger print scanner.

Posted via my Zee Zed 10
    04-15-14 11:56 AM
    Exactly, but playing with people's internet banking is surely something not acceptable
    04-15-14 11:59 AM
    As was the case with last September's Touch ID hack, the attack on Samsung's fingerprint reader used a "wood glue spoof" made from an etched PCB mold. The spoofed fingerprint was crafted by taking a camera-phone photo of an unprocessed latent print smudge left on a smartphone screen. Interestingly, the spoof was left over from work Schlabs did when researching Apple's Touch ID. For reasons he has yet to precisely determine, the spoof doesn't work against an iPhone, but it had no problem unlocking the S5.
    I don't think the average user has to worry about this.

As for Picture Password.... I guess my fingers are just to fat. I was always having issues being able to get the number in just the right spot. Rather use a simple password.....
    04-15-14 12:02 PM

As for Picture Password.... I guess my fingers are just to fat. I was always having issues being able to get the number in just the right spot. Rather use a simple password.....
    I don't think your fat fingers had anything to do with it, maybe you were just choosing bad pictures?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:04 PM
    And we will still see media reading s5 as the best phone by Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:27 PM
    The fingerprint scanning isn't intended to be a top level security measure. It's a minor security measure intended to be a convenient and quick option for those who don't wish to be bothered with constantly inputting pins and passcodes. For that purpose, it's far from being laughable or unreliable. It does exactly what it's purported to do.

It is intended as a secondary measure for those users who use secure possession and personal monitoring as their primary level of security. Personally, I'd love to have it on my device, as it'd save me a lot of time entering passcodes for various apps and services, yet at the same time my buddy who wishes to borrow my phone for a moment can't just pick it up and go peeking through what I don't want him/her to see.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-15-14 01:12 PM

For picture password you can just touch anywhere and bring the number to the spot you have set up, so that way you see exactly where you have to bring the number to

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 01:18 PM
    This and stuff like "Knox", yeah Samsung is really ontop of the mobile security game
    04-15-14 01:55 PM
    For picture password you can just touch anywhere Posted via CB10
    Once I realized this, it worked much better. I am using it all the time now, mostly with success. Maybe it should be a tad less sensitive, as sometime just lifting my finger off the screen creates a slight roll that moves the number out of position.
    04-15-14 02:08 PM
    Galaxy S5 fingerprint sensor hacked http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27050779

Definitely a feature IT admits will want to disable...

FAIL

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:50 AM