File sharing via NFC is nothing new for BlackBerry 10 users, although from my experience it's not used nearly as much as it should be. There isn't an easier way to share something with a friend - as long as they have a smartphone with NFC. Fortunately, all BlackBerry 10 devices have NFC - unlike a few competitors that still seem to be lagging behind on that front.*

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    02-27-14 11:10 AM
    I use NFC tags for quite a few things...

NFC in my house for guest wifi access; no need to scan for a network and get my password, just tap and connect

NFC on my dashboard to turn on bluetooth / pair with BB Music gateway and launch Neutron on my Q10

NFC on the clock on my nightstand which turns off wifi, turns off bluetooth, turns off all notifications, turns my phone's alarm clock on

NFC on my Monster-brand bluetooth speaker; tap to connect (made it work more like the bb music gateway)

NFC to pay for my tim's coffee every day

NFC to pay for anything else via CIBC/Rogers suretap program

I Love NFC.
    anon(5881519) likes this.
    02-27-14 03:18 PM
    I bought tags but they are not compatible. I should have read a little better. Can you recommend tags that you are using and where you got them.

By the way Mifare classic 1k tags are not compatible with my Z10.

They vibrate on tap but a Window comes up and says 'this tag is blank or not recognized ' cannot write to them

C0015B221 All about making Wine kits.
    03-06-14 04:12 PM
    I got tags from ebay from a vendor called nfcguyz.. They are okay. A friend of mine got some which seem to have better range and they hold more data (you can write more instructions to each tag) but he doesn't recall where he got them online... I'll have to bug him to look into it again.
    03-07-14 11:57 PM
    I wish we could use it to make purchases in stores. Other than that I have little use for the NFC.
    03-08-14 12:25 AM
    I got tags from ebay from a vendor called nfcguyz.. They are okay. A friend of mine got some which seem to have better range and they hold more data (you can write more instructions to each tag) but he doesn't recall where he got them online... I'll have to bug him to look into it again.
    Do you know the name of the ones that you have?

03-08-14 01:00 PM
    I wish we could use it to make purchases in stores. Other than that I have little use for the NFC.
    Depending where you live, you can use NFC to pay for stuff.. Here in Canada with CIBC/Rogers you can tap to pay with NFC anywhere that visa/mastercard tay to pay is accepted

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 07:34 PM
    Do you know the name of the ones that you have?

I have these ones, but in black.. they're decent. Tho out of the pack of 10 there were two dead ones; couldn't write any data /erase/ read 2 of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AN9...UvbUpU10097985

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito likes this.
    03-08-14 07:37 PM
    Thats right, I forgot about that. Im in the US and no banks support Blackberry yet.
    03-08-14 10:11 PM
    I have these ones, but in black.. they're decent. Tho out of the pack of 10 there were two dead ones; couldn't write any data /erase/ read 2 of them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AN9...UvbUpU10099189

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I appreciate that.

Ordered for Amazon! Now wait!

03-09-14 09:00 AM