Updated link to newest patched apk! (Jan25 2014 release)

Thanks to moneytoo and atv_hightower for their informative posts, I got this working. Enjoy!

https://app.box.com/s/m98q3400tljot1fdeuxt
    Last edited by Sally Mack; 02-05-14 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Updated with new apk
    10-27-13 07:08 PM
    AWESOME!!!! good to see!
    10-27-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks.

I've been waiting for Glympse for my Blackberry Q10. It was one of the programs that I really missed after I upgraded from my Blackberry Bold 9700 to my Blackberry Q10.
    11-08-13 09:11 PM
    Has anyone on 10.2.1 gotten glympse to acquire a GPS signal? Everything works except it looks like it isn't acquiring a GPS signal and is instead really on cell tower location.
    11-26-13 07:55 PM
    updated with newest patched apk.
    jjfad likes this.
    01-27-14 09:49 PM
    updated with newest patched apk.
    Works flawselly on my lovely Q10, thanks for sharing this, Working glympse bar file-img_20140128_052806.png Working glympse bar file-img_20140128_052747.png
    01-27-14 10:31 PM
    I'm only able to send a Glympse via email. Mobile numbers are unsuccessful. Otherwise working well.
    01-31-14 11:45 PM
    I'm only able to send a Glympse via email. Mobile numbers are unsuccessful. Otherwise working well.
    Yeah... that's a limitation of the android runtime integration into BlackBerry. glympse tries to do everything in the background but can't execute properly.

If you select "messages ", then choose your recipient after, it'll work.
    rigo likes this.
    02-01-14 10:54 AM
    Yeah... that's a limitation of the android runtime integration into BlackBerry. glympse tries to do everything in the background but can't execute properly.

If you select "messages ", then choose your recipient after, it'll work.
    Are you saying that if I select messages then I will be able to send Glympses to mobile numbers? It still did not work for me, but I can live with just email for now. Do I need any other files installed for Glympse to work better?
    02-02-14 11:42 AM
    I downloaded Glympse from the Amazon appstore but I have not been able to send a glympse yet. When I select "send glympse" I get an error message that Glympse stopped working.

Are we not supposed to use the version in the appstore? Or has the one in this thread been modified to work with the BB10?
    02-05-14 12:53 PM
    I downloaded Glympse from the Amazon appstore but I have not been able to send a glympse yet. When I select "send glympse" I get an error message that Glympse stopped working.

Are we not supposed to use the version in the appstore? Or has the one in this thread been modified to work with the BB10?
    This version has been modified to work on bb10 since it relies on the Google play services framework. So download this copy and you'll be good .
    jjfad likes this.
    02-05-14 02:11 PM
    This version has been modified to work on bb10 since it relies on the Google play services framework. So download this copy and you'll be good .
    Great. Would it be possible to post the file again? I tried the link in your original post but it says the file has been removed.
    02-05-14 10:27 PM
    Great. Would it be possible to post the file again? I tried the link in your original post but it says the file has been removed.
    Original post updated
    shmittal likes this.
    02-05-14 11:30 PM
    Thanks Sally Mack. I realize that I should have removed the one I downloaded first before installing. It asked me to update when I "tapped" on your file in my downloads, so I assumed all was fine. But when I opened the app, it kept self-closing during "initalization". So I went to the Device Monitor and deleted the app and then went back to "tap that app". All is working fine now.

Come to think of it, I should trademark that saying. "Who wants to tap that APP".
    02-06-14 10:41 AM
    As a work around, I created [email protected] (as an example for AT&T carrier) to send text via email to phones.

Thanks a lot for making this to work. I did not like bbm integration as it needs bbm on the other side and you can't set location.
    02-18-14 06:50 PM
    Sorry to review this old thread but the version of Glympse that is downloaded from this thread doesn't seem to work very well compared to the old BAR file that was originally on this thread.

The APK file on this thread shows the route as dots instead of a straight line (I'm using a Blackberry Q10). I've also downloaded the latest APK file from the Google Play Store and I get similar results where my location will jump from 1 street to another street (going through buildings/sidewalks to get there).

Does anyone have the original BAR file that was posted in this thread.
    11-11-14 09:20 PM
    11-13-14 09:44 PM