I see that Vodafone UK has discontinued the Z 10?
    10-17-13 08:57 AM
    Where are we lookin'?
    10-17-13 09:21 AM
    If the phone is not meeting expectations why not?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    10-17-13 09:22 AM
    I am concerned if more carriers stop selling the z10 I won't be able to get official software updates even if BlackBerry release them. They need to provide updates directly.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:28 AM
    I am concerned if more carriers stop selling the z10 I won't be able to get official software updates even if BlackBerry release them. They need to provide updates directly.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good point...

If a carrier terminates a model from its line up do we still get updates?

Also on Vodafone UK

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 10:32 AM
    That's a good point...

If a carrier terminates a model from its line up do we still get updates?

Also on Vodafone UK

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so which is why I am concerned.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 02:45 PM
    Or worse still - of your z10 has a manufacturing defect, do they still find you a replacement Z10.

Mine seems to have a bit of a loose screen in the housing around the HDMI/USB port. It is probably nothing; but.....

Posted Using CB10 - Z10 "-2" on the Vodafone UK Network
    10-17-13 02:52 PM
    Normally carrier have to give support till end of warranty. No worry about this.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry does supply updates directly. Carriers test and approve updates but they come from BlackBerry servers. How do you think you can get ota updates without the sim even being activated. Or when you update using Link. Do you think then that it's coming from the carrier? Of course not. Even for legacy devices, there were different os versions for different carriers. God, even os6 devices still get support and incremental updates.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-17-13 04:06 PM
    Or worse still - of your z10 has a manufacturing defect, do they still find you a replacement Z10.

Mine seems to have a bit of a loose screen in the housing around the HDMI/USB port. It is probably nothing; but.....

I think they've got more than a few lying around! And if somehow they haven't, I'm sure BlackBerry has the odd one or two available for order. Rotfl!

10-17-13 04:08 PM
    BlackBerry does supply updates directly. Carriers test and approve updates but they come from BlackBerry servers. How do you think you can get ota updates without the sim even being activated. Or when you update using Link. Do you think then that it's coming from the carrier? Of course not. Even for legacy devices, there were different os versions for different carriers. God, even os6 devices still get support and incremental updates.

If that is the case why does it depend on your carrier sim to when you can download the update?
    10-18-13 12:30 AM
    It's BS that they would discontinue the phone......its still supported by Blackberry it should be supported by the carrier! I think we should pull all but one or two Galaxy devices....if the S4 is out, why still support the S3 and the S3 Mini? The Note III is out, why support the Note II? Hmmm.....the difference is, both the Z10 and Z30 are STILL new devices..not even a year old!
    10-18-13 12:58 AM

My Style still gets updates, its an os6.
    10-18-13 01:14 AM
    Sounds hopeful my z10 will still get updates even if Vodafone don't carry it anymore. I can't pretend I understand how the update process works with the carriers though.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 02:26 AM
    If that is the case why does it depend on your carrier sim to when you can download the update?
    It doesn't really. There is several ways updates are handled, the SIM is just the most commonly used one because...uhhh.. well.. people don't often take the SIM out of their devices really. Your device has the SIM method, the carrier ID method, updates can some through BlackBerry Link or you can essentially download any 'carrier' OS directly from BlackBerry servers through a number of unofficial tools available right here in the forums see: Sachesi. As stated previously, saying updates come solely from and are reliant upon carriers is a bit of half-truth.
    bobo616 and niss63 like this.
    10-18-13 02:37 AM
    It doesn't really. There is several ways updates are handled, the SIM is just the most commonly used one because...uhhh.. well.. people don't often take the SIM out of their devices really. Your device has the SIM method, the carrier ID method, updates can some through BlackBerry Link or you can essentially download any 'carrier' OS directly from BlackBerry servers through a number of unofficial tools available right here in the forums see: Sachesi. As stated previously, saying updates come solely from and are reliant upon carriers is a bit of half-truth.
    Thanks for taking the time try to explain this Bla1ze. Hopefully I will be able to get the official 10.2 soon via one of the update methods you mention.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 02:44 AM
    Vodafone are not that good in.suporting blackberry

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 02:53 AM
    When you update over WiFi, BlackBerry identifies what update you need based on model of phone ie. STL100-2 and also a carrier ID from the sim card. If you change sim, you may well get a different update.

10-18-13 03:21 AM
    My Style still gets updates, its an os6.
    Bingo

10-18-13 03:22 AM
    The upside is that prices for purchasing the Z10 sim free [unlocked] are at rock bottom , I bought one a few weeks ago in the UK for less than �230 [$350US], just put whatever sim in that gives you the best deal.
    10-18-13 03:44 AM
    Well having asked in the Twitter account, Vodafone said that if the phone is not repairable then they will replace it with a suitable alternative...

As long as it is a BlackBerry Z range device I will not quibble.

10-18-13 07:56 AM
    It's BS that they would discontinue the phone......its still supported by Blackberry it should be supported by the carrier! I think we should pull all but one or two Galaxy devices....if the S4 is out, why still support the S3 and the S3 Mini? The Note III is out, why support the Note II? Hmmm.....the difference is, both the Z10 and Z30 are STILL new devices..not even a year old!
    Because people are still buying those devices in quantity and apparently that isn't the case with the Z10. BlackBerry Isn't putting any effort into the phones or selling them so why should the carriers? I saw plenty of Samsung and Nokia advertising when I was in Germany in July and no BlackBerry advertising at all. All of the advertising done here in the US has been horrible and has done nothing to let people know that these new phones are totally different from BBOS devices.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 09:00 AM
    Still haven't seen a z10!

Met people using q5's and q10s though

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 09:17 AM