Folks,

I know there are a few of them out there. Carriers have them in testing, plus some media, and others may have devices. If you have a Z30 and you want (and are allowed) to tell us about it, please do so. Pictures and videos welcome. And if we can get a few Z30 testers to contribute here maybe we can have our members ask questions also?

Anyways I just wanted to get the ball rolling!
    09-18-13 12:37 PM
    Feel free to tell us about it even if you aren't allowed!
    09-18-13 12:52 PM
    I've had one for a while. Can't upload any pics or vid, but feel free to ask away.
    09-18-13 05:37 PM
    I've had one for a while. Can't upload any pics or vid, but feel free to ask away.
    1. Does the Z30 use Black Theme by default being equipped with a LED screen?
    2. How many speakers does the Z30 have and where are the placed (I can't see it from the official renderings)
    3. It sports a Qualcomm Chipset; does that mean it should share the same code base on STL2-4, SQNx and SQRx models?
    09-18-13 09:40 PM
    1. Does the Z30 use Black Theme by default being equipped with a LED screen?
    2. How many speakers does the Z30 have and where are the placed (I can't see it from the official renderings)
    3. It sports a Qualcomm Chipset; does that mean it should share the same code base on STL2-4, SQNx and SQRx models?
    1) The OS version I'm running does not contain the black theme
    2) Yes, it has amazing stereo speakers located at the very top and bottom at the backplate. BB was smart enough to put the slots on the curved edge so the allow sound to project slightly up and down as opposed to straight back (obviously not as good as the HTC One's front facing - but easily next best I've heard on a mobile device).
    3) Can't speak to any of that
    09-18-13 10:13 PM
    is bridge fixed???
    09-19-13 03:07 AM
    is bridge fixed???
    Sorry, I sadly haven't touched my PB in many months.
    The Z30 kinda makes it irrelevant anyway.
    LP_Rigg and anon(5061193) like this.
    09-19-13 09:09 AM
    1.Does usb otg only support fat32 or is ntfs / exfat included?

2.Whatever file systems it does support, can you transfer from the hardrive to the phone only (read) or can you also transfer from the phone to the hardrive (write) also?

3.Is Miracast ANd wifi direct supported?

4. Is there a FM radio tuner?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    09-19-13 12:02 PM
    Sorry one more question, is the back soldered on, or can the user get access to the battery with a little work and if you do know is there lot "stuff " one needs to be sure not to move out of place etc.. when one has access to the battery. Sorry for the bad phrasing of the question

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:06 PM
    There is a an un-boxing video out on youtube for the Z30, showing the back coming off (he had a bit of trouble, but it is removeable). This is where you can swap in/out the sim and memory cards.
    09-19-13 12:11 PM
    There is a an un-boxing video out on youtube for the Z30, showing the back coming off (he had a bit of trouble, but it is removeable). This is where you can swap in/out the sim and memory cards.
    Um under that, getting access to the battery..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:21 PM
    2.Whatever file systems it does support, can you transfer from the hardrive to the phone only (read) or can you also transfer from the phone to the hardrive (write) also?

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't aware the USB OTG was supported, so never tried. Via USB you can do anything currently possible on the Z10.

I do have both Mircast & Wi-Fi Direct as options in the OS, but have not used either (believe these are somewhat carrier dependent).

No FM tuner.
    sayf777 likes this.
    09-19-13 12:33 PM
    Sorry, I sadly haven't touched my PB in many months.
    The Z30 kinda makes it irrelevant anyway.
    No it doesn't. I'll need stronger reading glasses to compensate for the smaller screen.
    SEAWARRIOR and G-bone like this.
    09-19-13 12:37 PM
    You need to remove the back over to access the slots for SIM & MicroSD.

The fact that it was so difficult to get off is a good thing. One of the big complaints I had was how lose the back was. Appears as though they fixed that on the final production units.
    09-19-13 12:38 PM
    No it doesn't. I'll need stronger reading glasses to compensate for the smaller screen.
    I tend not to have that issue, as most of the things I read on the device are in the form of colorful moving pictures
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    09-19-13 12:46 PM
    Wasn't aware the USB OTG was supported, so never tried. Via USB you can do anything currently possible on the Z10.

I do have both Mircast & Wi-Fi Direct as options in the OS, but have not used either (believe these are somewhat carrier dependent).

No FM tuner.
    Thanks, q1 & 2 is with regards to usb otg, cannot test it on the z10 since it needs a - still unreleased - dock.

Miracast /wifi direct is carrier dependent, serious??

Thanks for the replies.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:52 PM
    I tend not to have that issue, as most of the things I read on the device are in the form of colorful moving pictures
    I've disliked the first time someone mentioned this phone being a pb replacement. No it isn't when you lose 2" of screen space. I wear reading glasses when using my PB but I'm off topic again.
    G-bone likes this.
    09-19-13 12:57 PM
    I have an early test version so if you have questions, I will answer what I'm allowed. And no, I don't have permission to post pics or vids

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:47 PM
    I have an early test version so if you have questions, I will answer what I'm allowed. And no, I don't have permission to post pics or vids

Posted via CB10
    Will you be able to answer the questions I posted above? (:

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:50 PM
    I don't understand. Are those even questions. And anything os specific is not much to talk about because it's similar to the leaks right now.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Q3 and Q4 have been answered I suppose.

Q1 and Q2 is with regards to USB otg and is hardware specific since all other BlackBerry 10 phones require a -as of now still unreleased - dock.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does yours look like the ones that have been shown with the screen and battery size stamped on the back inside the device. Do you use NFC? Is there really no coil on the back cover?

Trying to compare what some believe to be production units to test units. Hoping everything we've seen is preproduction/test/beta devices.
    09-19-13 02:32 PM
    I don't use nfc but it's there. Also, it's a test device so yes, it says that info

Posted via CB10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    09-19-13 02:49 PM
    I don't use nfc but it's there. Also, it's a test device so yes, it says that info

Posted via CB10
    Just to clarify, the NFC is on the removable back cover? We are having a debate in another thread and would like to clarify what we thought we weren't seeing.
    09-19-13 02:57 PM
    I don't know
    09-19-13 03:20 PM
428 123 ...