I am wishing to create a Powerpoint file in Docs To Go, but only have the option to create an XLS or a Word file. Any ideas why I cannot create a presentation file?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:08 AM
    I am wondering the same and I am saddened that they just implemented a viewer and basic editing tool instead of a whole PPT app.....

createPPT is working fine for me and it is free... BlackBerry World - CreatePPT - Office Helper Create PowerPoint Presentation

Soon there should be better apps out there...
    chris8189 likes this.
    06-06-13 03:20 PM
    This was was one of my complaints about the Docs to Go vs. Apple's iWork (see my post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rience-815163/).

Docs to go seems to be such a lame app. It is very basic and functions as well as a basic notepad and very basic spreadsheet app.

I didn't get too in depth with my review (especially regarding docs to go PPT), but I have multiple powerpoint presentations saved in keynote and I use keynote to present them (even comes with a built-in laser pointer). I can HDMI or Serial out from the device and present on an overhead projector or tv. It is really nice. Plus with my iPhone I can edit, add, make presentations and send them as powerpoint or keynote to others. I am thinking of going back to iPhone because of this and some other reasons.

Good luck.
    06-06-13 04:28 PM
    I just have to say, you folks are hardcore creating PPT on a mobile phone, I hate PPT even on a computer
    pgg101 likes this.
    06-06-13 04:33 PM
    Most of them are just text and headlines for short presentations you do while on the crapper just before another pointless meeting... This way you look important and others think you work extra hard...

Can someone translate that into Marketing?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:39 PM
    All the PPTs I deal with are insanely complex, so yeah different use policy
    06-06-13 05:56 PM
    We still have spreadsheets for that.....
    . And it is just amazing how much time you can spend on them to justify your teams being..... in pretty graphics and other stuff...... to get on track the "meeting room 4" PPT will suffice and then copy and paste the fancy stuff from the spreadsheets into proper PPTs......

Macros. Graphics and so many data points..... No phone can deal with that and touches things like that in a Touchscreen only device......I cannot find a metaphor which would fit to describe it....

Posted via CB10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    06-06-13 06:44 PM
    If you are just using text on your ppt slides, can't you open an existing file, write what you want on it, and save with a new name?

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-06-13 06:54 PM
    On the phone yeah...... but how do you get the slides working?

It would be embarrassing to just scroll around in a text document....

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:59 AM
    It doesn't work how I thought it did. You can edit slides, but you can't add or delete them.

06-07-13 01:53 AM
    That's the crux...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 01:54 AM
    Bah...

06-07-13 02:34 AM
    I cannot believe BlackBerry didn't implement the ability to create Powerpoint files in Docs to Go. That's terrible.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:39 PM
    Simple fix I've used for a while is to simply create a blank PPT on your computer and then copy it over to the device. Whenever you want to make a new PPT, just copy the file on the device to a new file and name it what you want, open it and edit away!

I actually keep a few of our templates like this so I can create my 'pages' in a presentation on the fly and then email it to someone who's putting the whole thing together. Works well enough for that task...
    chris8189 and Warlack like this.
    06-08-13 04:47 PM
    Stupid of me that I never thought of that

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 08:45 AM
    Simple fix I've used for a while is to simply create a blank PPT on your computer and then copy it over to the device. Whenever you want to make a new PPT, just copy the file on the device to a new file and name it what you want, open it and edit away!

I actually keep a few of our templates like this so I can create my 'pages' in a presentation on the fly and then email it to someone who's putting the whole thing together. Works well enough for that task...
    Bit of a pain in the a** to do, but it's a good idea nonetheless. Thanks for that.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:23 PM
    Bro use BlackBerry express u'll be amazed
    09-27-15 07:47 PM
    Use BlackBerry built BlackBerry express amigo
    09-27-15 07:49 PM