I just received this from my Yahoo Alerts so here you go.

BBC News - Blackberry 10: Thorsten Heins's plan to revive RIM

26 October 2012 Last updated at 00:59 ET
    Help

Research in Motion chief executive Thorsten Heins took up his post in January, with many analysts thinking he had been given an impossible task - to revive the fortunes of the Blackberry mobile phone.

Touch-controlled handsets running on Apple and Android operating systems have quickly eroded the Blackberry's market share in the past few years.

Rory Cellan-Jones was given a tour by Mr Heins of Blackberry's latest operating system, Blackberry 10.

To be delivered to market next year, developers are being allowed access to it to create content.

Mr Heins explained why he thinks it has the power to revive his company's ailing fortunes.
    Superfly_FR, mud314, sugbo and 2 others like this.
    10-26-12 01:49 AM
    Thanks for sharing.
    10-26-12 01:59 AM
    Heins seemed a little more...stoic than usual. Not sure what, if anything, that means.
    10-26-12 02:36 AM
    The guy looks really beat. Luckily he didn't get asked any real hard questions.
    10-26-12 02:51 AM
    The guy looks really beat. Luckily he didn't get asked any real hard questions.
    There is a raft of interviews appearing with key figures at the same time - for all we know that is the tenth one he's given on that day.
    10-26-12 03:35 AM
    wow!!! RIM on BBC news, now that's a pleasent surprise. RIM don't even get mentioned when talking about smartphones normally as if they dont exist....its always android ios and windows...
    10-26-12 04:06 AM
    I thought this was a really dower interview. I don't know if its all the travelling or not but I agree he looks a bit brow but beaten. I would have thought, all interviews would be with a backdrop of all things good and so far revealed. If I wasn't an avid CrackBerry follower I wouldn't learn of anything positive regarding RIM and I hope that the sooner we get to release date they start to develop more positive and upbeat media to put a real push into BB10 in the coming months
    Last edited by DiggerB9; 10-26-12 at 08:04 AM. Reason: I've lost the ability to type and spell properly
    10-26-12 08:02 AM
    Thorsten kicking some keep up the good work
    10-26-12 08:17 AM
    When they talk about people "leaving BlackBerry" they seem to forget something important: human nature. Android and iOS aren't perfect by any means, and there's the "grass is always greener" effect. If people can "leave" BlackBerry to go to Android or iOS, then leave to go to iOS or Android, those same users can get bored with Android / iOS and see BB10 (and Windows Phone 8) as an alternative to try for their next device. This isn't "done" by a long shot.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 10-26-12 at 09:09 AM.
    pmccartney, Outrunner and Dapper37 like this.
    10-26-12 08:28 AM
    Something about Rory, he is a Apple fan boy. Why he uses an iphone/ipad and macpro, in previous interviews he has always dis the blackberry product line... That's why he comes over as snotty, he just doesn't like BB...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-26-12 09:48 AM
    Couple of comments on the video.
    Firstly, his facial expressions are priceless. When the interviewer brings up BB10 being to late and the NYT article, made me laugh the way he starred so blankly back at him.
    But also on BB10 being late, why does everyone always say, everyone will have moved on already and have bought a new smartphone. Why d people treat this like nobody is ever going to buy another smartphone(or mobile computing platform as RIM is liking to call it) in the new year?
    And in response the the NYT article Mr. Heins mentioned 80 million "loyal" Blackberry users. Yes we do have 80 million users, but how many of those 80 million do you think are actually loyal? Almost everyone on my BBM list is frustrated with with Blackberry. I am a loyal blackberry user and will have BB10 the first day, how many of those 80 million does everyone think will be upgrading to BB10?
    10-26-12 10:40 AM
    Personally I thought Mr Heins looKed a little weary. This campaign of constantly defending BlackBerry and promoting BB10 agianst a constant barrage of negativity must be exacting its toll. Hang in there Thorsten,we loyal Crackberries are with you all the way to BB10 release day.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-26-12 03:33 PM
    how many of those 80 million does everyone think will be upgrading to BB10?
    I can't even begin to estimate. I suspect that whatever that number is, it will be dwarfed by the millions of new users that will undoubtedly make the switch to BlackBerry 10.

Love it or hate it, BB10 changes the game and sets a new standard for mobile computing.
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    10-26-12 03:58 PM
    RIM desperately need a release date for BB10
    10-26-12 04:06 PM
    RIM desperately need a release date for BB10
    Completely agree.. They might have one internally.. They haven't just released it out yet... But they need to do that and be on their toes.. This is their last chance...
    10-26-12 07:17 PM
    Something about Rory, he is a Apple fan boy. Why he uses an iphone/ipad and macpro, in previous interviews he has always dis the blackberry product line... That's why he comes over as snotty, he just doesn't like BB...
    Yes which is why after the interview he said:

it looked pretty smart - love the wipe through half reveal "peak" - but that was watching a demo, not testing it myself
    That sounds like a fanboy to me!
    10-26-12 07:22 PM
    Love it or hate it, BB10 changes the game and sets a new standard for mobile computing.
    this

Funny, this is not about playing catch up, or even just rivaling other platforms. If it was then RIM would just polish up 0S-7, give it a fast browser and a touch screen, and call it a day. No, this goes way beyond that. QNX and BB-10 is the future in mobile computing for the next ten years. Its a 'Game Changer'. Thorsten Heinz said it months ago. So did Samsung's lawyers when they were battling it out in court with Apple. The 'QNX' platform, 'Peek and Flow', 'Swift Key', 'The Cascades Paridigm', 'Time Shift', and a host of other neat features incorporated into OS-10 changes the game for smart phones. Blackberry is not into the "me too" business. They dont just follow along, they innovate, and they've dumped millions into their new platform to show it. They dont have to launch out of the gate as a raging success either. Just give it a little bit of time and the world will see.
    Last edited by Wino Ryder; 10-27-12 at 07:38 AM.
    10-26-12 08:57 PM
    Am I the only one that can't watch the video and gets an error?
    10-26-12 09:48 PM
    I'm sooo excited! I want the bb10!
    10-27-12 01:34 AM
    This is a highly possible future reality that most people are not ready to accept yet, not even close.
    RIM has to deliver BB10 until then the media says what it wants.
    TH, looked bagged in that interview. I'm sure he could use a rest. I don't expect we'll see him look that bad again, it was to noticeable
    this

Funny, this is not about playing catch up, or even just rivaling other platforms. If it was then RIM would just polish up 0S-7, give it a fast browser and a touch screen, and call it a day. No, this goes way beyond that. QNX and BB-10 is the future in mobile computing for the next ten years. Its a 'Game Changer'. Thorsten Heinz said it months ago. So did Samsung's lawyers when they were battling it out in court with Apple. The 'QNX' platform, 'Peek and Flow', 'Swift Key', 'Time Shift', and a host of other neat features incorporated into OS-10 changes the game for smart phones. Blackberry is not into the "me too" business. They dont just follow along, they innovate, and they've dumped millions into their new platform to show it. They dont have to launch out of the gate as a raging success either. Just give it a little bit of time and the world will see.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 10-27-12 at 04:45 AM.
    10-27-12 04:34 AM
    I still remember that article Mike gave to bbc in 2011 where he rudely walked out...at least I think it was bbc...
    10-27-12 02:14 PM
    I still remember that article Mike gave to bbc in 2011 where he rudely walked out...at least I think it was bbc...
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    10-28-12 09:26 AM
    The CBC video won't even play for me. Stops half way through the ad and... That's it.
    10-28-12 07:20 PM