I have the Blackberry pearl 3g - 9100. Over the last week or so I had problems with the phone. Firstly the tracker pad stopped working last week. All other buttons worked fine but the tracker pad would not let me move the cursor to select any applications. After a few reboots it seemed to fix the problem. Then on Friday my phone would freeze for about 10 seconds and just start rebooting my itself.

Basically the phone will load up fine. The tracker pad is fine to move around, but as soon as I select an application by pressing it, the phone freezes for about 5-10 seconds, switches off and reboots. It does this every time I try it now.

At first it only happened once or twice in on Friday morning, but now my phone is completely unusable. Unfortunately it is 13 months old and just out of the warranty � and I didn�t take out any extra insurance.

I have tried the following:

Resetting the phone by removing the battery and sim card � phone worked for about 15 minutes before reverting back to rebooting.
    Upgrading to the latest software � no change
    Deleting all info on the sd card in the phone � no change.
    Connecting the phone to the laptop and deleting every application on the phone and again resetting. The phone seemed to work, but so the problem did not come back I checked a few more methods and did a complete security wipe of the phone deleting absolutely everything (you know when you type in �blackberry� as a password to wipe it).

Success I thought, the phone worked for about 30 minutes, I managed to set up wifi and emails again but then had the same problem. I pushed the camera option and the phone rest. Whenever I now push the tracker pad button it again resets and is unusable.

Aside from sending it in to get it fixed does anyone else have any other methods? Have I missed something?

I would imagine the problem is likely related to software since it does work sometimes and still maintains the majority of its functions � although I am no expert.

Any advice would be greatly received!

Cheers in advance
    06-18-12 08:17 AM
    worst forum ever, thanks for your help/suggestions.

byeeee
    06-28-12 06:58 AM
    Sorry it's a busy forum and think your post got buried. Sounds like you've tried everything. Did you restore everything or use it for awhile before restoring anything?

Edit: have you tried a new battery?
    06-28-12 07:41 AM
    I had a problem like that with a theme from App World. Kept killing my phone until I deleted it.
    06-28-12 05:59 PM
    What OS version are you using? Perhaps downgrading to OS5 will solve your issues.
    07-05-12 03:41 PM
    Try booting your phone to Safe Mode. Do this by rebooting the phone and holding down the <Escape> key down. <Escape> is the key to the right of the trackpad.

This boots the phone with no 3rd party apps, just the BlackBerry OS. This will show if the problem lies with the phone or with one or more apps that you installed.

From there we can help you to fix the problem.

If you still do not get a reply, please PM me.
    07-05-12 03:49 PM
    What I would suggest you do from my experience...

Hook your BB up, wipe it, then install OS 5/6.
    After that, set up your email and use it as is. If it doesn't reboot, GREAT.

Now... install one app every 2 hours or so and see which one causes the phone to stop responding.
    If you install an app and 30 minutes later, the problem starts... then you know what's causing it.
    Reboot it and uninstall the app and see how it goes from there.

You are welcome to PM me if needed. I have extensive experience with various blackberries, except the 9100. I will be receiving mine soon.
    07-10-12 06:21 PM
    Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday Was rebooting incessantly leaving my phone completely unusable. Then I remembered the only thing I had done all day was update App World. All this did was change the name to Blackberry World. I deleted the entire app and, so far at least, the problem seems to have been solved!
    02-23-13 05:38 AM
    my Pearl start rebooting after i move some data to my laptop using my data cable, it's been an hour and keep rebooting, i,ve try to holding the escape key down, but nothing happen
    09-27-15 08:26 AM
    i have 2 battery, its low bat when my Pearl keep rebooting, so i change the battery to the full one, and still rebooting
    09-27-15 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD