i took advantage of the shop blackberry $299 sale and purchased a 64 gb PB this week. PB arrives 2 days ago and i noticed that the rubber seal at the edge of the bezel is slightly raised. At first I thought that it actually provides a little better grip compared to the 16 gb PB i just returned and which had a flush seal. But now i am wondering if it could be a problem in the future and am trying to decide if i should exchange it.

what do you think? anyone have this problem? if so what did you do?

thanks.
    01-07-12 08:59 PM
    The outer rubber has always been raised.. Wait.. do you mean like, when you place the device face down, the screen won't touch the floor?
    01-07-12 09:05 PM
    The outer rubber has always been raised.. Wait.. do you mean like, when you place the device face down, the screen won't touch the floor?
    it is not the outer most portion of the PB but actually the seal that is surrounds the screen. It is difficult to tell, but if placed face down the screen might be slightly above the surface.
    01-07-12 09:11 PM
    My rubber is raised above the screen. I assumed it was designed that way to prevent the glass from touching the surface when placed face down.
    01-07-12 09:23 PM
    Have 2 64GBs and they both have a slight raise in the rubber... in fact I only noticed it after sliding it into my new folio case and it scraped the rubber.
    01-07-12 09:30 PM
    Mine has always been raised. Never thought anything of it.
    01-07-12 09:32 PM
    Yesterday I accidentally bumped my 64 GB Playbook and it fell two feet to the ground, landing face down on hard tile. Thank goodness for that lip around the screen.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-07-12 09:35 PM
    thanks for all the replies so far. just want to make sure thatthis is normal.
    01-07-12 09:41 PM
    my 16gb has the rubber seal raised as well. mine has some blue sealant or something showing at a couple spots as well which is strange.
    01-07-12 09:57 PM
    Yep, my 16gb PB with date of 08-04-11 (April 4, 2011) on box has raised rubber seal around the glass as have all others I have seen to date, seems perfectly normal to me.
    01-07-12 11:52 PM
    my 32gb playbook also has a raised shield
    01-07-12 11:53 PM
    i took advantage of the shop blackberry $299 sale and purchased a 64 gb PB this week. PB arrives 2 days ago and i noticed that the rubber seal at the edge of the bezel is slightly raised. At first I thought that it actually provides a little better grip compared to the 16 gb PB i just returned and which had a flush seal. But now i am wondering if it could be a problem in the future and am trying to decide if i should exchange it.

what do you think? anyone have this problem? if so what did you do?

thanks.
    It's like that by design, nothing to worry about at all. You should worry if it's not raised. The raised plastic lip helps protect the screen when when the Playbook is laying face down.
    nogutsnoglory likes this.
    01-07-12 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD