hi i am trying to unlock my blackberry bold 9000 so i researched on the internet for two days and i have found out how to obtain my MEP through the engineer screen. i have copied my results:
    in bold is the MEP shown. i believe its truncated but it is there.
    Code:
    From Reset: 51893t@128tps=00:06::45 
    Device Secure: Yes 
    Rom Version: ROM_TAVOR_CERBERUS_H Chip 
    Type: TAVORB2_CHIP 
    HWID = 0x84000e07 
    Network = UMTS Form
    Factor = 0xE 
    BandType = Extended 
    Vendor ID: 102 
    Device Capabilities 
    USB 
    Built in headset 
    Removable battery 
    GPS 
    Loud Audio 
    Bluetooth 
    TriColour 
    LED 
    Network time 
    Headset detection 
    Light sensor 
    OTA Update 
    Trackball 
    SDCard 
    Hot swappable SDCard 
    Camera 
    WLAN radio Bands 900 1800 1900 850 
    SW Parts List HWV-13901-005-3 
    ASY-12591-065 359614024017696 
    SWM-22444-001 
    MEP-04598-005 
    VSM-18868-002 
    CFG-10996-040 
    SVP-17970-001 
    SVP-17969-001 
    SFI-17798-074 
    APP-22520-004 
    PRD-18172-103
    i have entered the MEP as shown (numbers only) and it gave me a code error! somehow it wont let me unlock it even with a correct MEP. at least its what the device is telling me. i also found out that the MEP is carrier specific and not for every handset. its branded with at&t and the MEP that floats around the internet (MEP list) shows the same for at&t which i came across after going through the hassle of cracking the escreen code for my phone myself lol.

anyway............ i am very frustrated that i wasnt able to unlock my phone. i had 10 tries remaining the first time i have made the screen come up on me to enter the MEP code, this phone is a second hand phone. idk if the previous owner have tried unlocking it, but it should have more than that (by the hundreds). having it said that ive attempted to unlock i am now left with 6 tries. i tried a combination of having an at&t simcard and a tmobile simcard in both with radio on and off

will someone shed me some light on WHY my device refuses to get unlocked. any insight would help.
    09-20-11 10:52 PM
    Hi, You Blackberry is not unlocking because you are using the MEP ID instead of using the unique unlock code for your Blackberry.

I hope that you are smart to keep the 6 tries that you have left with if you don't want to hard lock your Blackberry device then don't play with those things...

Blackberry unlocking is not something you can do like that, the MEP you are using is the MEP ID (also called MEP Number) of your Blackberry device.

And you are right, the MEP numbers are used per-carrier and model. some carriers are using more MEP ID numbers and some are using less.. (by multiple numbers), mostly it's device specific.. for example the new BOLD 9900 is using a new T-Mobile MEP and not all the unlocking providers support it yet...

The Unlock code is unique for each device and you can't use one unlocking code that works for one blackberry on another.

Unlocking a Blackberry is done by using this MEP number and your IMEI, but to get it done right you will need to use Blackberry unlocking service to get the right code that will unlock your Blackberry device.

It's a bit confusing, i know... when you enter the MEPD screen (from the SIM card menu on your Blackberry) you can see that there are a few lines there, most carriers are using the MEP2 Unlocking, you can find it as a "Network" key on your device and if it's the one that is active the MEP2 unlock code that is calculated will be the one to unlock this security lock (SIM lock).

Basically there are a few unlock codes and there are a few ways to lock the device...
    you can read about it here: Blackberry unlock codes
    So Please, use a service / professional for Blackberry unlocking to get the job done right.. the great thing about it is that you have support and if something isn't right you can ask for help instead of taking a risk with your new Blackberry.
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 09-20-11 at 11:37 PM.
    09-20-11 11:31 PM
    You need a mep2 to unlock this device. It's a at&t 9000 correct?
    09-21-11 11:19 AM
    I used the find the mep reader tool at unlockworldwide.com and gave them the mep number. My phone was locked on Orange UK and the first unlock code I received was incorrect. With the mep I received the correct unlock code. This was good as I only had 3 attempts to enter network mep left.
    10-02-11 04:19 PM
    Orange locks their same models with different meps at times.
    10-03-11 10:23 AM
    hi I need the MEP code for blackberry 9900 to unlocked my phone...IMEI:357966047771507
    01-15-18 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD