This was a response on a thread I started on the Blackberry beta Forums.

Hello,

A new post has been added to the "A Note to RIM." message thread.

Howdy!

This is the nice part about the PlayBook: we have a clean slate (no pun instended!). The company has a fresh, capable platform to deliver whatever you want, and you have the opportunity to tell us exactly what you want and how you want it to work. The caveat is these things take time to build.

Bluetooth stereo and protected media are on the roadmap. I can't help with Citrix, since they own their app. I'm sure they are open to the feedback though, especially since the app isn't released yet.

Regarding two OSs for Enterprise and Consumer: this is sortof what we're doing. With BlackBerry Balance, we're cutting the OS into two perimeters: one for personal and one for enterprise. If you ever want to bring your PlayBook to work, it'll be ready to go, keeping your IT group happy and keeping your personal information private. In my opinion, it is quicker, cheaper, and more efficient to develop one OS with a full feature set than to split it down into two (also, as end users, I think we've all had regrets about having Windows Home vs Pro/Business/Premium at one time or another).

To this point, we've updated the tablet every month since its release - and they haven't been small, basic upgrades! With OS 2.0 on the horizon, you can begin to get excited about a release with lots of satisfying features -- features that this community have influenced and that I know you'll enjoy. Over the next while we're going to take the PlayBook to a whole new level, and then raise it again and again with updates packed with features and feature improvements.

You made the right choice with BlackBerry.

John

To access this message thread please click here: https://www.blackberry.com/beta/threads/view/5680.

If you feel you have received this email by mistake, please contact: [email protected]

Thank you.
    BlackBerry� Beta Zone Administrator
    mandony, f1mx, FMB8900 and 40 others like this.
    09-19-11 10:41 AM
    Thanks! I enjoyed that, bro.
    mandony likes this.
    09-19-11 10:48 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait for 2.0. I already love the PB and it's only going to get better!
    09-19-11 10:50 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait for 2.0. I already love the PB and it's only going to get better!

How I feel exactly.

I really hope the Bluetooth audio support is coming with 2.0, It's one of those things I've gotten used to over the years.
    09-19-11 10:57 AM
    Well that is a great response. lets keep the positive spin of the Playbook going before the haters have a chance to gain anything.
    mandony likes this.
    09-19-11 10:59 AM
    Let's hope silverlight is a part of the "satisfying features"

It would clearly make my pb a business workhorse! (For me anyway)

Thanks for the post OP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 11:06 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate the Playbook into my daily work life... so any upgrades are sure to help. Nice read. Thanks!
    claffeeba likes this.
    09-19-11 11:14 AM
    nice to see some official mention of os2 aswell, despite the flashbacks the name conjours up

thanks for sharing, certainly good news
    09-19-11 11:34 AM
    It humbles me that they put this up. I'm super stoked for 2.0, although I must say when I was listening to the conference call I was PRAYING my *** off that they would give me a solid date that would be in september(My hopes were way to high lol) I've been a little down lately with all the hate. But haters gunna hate. And this is exactly what I need for a pick me up. Thanks for the post!

09-19-11 11:35 AM
    But... how can this be? I thought RIM didn't communicate?
    Thanks for sharing - how did they contact you? PM in crackberry?
    09-19-11 11:43 AM
    (Re. To this point, we've updated the tablet every month since its release - and they haven't been small, basic upgrades!)... So it means we should expect a new update before the end of the month (at least a small one)?
    KQ9 likes this.
    09-19-11 11:45 AM
    But... how can this be? I thought RIM didn't communicate?
    Thanks for sharing - how did they contact you? PM in crackberry?
    They Didn't reply to me....I Started a Thread on the Beta Community, every time someone responds you get an e-mail....in this case I was surprised that someone fro RIM responded. I Just copied what was on the e-mail and pasted it here for our joy, there's a link included there, you can follow it.
    09-19-11 11:49 AM
    Thanks OP. reassures me that it will get "sweet" sooner or later.
    09-19-11 11:56 AM
    (Re. To this point, we've updated the tablet every month since its release - and they haven't been small, basic upgrades!)... So it means we should expect a new update before the end of the month (at least a small one)?
    If my calculations are correct, tomorrow (tonight at midnight PST) is 4 weeks from the last update. We got a Bridge update in the middle of last week and Playbook updates usually follow Bridge updates.

Please note that this is just a guess on my part and I did not create a new topic to speculate on a guess. Let's see a new topic only if/when there is more concrete evidence.
    09-19-11 12:00 PM
    (Re. To this point, .. So it means we should expect a new update before the end of the month
    I believe the last five OS updates were on
    5/2/2011
    6/11
    6/20
    7/19
    8/25

From these dates it might seem the next update will come late September, I doubt it. At last week's RIM press conferences, they said major updates (OS2) would be 'announced' at the October DEVCON, and released 'later'. IMO, OS2 will be released the last week of October or early November. However, there might be a small incremental update before.
    Last edited by mandony; 09-19-11 at 12:04 PM.
    kiddu and teamfoster03 like this.
    09-19-11 12:01 PM
    this was a response on a thread i started on the blackberry beta forums.

Hello,

a new post has been added to the "a note to rim." message thread.

Howdy!

This is the nice part about the playbook: We have a clean slate (no pun instended!). The company has a fresh, capable platform to deliver whatever you want, and you have the opportunity to tell us exactly what you want and how you want it to work. The caveat is these things take time to build.

Bluetooth stereo and protected media are on the roadmap. I can't help with citrix, since they own their app. I'm sure they are open to the feedback though, especially since the app isn't released yet.

Regarding two oss for enterprise and consumer: This is sortof what we're doing. With blackberry balance, we're cutting the os into two perimeters: One for personal and one for enterprise. If you ever want to bring your playbook to work, it'll be ready to go, keeping your it group happy and keeping your personal information private. In my opinion, it is quicker, cheaper, and more efficient to develop one os with a full feature set than to split it down into two (also, as end users, i think we've all had regrets about having windows home vs pro/business/premium at one time or another).

To this point, we've updated the tablet every month since its release - and they haven't been small, basic upgrades! With os 2.0 on the horizon, you can begin to get excited about a release with lots of satisfying features -- features that this community have influenced and that i know you'll enjoy. Over the next while we're going to take the playbook to a whole new level, and then raise it again and again with updates packed with features and feature improvements.

You made the right choice with blackberry.

John

to access this message thread please click here: https://www.blackberry.com/beta/threads/view/5680.

If you feel you have received this email by mistake, please contact: [email protected]

thank you.
    Blackberry� beta zone administrator
    amen amen amen!!!!!!!!!!
    09-19-11 12:24 PM
    The Project Manager for Playbook has been fairly vocal on the forum at blackberry beta. It's good to see what they are listening.
    09-19-11 12:26 PM
    No...that means up until NOW updates have come every month...after NOW its anyone's guess

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-19-11 12:31 PM
    Well, originally I think we were suppose to get Native email in September and 2.0 in October. It looks like they decided to put 2.0 and Native email together into a major release. So, I doubt we see anything this month.
    09-19-11 12:45 PM
    An update of some kind this month would be a very reassuring event...but I'm now an OS 2 believer....very excited to see what arrives in October.
    09-19-11 01:41 PM
    An update of some kind this month would be a very reassuring event...but I'm now an OS 2 believer....very excited to see what arrives in October.
    They've never said October, only "after devcon". That could be late October, November, December or later!
    09-19-11 03:25 PM
    They've never said October, only "after devcon". That could be late October, November, December or later!
    I went back and reread the transcript of the earnings call. I THINK that RIM was talking about OS2.0 coming out in the current fiscal quarter although an argument could be made otherwise. If this is right then that means that it would be released before the end of November.
    09-19-11 03:29 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. I love my Playbook but have worried about RIM's commitment to it. This makes me feel so much better.

09-19-11 03:47 PM
    Posts like these are Crackberry's bread and butter. Keep the good news and good karma coming people.
    danimalchil and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-19-11 05:05 PM
    I'm trying to register on that site but We're sorry, the application form is not yet available for your country.*We are adding new country locations over time. Please be patient as we continue to expand across the globe...

Anyway, thanks for the info...
    09-19-11 05:40 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD