Hey all!

Recently, the USB port in my Blackberry Style broke. The phone was less than a year old, so Sprint replaced it. Unfortunately, I never backed up my contacts on my computer from my old device. I decided to try to transfer my contacts from phone to phone via Bluetooth, since I had done this successfully with my 8830 which also ended up with a broken USB port. Initially everything seemed fine- the phones synced up, the transfer was accepted and completed- my phonebook file was 121 kb and my old phone confirmed all 175 contacts had been transferred- but when I opened the file, only the first entry from my contacts was shown on the screen. I tried the transfer several times, after hard reboots to both phones- same result. I tried working with the Bluetooth setting to "selected" contacts so that I could maybe transfer it in batches, but that only yielded the same results.

I took it to the Sprint store, where I was told Blackberry's do not transfer contacts via Bluetooth. After I showed them that they clearly do, I was told they don't know anything about Bluetooth and could not help me because my USB port was damaged. So, back to sqaure one. I remembered that on my 8830 my phonebook gave me the option of saving my contacts to either the device or SIM card, so I went into my old phone phone to see if that was an option but could find no way to specify where my contact numbers were stored. I even tried downloading the Desktop manager to see if I could load my contacts via Bluetooth to my computer, but I could find no way to do so, and instead was prompted to connect my device in order to update and download files. At this point, I'm at a loss. I would just bite the bullet and key in all 175 contacts by hand, but there are tons of saved messages on my old device I would like to keep. Any ideas, Crackberry? Am I missing something obvious?
    09-09-11 08:30 PM
    Download Device Switch from BBW. You can use it to transfer files, etc. to another phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-20 09:47 PM
    Download Device Switch from BBW. You can use it to transfer files, etc. to another phone.

Posted via CB10
    What ?!? You just answered 9 year old post....
    09-21-20 09:48 PM
    Lol. Nothing like brining things back from the dead.
    09-21-20 09:53 PM
    Lol. Nothing like brining things back from the dead.
    X3 -

1) Thread
    2) BBOS device
    3) Sprint
    09-21-20 09:56 PM
    So, does anyone else have Bluetooth issues? It may take several years to get a response but “better late than never”.
    Boy, I wonder what happened to OP??
    09-22-20 06:45 AM
    So, does anyone else have Bluetooth issues? It may take several years to get a response but “better late than never”.
    Boy, I wonder what happened to OP??
    No,but I used to get terrible nappy rash,49 years ago..

Posted via CB10
    09-22-20 07:34 AM
    No,but I used to get terrible nappy rash,49 years ago..

Posted via CB10
    LMAO
    09-22-20 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD