Desktop Manager is telling me this version is available to download/install yet I've not seen any word of it anywhere... Anyone tried it in the last couple of days? Reports?

TIA,
    CB
    zocster, 69goat and BlackScorpion3 like this.
    07-28-11 07:09 AM
    Hi, can you tell me what carrier you're with? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 07:34 AM
    Nope, not heard of that one.

T-Mobile's official download site is still showing .570 as their latest OS.

Install it and you give us a report

07-28-11 07:34 AM
    Hi, can you tell me what carrier you're with?
    T-Mobile UK

I'll install it this evening as I need my BB up and running until then. Will report back later tonight.

CB
    07-28-11 07:53 AM
    Thanks, would be nice if we can get a phone dump until we get the real mccoy

07-28-11 07:55 AM
    I'm not doubting you CB, but if this is true then it's a huge surprise to me.

T-Mobile UK are usually painfully slow with OS updates for ANY device, so for them to officially release a previously unleaked version before anyone else is a major first.

Look forward to your report later...

07-28-11 08:01 AM
    This was spotted on onyx earlier this week

ychoa likes this.
    07-28-11 08:18 AM
    Attached a screengrab for any doubters...

CB
    07-28-11 09:10 AM
    download link plz lolz
    07-28-11 09:35 AM
    Read above guys. No link yet. Will download later and see what can be done.

CB
    07-28-11 09:51 AM
    There is no link, as it's not available to download yet.

This is an OTA software update that's currently only available to T-Mobile UK users.

07-28-11 09:52 AM
    here is the website where you can check blackberry firmwares on different carriers from different countries

LINK HERE
    07-28-11 10:49 AM
    I think thats what I have just done?
    I dont understand all the terms on here but downloaded that last couple of days but im on O2 UK.

If its what your saying its cool except ive lost the ability to "shorcut" to apps from my keyboard (l+lock D= notepad etc) also cant do that alt lglg thingy either!!
    07-28-11 11:24 AM
    Is there any difference from .600
    Or
    Just carrier customization and minor here and there bug fixes.

rim might be under very tight schedule for getting new os7 out.
    It's really difficult to produce a build for old 9780

07-28-11 02:01 PM
    I think thats what I have just done?
    I dont understand all the terms on here but downloaded that last couple of days but im on O2 UK.

If its what your saying its cool except ive lost the ability to "shorcut" to apps from my keyboard (l+lock D= notepad etc) also cant do that alt lglg thingy either!!
    If you press Alt + Right Shift + H from your home screen, I think you'll find you updated to .600 and not .638

Also, if you go back to the default theme and enable Application Shortcuts, your 'alt lglg' thingy will return

07-28-11 02:27 PM
    we need someone with a T-Mobile number to login to their site, download it, then upload it to a 3rd party file server
    It's an OTA update, there are no passwords or downloads involved. The new OS is installed directly onto your phone via DM.

Until it's available for public download, the only way we can benefit is if someone phone dumps and uploads the cods for us to use.

07-28-11 03:03 PM
    Once in a while the 9780 gets updated first, as it should be, and is not public to everyone. I bet you the 9700 will get updated first. Can someone with a bit of marvel Upload the cods on a public server please?
    We always have to hussle to get an updated when this device was supposed to be the first on the attention list and not vice versa..what a joke.
    RIM as always you pi*ss the sh*t out of me!

07-28-11 03:24 PM
    Have now installed the updated - see attached screenshot. Pretty sure that someone in RIM or T-Mobile has pushed the wrong buttons accidentally as the download came with RIM's Quincy and battery logging apps installed - am removing them with BBSAK right now.

Nothing much to report yet except that it installs with BBM 5.0.2.12 so will need to re-upgrade to BBM6. Will report further in due course.

CB
    07-28-11 03:38 PM
    [QUOTE=CelticBerry;6520674]Have now installed the updated - see attached screenshot. Pretty sure that someone in RIM or T-Mobile has pushed the wrong buttons accidentally as the download came with RIM's Quincy and battery logging apps installed - am removing them with BBSAK right now.

Nothing much to report yet except that it installs with BBM 5.0.2.12 so will need to re-upgrade to BBM6. Will report further in due course.

CB[/QUOTE

CB would you please extract the CODs and Upload them somewhere in a flieserve i will then tell you impression on this New O.S. Even though I can't really complaining since I'm running a breed with .615/277 from O.S. whichs rock
    If you can upload the .638 CODs the programmer will make simply a bomb

07-28-11 04:05 PM
    CB would you please extract the CODs and Upload them somewhere in a flieserve i will then tell you impression on this New O.S. Even though I can't really complaining since I'm running a breed with .615/277 from O.S. whichs rock
    I'm happy to zip up all the .638 CODs and post for anyone that wants to create a new version. But would rather offer to all.

If you can upload the .638 CODs the programmer will make simply a bomb
    Meaning what?

CB
    07-28-11 04:20 PM
    I'm happy to zip up all the .638 CODs and post for anyone that wants to create a new version. But would rather offer to all.

Meaning what?

CB
    What I meant was for you to zip and simply share/uplaod the cods so that the
    guy who mades really perfect hybrid can do the rest. Know what I mean?
    Obviously if that ain't to hussle for you mate.
    And of course you should upload them where anyone can grab them. 190/210 MB will only take few minutes to upload.

Cheers

A.I.

07-28-11 04:31 PM
    If someone that downloads this wants to help get it out to others (since the .exe is still not available), this is how:

To get the whole DM update:
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    - highlight CDMA and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload
    69goat likes this.
    07-28-11 04:39 PM
    Im on t mobile and still waiting for this update
    07-28-11 04:50 PM
    Im on t mobile and still waiting for this update
    T-Mobile UK one?
    07-28-11 04:52 PM
    If someone that downloads this wants to help get it out to others (since the .exe is still not available), this is how:

To get the whole DM update:
    - Go To your "Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\Loader Cache" folder
    - highlight CDMA and Java folder (aswell as any .alx files or other files in that folder)
    - Right click and add them to a .zip/rar file
    - Upload
    This is GSM soooo.. it'll be UMTS and Java nice to see you dropping by Lyr
    lyricidal likes this.
    07-28-11 04:53 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD