NTT docomo releases a new OS 5.0.0.1014 for Bold 9700:

http://smartphone.nttdocomo.co.jp/ma...5.0.0.1014.exe
    11-29-10 01:23 AM
    NTT docomo releases a new OS 5.0.0.1014 for Bold 9700:

http://smartphone.nttdocomo.co.jp/ma...5.0.0.1014.exe
    It doesn't work by directly clicking above link, but you can go to the following link and then click "同意する(ファイルダウンロード)" (toward the end of the page) to start downloading.

Device Software�iƒfƒoƒCƒXƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA�j | ‚�‹q—lƒTƒ|�[ƒg | NTTƒhƒRƒ‚
    11-29-10 01:39 AM
    NICE FIND!!!!

Mods, please sticky this one!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 01:48 AM
    Downgrading from 6.0 later to this one to try it out and see if its better than 979.

11-29-10 02:48 AM
    Nice find! Anyone tried this yet? Review please.
    11-29-10 02:49 AM
    Omg it has the web kit browser.........wait that's just bolt lol.....I wonder if any of the really late 5.0 builds have any signs of the new browser??? Who knows. I will try later. Gotta get some sleep lol. I remember back when 5.0 came out for the storm and it had tabbed browsing. I wonder why they scrapped that.

11-29-10 02:54 AM
    It doesn't work by directly clicking above link, but you can go to the following link and then click "同意する(ファイルダウンロード)" (toward the end of the page) to start downloading.

Device Software�i�f�o�C�X�\�t�g�E�F�A�j | ���q�l�T�|�[�g | NTT�h�R��
    same platform, 5.1.0.177

11-29-10 03:34 AM

same platform, 5.1.0.177 with v. 5.0.0.979

11-29-10 03:35 AM
    Nice find!
    11-29-10 03:42 AM
    Is there any logical reason for releasing 5.0.0.1014 instead of just officially releasing OS 6 ? Im curious to understand the process behind decisions like this.
    hregaya likes this.
    11-29-10 10:27 AM
    Is there any logical reason for releasing 5.0.0.1014 instead of just officially releasing OS 6 ? Im curious to understand the process behind decisions like this.
    Because this is an official release, and 6 is nowhere near official release. Too many buggy betas show that.
    11-29-10 10:35 AM

Or if using Google Chrome, just translate the page and read it all in English, or whatever your preferred language is.
    11-29-10 10:39 AM
    Because this is an official release, and 6 is nowhere near official release. Too many buggy betas show that.
    lol, all TWO of the released betas? the only remaining bugs could be fixed tomorrow, no need to say "nowhere near official release zomg i am all-knowing and will lead you astray from advancement!!"

the latest build of OS6 isn't really all that buggy. SMS/BBM cursor issue (quick fix) and occasional camera flash not coming on (rebooting fixes it, so that's probably also a quick fix) are the only 2 I have encountered. neither of which are really all that "experience-crashing" for myself as well as many others I'm sure.

OS6 official could very well be right around the corner.
    Some prefer OS5 (for some reason) and I think it's fine that RIM/Carriers are tailoring to them as well, even though since this OS5 build is now official, it's been around and tested for awhile. New to us doesn't necessarily mean freshly compiled code.

Wow that was alot of run on sentences and such. I'm going to stop now. Sleepy time. hahaha
    Ghostnyc and Willard814 like this.
    11-29-10 10:58 AM
    Well, I'm actually more excited about this than if we got another leaked OS6 build. I downgraded to .979, but there are some things that annoy me about that version, even over something like .605. For example, my reboot time actually got worse than it was on .605, and I don't understand why they messed with the dialing thing where you have to scroll up to the number you're actively typing in.

I may try an official OS6.0 build (if that ever happens), but I can't have an operating system that crashes with white screens every day, and both the OS6 leaks did that.
    11-29-10 11:21 AM
    I may try an official OS6.0 build (if that ever happens), but I can't have an operating system that crashes with white screens every day, and both the OS6 leaks did that.
    I have never seen or heard of the crashing with the newest OS6 build (or even the first) from myself or my probably 8 friends that have had it since day 1. There may be hope for you to get that resolved! Were you sure to fully wipe your phone first? and NOT do a backup from the apploader, but to do it manually?

OS6 has been a great experience for myself and my friends, and I would like everyone to have just as easy of a time with it! SOOO GROODDD
    11-29-10 11:26 AM

Some prefer OS5 (for some reason) and I think it's fine that RIM/Carriers are tailoring to them as well, even though since this OS5 build is now official, it's been around and tested for awhile. New to us doesn't necessarily mean freshly compiled code.
    The reason is that OS6 leaks crash and give you probably 5% of the choices in apps and themes we have on OS5. As cool as iPhone4 is, it kind of blows my mind that I have to have the icons and interface set up exactly how Apple wants it. Honestly, having a screen that's twice the size as a 9700 isn't as nice as it sounds when you have to fill it up with crap you don't want on there, haha.
    11-29-10 11:26 AM
    Great find!!
    11-29-10 11:36 AM
    Omg it has the web kit browser.........wait that's just bolt lol.....I wonder if any of the really late 5.0 builds have any signs of the new browser??? Who knows. I will try later. Gotta get some sleep lol. I remember back when 5.0 came out for the storm and it had tabbed browsing. I wonder why they scrapped that.

no, you will NOT see webkit on ANY OS 5 release for any BB. period.
    11-29-10 12:00 PM
    lol, all TWO of the released betas? the only remaining bugs could be fixed tomorrow, no need to say "nowhere near official release zomg i am all-knowing and will lead you astray from advancement!!"

the latest build of OS6 isn't really all that buggy. SMS/BBM cursor issue (quick fix) and occasional camera flash not coming on (rebooting fixes it, so that's probably also a quick fix) are the only 2 I have encountered. neither of which are really all that "experience-crashing" for myself as well as many others I'm sure.

Wow that was alot of run on sentences and such. I'm going to stop now. Sleepy time. hahaha
    In some way it just seems a bit redundant, your latest version of OS 5 is running, OS 6 is out and available to carriers to tweak for their networks, why not just focus on preparing OS 6 and releasing it. Of course I'm speaking from the outside looking in, I don't know what is going on internally. It is just a bit odd to see .1014 released now, what next .1023 or .1204- when does it make sense to stop the incremental OS 5 tweaks and get 6 out?
    11-29-10 12:33 PM
    Hi just seen that the latest OS release OS 5.0.0.1014 is available for download, but if I try and update either wirelessly or using the desktop manager it tells me that I have the latest release 5.0.0.862.

Is there some reason this will not update by standard methods. I am in the UK does that make a difference.

I am a fairly new user to the blackberry and not overly confident when stepping outside the box.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards
    Neil
    11-29-10 12:47 PM
    /\ Um what is your carrier?

Did you follow the upgrade instructions if it is not your carrier release. You have to remove the Vendor file and load through App loader.
    11-29-10 01:15 PM
    In some way it just seems a bit redundant, your latest version of OS 5 is running, OS 6 is out and available to carriers to tweak for their networks, why not just focus on preparing OS 6 and releasing it. Of course I'm speaking from the outside looking in, I don't know what is going on internally. It is just a bit odd to see .1014 released now, what next .1023 or .1204- when does it make sense to stop the incremental OS 5 tweaks and get 6 out?
    Well, first, OS6 is still being tested. And, there are still issues with 5.0 that need to be resolved.

You will still see 5.0 releases even AFTER the OS6 release, especially for those of us that won't be using OS6. OS6 is not the ultimate choice for some. Two of my key apps have said they are not releasing OS6 versions compatible with the 9700. So, why would I update to OS6?
    Many people may never get an official OS6 from their carrier. Should they be left out in the cold for bug fixes and updates and such?
    The needs of the many (OS5) outweigh the needs of the few (OS6).

Let me ask you this.... WHY should they stop development on OS5 just to push OS6 when MANY MANY people won't use OS6?

As for the numbering, I kind of figured that after 5.0.0.9XX, they would roll to 5.0.1.XXX instead of going 4 digits.
    Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 11-29-10 at 01:19 PM.
    klintoncloud likes this.
    11-29-10 01:17 PM
    Well, first, OS6 is still being tested. And, there are still issues with 5.0 that need to be resolved.

Let me ask you this.... WHY should they stop development on OS5 just to push OS6 when MANY MANY people won't use OS6?
    Valid points, your right, many people don't want OS 6. Its easy to mistake the general vibe here at crackberry where most of want the latest & greatest as being the consensus for ALL blackberry users.
    11-29-10 01:25 PM
    /\ Um what is your carrier?

Did you follow the upgrade instructions if it is not your carrier release. You have to remove the Vendor file and load through App loader.
    Hi my carrier is orange uk, I honestly have to admit I just saw that there was an OS upgrade and checked the most obvious methods for upgrading. I'm a little concerned with mucking around with removing the vendor file and upgrading as I would like to play safe and stay with the vendor upgrade, that is unless they are just not going to upgrade in which case I will do as the instructions suggest. I was working originally on the basis that official upgrades from Blackberry would be separate from the vendor upgrades. Don't know if this makes sense to you.

Just to confirm thought this is definitely an official upgrade from Blackberry and not a leaked version?

Regards
    Neil
    11-29-10 01:25 PM
    I have never seen or heard of the crashing with the newest OS6 build (or even the first) from myself or my probably 8 friends that have had it since day 1. There may be hope for you to get that resolved! Were you sure to fully wipe your phone first? and NOT do a backup from the apploader, but to do it manually?

OS6 has been a great experience for myself and my friends, and I would like everyone to have just as easy of a time with it! SOOO GROODDD

I haven't had any problems with os6 besides it slowing down towards the end of the day, although now I can't delete some of my contacts and I don't know why. I have 2 friends however that get white crash screens daily so I guess there are some users that it doesn't work well for.
    11-29-10 01:40 PM
236 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD