We're pleased to announce the latest update to the Pandora BlackBerry client, version 1.1.3. This update consists of various bug fixes and performance enhancements. It is available immediately by pointing your mobile browser to the Pandora website at http://www.pandora.com. If you have a recent version of the app installed, you may also notice a "Upgrade Available" option in the application menu which links directly to the download.

This update has been submitted to App World and should be available there within 2-10 business days.

As usual, our help desk is available for handling any questions or problems you may have at [email protected]

Release Notes

New Features
    • Support for account upgrades to Pandora One via the mobile device
    • Faster startup time, especially for listeners with lots of stations. One test with 100 stations showed startup time going from 14.25 seconds down to 8.2 seconds.
    • Station list sort order is now saved

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed volume-change issues triggered by some third-party apps, such as Vlingo
    • No more 8-hour session limit
    • Tour popup menus sometimes would act strangely
    • Various other minor fixes
    12-22-09 07:55 PM
    Cool! Thanks for posting. Too bad I have to wait before I can upgrade. Well, this will come in handy- especially since I'll be on-call 24/7 over th holidays.
    12-22-09 10:43 PM
    Upgraded this morning after a reboot every other app on my bold was deleted...Thanks!!! (rolls eyes)
    12-24-09 08:51 AM
    ?
    Reinstall from backup file(s).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 09:05 AM
    I did it at work...so just having to re-download all the apps... just the essentials right now...

I will say the new Pandora is wayyyy better..fast as ever...good job!
    12-24-09 09:20 AM
    I did it at work...so just having to re-download all the apps... just the essentials right now...

I will say the new Pandora is wayyyy better..fast as ever...good job!
    Ok. Never had that happen before. Yeah, "finally" got the chance to upgrade this morning.

12-24-09 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the update and the update notification.
    12-24-09 10:03 AM
    Upgraded this morning after a reboot every other app on my bold was deleted...Thanks!!! (rolls eyes)
    I assure you it's nothing we did in the app! That wouldn't be a very welcome feature now, would it?
    12-24-09 02:56 PM
    I <3 Pandora!
    12-24-09 03:03 PM
    The new Pandora is not working on my Tour. It get an error when I try and start it up.

"Error starting pandora $2dradio: Error loading module 'pandora $2dradio' OutOfMemoryError"

I have 60MB free on my tour.
    12-24-09 08:05 PM
    The new Pandora is not working on my Tour. It get an error when I try and start it up.

"Error starting pandora $2dradio: Error loading module 'pandora $2dradio' OutOfMemoryError"

Similar situation here. I updated on my Tour, but when I open Pandora I receive an error message:

"Error starting pandora $2dradio: Error loading module 'pandora $2dradio' Verify Error."

I checked my settings in Advanced Options > Applications but they were correct. Hmm....
    Last edited by garvey14; 12-25-09 at 10:09 AM.
    12-25-09 09:56 AM
    Well, updated and all of my stations are there. Everything is working fine for me.

12-25-09 10:25 AM

Can you try first uninstalling the previous version, doing a battery pull, then installing the new version?
    12-25-09 12:07 PM
    I'm having problems of my own with the new Pandora app. When I open the app, I get a message that says:

"Unexpected network error occurred: General socket error while checking licensing."
    I have to hit "Ok" twice, and then it takes me to the page where you select that you have an existing Pandora account. Even after I choose to sign in, it takes me to the black screen that says "signing in," then the following error message comes up:

"Unexpected network error occurred: General socket error while verifying username/password."
    I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Help?
    12-25-09 06:17 PM
    I'm having problems of my own with the new Pandora app. When I open the app, I get a message that says:

"Unexpected network error occurred: General socket error while checking licensing."
    You might need to set your APN for your device. From the Home Screen go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP, make sure "APN Settings Enabled" is checked, and enter the APN for AT&T (assuming you're on AT&T with your 9700):

APN: WAP.CINGULAR
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

Let me know if that works.
    12-26-09 11:56 AM
    Does this version work outside US?
    12-28-09 12:13 AM
    This is good to know just hope it fixes the lil bugs in there firm ware.
    12-28-09 12:58 AM
    Does this version work outside US?
    No, the Pandora service in general is still limited to the US only due to licensing restrictions.
    12-28-09 11:29 AM
    I tried doing a battery pull and installing the new Pandora and I still get an error. Is there a way for me to get back my previous version?
    12-28-09 12:10 PM
    I tried doing a battery pull and installing the new Pandora and I still get an error. Is there a way for me to get back my previous version?
    We don't have the previous version available, however there's nothing in the new version that should cause this error. Reading through some of the Tour forums, this seems to be a somewhat common problem with Tour owners and third party apps. I'm not sure if RIM is working on a fix yet, but if you read through the following thread, there may be some other things to try: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ou...-error-291261/
    12-28-09 12:22 PM
    I don't know, becuase Pandora is my only app that is giving me an error. All the others are working fine.
    12-28-09 01:06 PM
    I'm having problems as well. I have a Curve and Pandora always worked fine for me in the past...I hadn't used it in about two months...then I downloaded the 1.1.3 updated version...now when it downloads and I try to run it, the pandora screen comes up and it acts as if it's loading for a few moments (the red arrows on the top right corner show up)...then they go away and it just sits on the main pandora screen with no options to do anything except hit the blackberry button and shut down pandora. Does this everytime...I've deleted and reinstalled, I've taken the battery out and reinstalled, and nothing. I don't know what's up with it. All my other apps work fine.
    12-29-09 03:11 PM
    I'm having problems as well. I have a Curve and Pandora always worked fine for me in the past...I hadn't used it in about two months...then I downloaded the 1.1.3 updated version...now when it downloads and I try to run it, the pandora screen comes up and it acts as if it's loading for a few moments (the red arrows on the top right corner show up)...then they go away and it just sits on the main pandora screen with no options to do anything except hit the blackberry button and shut down pandora. Does this everytime...I've deleted and reinstalled, I've taken the battery out and reinstalled, and nothing. I don't know what's up with it. All my other apps work fine.
    FYI, we solved this via email -- the problem appears to have been corrupted application data on DMH1184's device. We were able to reset the data and it's now working.
    12-29-09 05:19 PM
    I was able to get the new Pandora to finally work on my Tour. I just uninstalled a bunch of apps then installed Pandora. Thanks MarcPandora!
    12-30-09 07:38 AM
    I was able to get the new Pandora to finally work on my Tour. I just uninstalled a bunch of apps then installed Pandora. Thanks MarcPandora!
    Thanks Eric - I'll let our listener support folks know about this as well - we've had a couple other similar reports of the app not installing even with 80+ MB of memory free on the device. Sounds like a possible OS bug to me.
    12-30-09 11:00 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD