Because they are dumbases who don't know what a good design is. All their phones are "Frumpy" and they need to get their heads out of their asses on what "looks good".

Case in point... Moto Calgary.

Could have released this....

but ended up with most likely this pos...

How does that look black plastic POS look good? Someone tell me.
    11-02-09 11:20 AM
    Lol, you know Verizon doesn't actually design the physical phone, right?
    11-02-09 11:21 AM
    DUDE! You totally said wtf Ive been thinking for the past 3 years looking at some phones.

Sometimes theres a large peice of FAT plastic that hangs off the back of a phone like a lip. WTF is it there??? Idk, you tell me. It serve NO purpose what so ever.

They dont know functionality and that's the problem. They design the looks of their phones based off of looks only, where as true innovative designs are designed based off of functionality purposes. Like I have said before, the BB has its curves for a reason, not just to look pretty, but good industrial designers get rid of all the extra sht, and turn a functional design into something nice.

I studied architecture for a year and worked closely with industrial designers and they would definitely laugh at a phone such as the one below:

The best thing to come out of motorola was the slither, the razr is aPOS.
    11-02-09 11:36 AM
    long live the RAZR!
    11-02-09 11:38 AM
    Lol, you know Verizon doesn't actually design the physical phone, right?
    Incorrect to some extent. True that the carrier doesn't design the phone, but they have the say on what they want the coloring and overall feel/design to be, especially if they work close with the manufacturer on the handset. Case in point, the VZW Droid... keyboard looks like poo and so does the gold coloring BS. Look at the initial designs of the Droid (before Verizon opened their mouths) and you'll see both the keyboard and colors looked much better.

They need to stop sharing their opinions on what they want the phone to look like... THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

No offense, but ask a woman, not a man, to pick the design of your phones... too much for the machos to deal with... ok, meet everyone in the middle and ask a gay guy.
    11-02-09 11:49 AM
    Incorrect to some extent. True that the carrier doesn't design the phone, but they have the say on what they want the coloring and overall feel/design to be, especially if they work close with the manufacturer on the handset. Case in point, the VZW Droid... keyboard looks like poo and so does the gold coloring BS. Look at the initial designs of the Droid (before Verizon opened their mouths) and you'll see both the keyboard and colors looked much better.

They need to stop sharing their opinions on what they want the phone to look like... THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

No offense, but ask a woman, not a man, to pick the design of your phones... too much for the machos to deal with... ok, meet everyone in the middle and ask a gay guy.
    Well lets hope Don Lindsay is gay then, because the OS5 is still not how I want it to be. My Odin in one hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-02-09 12:00 PM
    Well lets hope Don Lindsay is gay then, because the OS5 is still not how I want it to be. My Phail in one hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There, I fixed it for you.
    11-02-09 12:01 PM
    There, I fixed it for you.
    LOL. We'll see. You already know ill be posting a review in no time. No more wobbly screen! Have fun with your earthquake screen. HAHAHA
    11-02-09 12:03 PM
    Haha. CS - I look forward to you review of S1.

Civic - I completely agree, some of these phone designs are stupid. Verizon has a great network. That's what they're good at.....and they should stick to what they know.
    Let the manufacturer design the phone, let THEM do what they're good at.
    Then let the consumer pick the best product from the lineup.
    11-02-09 12:17 PM
    Either way, it's going to take a lot more than a pretty face to kill the iPhone.
    11-02-09 12:18 PM
    This phones going in my man purse. My metro sexaul phone design luvin friends all have them......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 12:35 PM
    you guys sound like a bunch of fashion sissies. LOL

function before looks.
    11-02-09 12:44 PM
    IPhone is worthless if you ask me.

What good is a PHONE when it doesn't work most of the time thanks to AT&T's crappy network?

Say what you want about Verizon, but I've been with them for over four years and I haven't had a single dropped call. Much less found a place where I didn't have a cell signal.
    11-02-09 12:56 PM
    This phones going in my man purse. My metro sexaul phone design luvin friends all have them......

I hear you...I do not want my electroics to look all sweet and cute. My girlfriend does and I get that.

I like the original Hummer not the H1 or H2.....the original looked like it could go through buildings and shiat. I love the square boxy brutish looks of it. You dont see women driving them just like you dont see real men driving Miatas
    11-02-09 01:06 PM
    I hear you...I do not want my electroics to look all sweet and cute. My girlfriend does and I get that.

I like the original Hummer not the H1 or H2.....the original looked like it could go through buildings and shiat. I love the square boxy brutish looks of it. You dont see women driving them just like you dont see real men driving Miatas
    hahahahah, so true.
    11-02-09 01:13 PM

Might as well just get an actual Humvee then, why bother with the sissy civilianized version...
    11-02-09 01:27 PM

That's funny I also prefer the original hummer. Hate the new soccer mom driven ones to death!

Although I drive an fj cruiser with mud all over it lol. This phone screams man!!!!!!! And I'm I believe still one of those rare breeds lolz! Ck ftw

11-02-09 01:35 PM
    That's funny I also prefer the original hummer. Hate the new soccer mom driven ones to death!

Although I drive an fj cruiser with mud all over it lol. This phone screams man!!!!!!! And I'm I believe still one of those rare breeds lolz! Ck ftw

What it screams is outdated slide-out keyboard. If anything, the storm2 screams man. Too many sissys complaining about the click.
    11-02-09 01:41 PM
    What it screams is outdated slide-out keyboard. If anything, the storm2 screams man. Too many sissys complaining about the click.
    all the Storm 2 needs is the frakkin Clapper...clap on..*clap clap*..... clap off...*clap clap*....clap on clap off....the clapper.

The click is a gimmick just the same

CS the Droid does look rugged you can't deny that : )

Storm is a little feminine..not a lot but it is
    11-02-09 01:46 PM
    I drive a honda.. is that feminine?
    11-02-09 01:50 PM
    all the Storm 2 needs is the frakkin Clapper...clap on..*clap clap*..... clap off...*clap clap*....clap on clap off....the clapper.

The click is a gimmick just the same

CS the Droid does look rugged you can't deny that : )

Storm is a little feminine..not a lot but it is
    Yep when your sliding things in and out that says man! Lolz!

11-02-09 01:58 PM
    I drive a honda.. is that feminine?
    No you're ok...if you were to say a VW Cabriolet that would be feminine.

@nate8u funny ****e dude
    11-02-09 02:02 PM
    vzw probably scales back on the looks because in general "adult" and "business" phones can't have an aggressive look like the first pic you posted. people will/do judge you based on how your phone looks. it's safer for it to be rugged or bland looking than for it to be pretty, chintzy, shiny, or flashy.

personally exterior looks of my phone don't matter as much to me. if it did i wouldn't be getting a droid.
    11-02-09 02:11 PM
    LOL. Yall are hilarious. So now the new excuse for motorolla not knowing how to create a slick phone physically is that its more "manly". Dont worry women, motorlla obviously doesnt like women since they dont want a device to appeal to you guys either based off of that logic.

Havent you read the posts about men with bbs are hot? Do you think your ever gonna see a thread saying men with androids are hot? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA sorry fellas but it looks like the ugly duckling is not going to ever become a swan.

I could paint my sisters toy phone black and call it a droid. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh now its so much more manlier. Maybe ill paint the battery cover SHINY GAUDY GOLD, yeah, thats manly. The only kind of gold I want is the kind thats redeemable for money. Some some fake pretty gold button in the middle of no where.
    11-02-09 02:20 PM
    IPhone is worthless if you ask me.

What good is a PHONE when it doesn't work most of the time thanks to AT&T's crappy network?

Say what you want about Verizon, but I've been with them for over four years and I haven't had a single dropped call. Much less found a place where I didn't have a cell signal.
    agreed, however I do commend them for not adding a slide-out keyboard. Lol
    11-02-09 02:28 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD