Looking for an app where I can document Beers and Wines or even foods. I'd like to be able to take a picture of the label and then make a few notes.

Currently, I just have directories with ****-tons of pictures in them. It's getting ridiculous.

Cheers.
    09-28-09 11:44 PM
    Try Evernote. It's a great tool and the BlackBerry app syncs with the desktop app so you can easily transfer/reference notes between the two. It even has voice notes support in case you'd rather speak your notes than type them. Plus it supports photos.
    09-28-09 11:55 PM
    My philosophy. I don't drink wine. I remember what beer i like. I can't imagine trying to use my BB to store them after i've been drinking. my favorite beer to date? McEwans Scotch Ale. Flavorful.
    09-29-09 03:05 AM
    I find it easy to do what the OP is asking about. But that's because there is only one entry in my DB....Guinness.
    09-29-09 07:27 AM
    I'll give Evernote a try, thanks.

@lordcliff I typically try 2 new beers/week, so it's actually pretty hard to remember which ones I like, especially if it's one I had a few years ago. Plus, I'm looking to make notes much more detailed than "Yea" or "Nay"
    Last edited by mas0n; 09-29-09 at 09:59 AM.
    09-29-09 09:52 AM
    If you try Evernote, one suggestion is to create tags of 1 Star | 2 Stars | 3 Stars | 4 Stars |5 Stars.

That way (as an example) if you ever want to reference all of the beers that you have tried that you really like you can easily filter by the 5 Stars tag.

I also have a tag for wine that I call "to try" so if I'm ever at the store looking for a bottle, I can search that list for suggestions. The mobile app is great for adding notes but a little simplistic for searching notes right now. The PC version is fantastic for both.

Cheers!
    09-29-09 10:57 AM
    Has anyone tried Evernote yet? Can I export notes currently in my BB MemoPad to it?
    09-29-09 10:59 AM
    Evernote is going to work quite well for what I need. The BlackBerry App is pretty weak in terms of browsing existing notes, but I'm assuming the app will get better. Played with the Evernote app on the iPhone today and saw just how much we're getting shafted :/

Thanks again.
    09-29-09 01:40 PM
    I used evernote for a while, but needed a true "application" that would load quickly on my blackberry rather than a "web-app". I found reQall a brilliant solution to my needs. It allows me to add via google talk, voice, or the application itself. It isn't super detailed (more of a todo tracker - it also syncs with google calendar). Today I got an email announcing reQall's partnership/integration with Evernote. The email focused on the iphone as far as mobile apps are concerned, but this could be a very cool thing on the web side of things. I tried to update my bberry client, but it said no updates were available. Perhaps it is a back-end only integration. I am planning on looking into it further at the office tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 11:48 PM
    The Brew World app i just released is similar to what you need. I haven't implemented user uploaded images, but you can easily document which beers you have tried and give them a rating.

BlackBerry App World - Brew World
    02-07-11 09:07 PM
    I just keep a memopad entry open for beers/wines that I like... I revert back to that when I need to remember something new I tried and liked.
    02-07-11 10:23 PM
    02-07-11 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD