Let's face it - the MAJORITY of people on this blog are NOT corporate users. We don't have secretaries and monthly budget goals. We don't deal with Wall Street or finances.

I'm just a medical student who wants a cool phone but hates AT&T. I would ditch a BlackBerry any second for an iPhone. I don't need the so called BlackBerry security. I don't need the stupid encryption.

What I need is a browser (the Storm browser is a complete embarassment), a fabulous app store, an OS that is NOT based on Java (this is something that will apparently never change with RIM and will ultimately doom the company), good multimedia integration, flawless and snappy operation (forget about it, even with .230), and I don't want to have to beg for a leak every day of my life because I hate the OS that I have on.

I love the fact that people boast about RIM's 'push email' - but Apple's push email is just as good. And they have now improved their Microsoft Exchange capabilities - my MacBook Pro Snow Leopard integrated my Exchange account all on its own. Furthermore - this piece of **** known as BIS is a complete joke. I can't even forward emails with editing, can't even flag an email as a reminder. The alarm clock function is a JOKE! The video player and the camera are also both complete failures. The facebook app is a million years behind the Apple facebook app, not to mention the Palm and Android facebook apps.

Somebody please make Verizon cut a deal with Apple and get us all an iPhone. I would be the first one to ditch my stupid BlackBerry. I hate corporations, I am NOT a corporate user and never will be and I don't need a phone from a company that produces primarily for the corporate market and then tries to enter the consumer market overnight with software engineers that are completely incapable. I mean HOW MANY DAYS does it take to make a new OS?????? How many MONTHS does it take to get to 5.0? I'm so sick of RIM. They are RIMarkably awful in every aspect. Even hardware quality - find an iPhone with a button falling off or dust getting under the screen. Ugh. I hate this company.
    09-25-09 12:45 PM
    cool story bro!
    09-25-09 12:46 PM
    I also forgot to say the following:

Can you all believe that it is now SEPTEMBER 25th 2009, almost a year after the phone was mistakenly launched and THE OFFICIAL OS IS 4.7.0.148????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

RIMarkably pathetic.
    09-25-09 12:47 PM
    mmmmmmmmmm I get it...cool story!
    09-25-09 12:51 PM
    mmmmmmmmmm I get it...cool story!
    unless youve been hiding under a rock you would realize that the storm actually is a good device. Have you tried updating to the latest OS. Im gonna guess thats a big NO!
    09-25-09 12:56 PM
    Yes I have - .230 doesn't change the fact that the OS is Java-based, that the browser still sucks and is nothing compared to Safari. It doesn't change the fact that there's no way to edit forwarded emails. It doesn't change the fact that most people have to user Opera Mini. It doesn't change the fact that there's no way to flag emails. It doesn't change the fact that the Storm is a cheap imitation of the iPhone. It doesn't change the fact that even though I got used to SurePress, I hate typing long messages on my phone because even RIM has admitted that SurePress sucks!

Oh yeah, how about finding the phone when it's lost? You need a third party app for that on the Storm - that may not be available to everyone. Find my iPhone is an amazing tool. If I lose my precious 'ultrasecure' BlackBerry, I'm screwed!
    Last edited by mudpud; 09-25-09 at 01:12 PM.
    09-25-09 01:09 PM
    I hate corporations
    Michael Moore, get off of crackberry.com and go back to making inciteful movies.
    09-25-09 01:44 PM
    The iPhone won't be coming to Verizon for a while. And AT&T will try to prevent the move because it's pretty much the only thing keeping their cell phone division going.

But if you just now and AT&T sucks in your area, you might just need to get one of these bad boys:

AT&T signal booster may help, but could add to bill - Computers- msnbc.com

A one-time fee of $150 or $50 (after $100 MIR) and $19.99/month. Pay extra to get normal service! What a deal!
    09-25-09 01:54 PM
    Perhaps better would be no phone. I've heard that apple is also a corporation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 02:00 PM
    Op you are the reflection of something pathetic. I read your whole post with an open mind only to realize that I was reading a kindergarten short story. And let me guess, the RIM monster attacked you in your dreams too? For you to think that you have to be a CEO to use a blackberry shows your lacking mentality. IMO if you don't like something then you need to do something about it or suck it up. I can understand of you have a valuable constructive rant that may help to improve something, but all you did was let everyone know that you "want an iphone" but then later to reveal that you obviously have one. I couldn't imagine someone with much anger towards a phone to stick with it any longer. Grow some balls and stop swinging on apples.
    09-25-09 02:04 PM
    09-25-09 02:09 PM
    Yes I have - .230 doesn't change the fact that the OS is Java-based, that the browser still sucks and is nothing compared to Safari. It doesn't change the fact that there's no way to edit forwarded emails. It doesn't change the fact that most people have to user Opera Mini. It doesn't change the fact that there's no way to flag emails. It doesn't change the fact that the Storm is a cheap imitation of the iPhone. It doesn't change the fact that even though I got used to SurePress, I hate typing long messages on my phone because even RIM has admitted that SurePress sucks!

Oh yeah, how about finding the phone when it's lost? You need a third party app for that on the Storm - that may not be available to everyone. Find my iPhone is an amazing tool. If I lose my precious 'ultrasecure' BlackBerry, I'm screwed!
    Yes you can flag emails. Cheap imitation would be so far off its not even funny, it anything the Iphone feels cheap and looks like a knock off. Surepress doenst "suck" for everyone. Actually some people like it and Im one of them. I prefer the little clicky feel that the screen makes. Oh and its pretty simple and easy to type longe emails (must be user error). Oh and I dont use Opera anything because the browser works fine on the storm. And you must of missed the part about RIM getting that guy that is gonna redesign the BB browser.

So really your only points that are vaild (not really though) are not being able to edit forwarded emails, and the locator thing (hey ive got a solution, dont lose your phone).

my first comment still stands.

cool story bro!
    09-25-09 02:11 PM
    Op you are the reflection of something pathetic. I read your whole post with an open mind only to realize that I was reading a kindergarten short story. And let me guess, the RIM monster attacked you in your dreams too? For you to think that you have to be a CEO to use a blackberry shows your lacking mentality. IMO if you don't like something then you need to do something about it or suck it up. I can understand of you have a valuable constructive rant that may help to improve something, but all you did was let everyone know that you "want an iphone" but then later to reveal that you obviously have one. I couldn't imagine someone with much anger towards a phone to stick with it any longer. Grow some balls and stop swinging on apples.
    nicely put there Card
    09-25-09 02:17 PM
    You say that now, but tomorrow when the alarm you set doesn't go off, and you forget to wake up and you miss breakfast, it is YOU who will be the reflection of something pathetic!!!
    09-25-09 02:22 PM
    Hey could you do me a favor and send an MMS. Thanks! Oh wait, you cant unless you jailbreak it. DOH!
    09-25-09 02:22 PM
    You say that now, but tomorrow when the alarm you set doesn't go off, and you forget to wake up and you miss breakfast, it is YOU who will be the reflection of something pathetic!!!
    ok, so that has never happened to me. And if you referring to the that little troll post that Card posted in the Rants and Rave you obviously dont have sarcasm enabled on your browser.
    09-25-09 02:24 PM
    I wish I had the iPhone. It's so embarrassing to put the Storm next to all my friends' iPhones. It's just not the flashy cool device. It's like Macs and PC's. The Storm is like a crappy PC trying to imitate a Mac. The Storm OS is the Windows Vista of mobile phones.

And no, you don't have to be a corporate user to use a BlackBerry. Historically, RIM designed its phones primarily for that market. You can disagree with that all you want, but it's true. Only in this forum would people claim that the iPhone looks cheap. It's a sleek powerful phone. Neutral websites such as CNET have given the Storm a HORRIBLE review, and the iPhone (all versions) a consistently glowing review.

When they ask the average iPhone user about their satisfaction it's something over 90%. For BlackBerries, and for the Storm in particular, it's more like 30-40%. Read these forums better gentlemen - they're FULL of people complaining about BlackBerries. And I can complain more all I want without doing anything about it - because there's really not much that can be done about it.

Btw, you think that RIM hiring an ex-Apple engineer to redesign its browser is going to DO SOMETHING? On Java? Give me a break.

I'm really glad that you guys LOVE the RIM browser. Try loading Huffington Post's website. Or Gizmodo. Or any regular website in the "non-mobile" mode. They're just phenom on the RIM Browser. Only a ****** in this forum would praise the RIM Browser. It's a complete POS.

As for MMS, I never use MMS anyways. Furthermore, I'm quite dextrous since I'm in a medical field, so the SurePress disaster is not my fault. SurePress is great for some things - but not for typing in QWERTY mode. Otherwise, it's a great technology.
    Last edited by mudpud; 09-25-09 at 02:28 PM.
    09-25-09 02:25 PM
    Just get an ipod touch....doesn't sound like you want the iphone...it sounds like you want the cool toy aspect of the iphone....you get it all with the touch except you can't make calls which is the case any way for iphone users in your area according to your story anyway.
    09-25-09 02:30 PM
    ok, so that has never happened to me. And if you referring to the that little troll post that Card posted in the Rants and Rave you obviously dont have sarcasm enabled on your browser.
    triple-exclaims for maximum sarcasmz... and he has had THREE posts so far about the storm's inability to alarm. The 'reflection of something pathetic' is just a priceless line, I had to take a shot at it.
    09-25-09 02:31 PM
    I own 3 Macs and 4 PCs... Any one of my Macs is just as fickle as any of my PCs and I'm a computer guy.

I had the iPhone for two months but now I have a Storm and I am NOT corporate. Just a gadget freak.

Who has the Troll-Be-Gone spray? I left it on the counter and someone didn't put it back.
    09-25-09 02:32 PM
    I wish I had the iPhone. It's so embarrassing to put the Storm next to all my friends' iPhones. It's just not the flashy cool device. It's like Macs and PC's. The Storm is like a crappy PC trying to imitate a Mac. The Storm OS is the Windows Vista of mobile phones.

And no, you don't have to be a corporate user to use a BlackBerry. Historically, RIM designed its phones primarily for that market. You can disagree with that all you want, but it's true. Only in this forum would people claim that the iPhone looks cheap. It's a sleek powerful phone. Neutral websites such as CNET have given the Storm a HORRIBLE review, and the iPhone (all versions) a consistently glowing review.

When they ask the average iPhone user about their satisfaction it's something over 90%. For BlackBerries, and for the Storm in particular, it's more like 30-40%. Read these forums better gentlemen - they're FULL of people complaining about BlackBerries. And I can complain more all I want without doing anything about it - because there's really not much that can be done about it.

Btw, you think that RIM hiring an ex-Apple engineer to redesign its browser is going to DO SOMETHING? On Java? Give me a break.

I'm really glad that you guys LOVE the RIM browser. Try loading Huffington Post's website. It's just phenom on the RIM Browser. Only a ****** in this forum would praise the RIM Browser. It's a complete POS.
    ok there bucko, hows about you take a chill pill now and take a couple of breaths.

Ok, so is that better now?

It seems to me that you have forgotten that all those lame reviews were when the storm was running outdated and slow software. Were not on .65 or .75 anymore. I challenge you to find me an article that is recent that says the storm is garbage. You know what, it wont happen.
    09-25-09 02:32 PM
    triple-exclaims for maximum sarcasmz... and he has had THREE posts so far about the storm's inability to alarm. The 'reflection of something pathetic' is just a priceless line, I had to take a shot at it.
    Lets get Cards thoughts on this little alarm issue that he posted about(incase you didnt know, he likes to be a funny guy sometimes and post troll threads, which obviously you fell for)
    09-25-09 02:41 PM
    if you want the flashy mc flashstar phone so badly, bite the bullet and enjoy crappy service!

ps not only did RIM hire an ex-apple boy to their team, they acquired a whole damn company just to help with browser

pps surepress ftw

ppps
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 09-25-09 at 02:54 PM.
    09-25-09 02:43 PM
    I'm really glad that you guys LOVE the RIM browser. Try loading Huffington Post's website. Or Gizmodo. Or any regular website in the "non-mobile" mode. They're just phenom on the RIM Browser. Only a ****** in this forum would praise the RIM Browser. It's a complete POS.
    For giggles I loaded Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post to see how it looked. It faithfully loaded 500KB worth of html and scripts, then all 80 images. It took maybe 45 seconds start to finish.

THEN, an automatic news alert from FOX came in, and the phone had a seg fault and rebooted. Apparently bridging the partisan divide really IS impossible (probably some sort of attempt to divide by zero.)
    09-25-09 02:44 PM
    Lets get Cards thoughts on this little alarm issue that he posted about(incase you didnt know, he likes to be a funny guy sometimes and post troll threads, which obviously you fell for)
    My irony meter is now broken. Thanks a lot.

(there's something for your sarcasm detector)
    09-25-09 02:46 PM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD