Hi peeps

I have just been called by Vodafone uk and they where asking about my contract renewal.

I told them that I am staying with them and I am waiting for the storm 2 to be released.

I was told that vodafone will b e releasing 2 new blackberrys in october.

One is the Gemini the other is the Odin

He then told me that the blackberry odin will be released October 17.

Horray I will be down there getting my new mob
    First thing
    08-25-09 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the date, my contract is due for renewal very soon so I think I may hang on for the Odin
    08-25-09 08:04 AM
    awesome news ! I think my pans get wet ......sorry I have go to bathroom right now !!!!!!!!!!
    ha ha ha ! LOL
    08-25-09 10:29 AM
    hmm, seems a bit sketchy, would be great if it was true!
    08-25-09 01:17 PM
    Vodafone has been known to give release dates where they shouldn't. And 99 percent of the time they end up being true from my experience.
    08-25-09 01:58 PM
    Stranger things have happened, look at the tour, it was released on a sunday, so Sat Oct 17th is not out of the question. And we have seen some Verizon internal documents surface with a Oct projection too, although not an exact date. We shall see.
    08-25-09 02:15 PM
    i hope it comes out when they said.

looking forward to my first touch screen mobile.

my curve has been great, so has my 8800 but the storm 2 looks awesome.

lets hope the os is stable and i can be in blackberry heaven
    08-25-09 02:26 PM
    Vodafone rang me this morning too about my upgrade and i told the woman I wanted to hold out for the new Storm 2 as I have the bold at the moment.

I said to her, I heard that it's due in October and she just said there are 2 new ones due for October and one of them is the Storm 2.

I'm holding my breath though because it could be a Storm 1 fiasco to be fair lol.
    08-25-09 04:09 PM
    lol well this just answered my upgrade question ............ i'm waiting for october !!!!!

looking forward to the storm 2 i've got mates with the original and they're not overly pleased with it to be fair but i like the idea and i figure that after all the criticism voda have had there is no way that storm 2 wont work lol
    08-25-09 04:26 PM
    Just hope they will show some discount love. I didnt get my storm until Jan and really would like to upgrade...
    08-25-09 05:23 PM
    well ik what I'm getting for christmas (ill give it a month or two to get the reviews) then ill have my first touchscreen phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 07:01 PM
    I hope its available the same time it releases in uk to the us for verizon.
    08-25-09 08:24 PM
    *crossing fingers*
    08-25-09 08:33 PM
    is there any information about S2 release-date in other counties vodafone plays a role?
    like germany, spain/portugal, ireland...
    I got called by my local vodafone service about my upgrade, but they said there will only be the curve 8520 comming soon, no information about a 'new storm 2' or 'odin'...
    08-26-09 01:37 PM
    Well I hope October is true. This will give RIM time to work out the bugs, and when I can get my VZW VIP upgrade in Feb it should be rock solid!
    08-26-09 01:57 PM
    I hope that it comes out rock solid first time.

I have never had the luck of much time playing with a storm 1 but most people I read about had probs with it.

Let's hope RIM have learned from the storm 1 and make sure its top notch from the start.
    08-26-09 04:56 PM
    maybe us americans will get it a wk later?
    08-26-09 05:01 PM
    I will go ape ****, if voda tell me I have to wait till mar 10 for my upgrade, any news on if us beta tester of storm 1 will be eligible for an early upgrade? or some sort of deal like iphone users get?
    08-26-09 05:11 PM
    I tired to get out of my contract early to get the storm 1 and I would have had to pay my line rental for the rest of the contract minus 25%. It worked out at over �300 at the time.

Now I know the storm 2 is out soon I am glad I didn't.

Good thing will be about march is that any problems with the storm 2 ( fingers crossed that aren't any ) will be ironed out.
    08-27-09 02:30 AM
    That's good for you guys, but last year UK got the Storm before North America. Hopefully this isn't the case this time around.
    08-27-09 04:06 PM
    Hi peeps

I have just been called by Vodafone uk and they where asking about my contract renewal.

One is the Gemini the other is the Odin

He then told me that the blackberry odin will be released October 17.
    im not doubting your S2 info at all, as it ties with alot of other info out there, what i would say is the gemini is the 8520, which is out on vf right now (2/3 weeks ago!!) so maybe they mean the bold? wouldnt that be the only handset due??

the answers yes btw, although i hadnt heard any dates banded about for the bold
    08-27-09 04:17 PM
    Yea you guys are lucky get them 1st before north america
    08-27-09 04:36 PM
    Spoke to Vodafone business today they said 7th October

Guess we'll have to wait and see.... Anyone fancy a sweep stake - i'll put a tenner on the 7th Oct
    08-27-09 05:58 PM
    Spoke to Vodafone business today they said 7th October

Guess we'll have to wait and see.... Anyone fancy a sweep stake - i'll put a tenner on the 7th Oct
    well from my own knowledge id not put money on it, as its not been internally announced at vf (as can be proved by the two different dates) however id defo put a tenner on a new storm firmware within 2 weeks, and a spread bet of fiver for oct fiver for november

just my own `guess` or should that be informed judgement??
    08-27-09 06:17 PM
    lol hey dave nice to see you here in a forum where we can be honest and not get our posts deleted by mods
    08-27-09 06:25 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD