Everytime I click on something to watch a error comes up and says access denied or something like that anyone know what I can do?? I'm using the BB browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:41 PM
    I have the same issue. Whats funny is I used to be able to watch videos from that site prob 5 months ago
    08-18-09 03:09 PM
    I've said it before and here it comes again.... Verizon has blocked that site from being accessed. Thats what I've been told, something about how much data is actually streamed..... Figure they 'MAKE" you pay for their data plan when you get a storm then they limit how much even though they say it is unlimited. I think it is really up to 5GB. Sucks I know, not much you can do about it unless someone hosts the videos.

What I wish I could find out is why does video quality have to look so bad being streamed. Is there some dumb software on the phone that waters it down to cut down the file size?
    08-18-09 05:22 PM
    it's either VZW or RIM, if you look up the error code you get, it's a server denial code. but since the browser is hosted by RIM, wouldn't it be them denying?

just curious, does it work on 3rd party browsers?
    08-18-09 05:25 PM
    almost got excited about the 3rd party browser, but I still get the error in Opera mini. I am saying it is verizon because people in canada not operating with verizon can still go to the site.
    08-18-09 05:32 PM
    yeah, if 3rd party apps won't load it then it sounds like carriers are blocking the site, but idk how they would do that...i'd call and ask, i don't care but if we can get enough people who wanna load this site i'll call and B*tch on everyone else's behalf, i'm all for being a cause merc/ninja
    08-18-09 05:39 PM
    No-go on Opera or Bolt either.
    08-18-09 05:48 PM
    didnt this site work for about a week then they pulled the plug on it?
    Cant say nicely "deniied" they have to say "FORBIDDEN"!!leave,,outta of here...screw em.....
    08-18-09 05:49 PM
    unless the site has some sort of negative or adverse effect on the network i can't really see a reason to block it on the berry...maybe on a vcast phone, so they can make you pay for the vcast video stuff, but why on a berry with so much awesome freeware? that's why we have it...
    08-18-09 05:52 PM
    I think it's BS that we can't have access to VCast video. It's ********. They let us have VCast music.. Then for another avenue of streaming video it gets blocked. Splendid.
    08-18-09 08:01 PM
    Why do they block this site, but allow others, like YouTube? Are there any other video sites that actually work on this phone (videos, movies, or tv shows)? hulu?

I'm paying as much for this data plan as I pay for my home broadband, being used for 3 computers, you'd think I could stream a video once in a while.

We should complain about this.
    08-18-09 09:20 PM
    Because they are money hungry bastards. $30 a month for data and we can't even stream a video site that's worth a damn.
    08-18-09 09:36 PM
    Can anyone confirm if using an unlocked storm on another network other than verizon the video streaming from this site works? If it does I will so call verizon to complain.

08-18-09 10:09 PM
    Can anyone confirm if using an unlocked storm on another network other than verizon the video streaming from this site works? If it does I will so call verizon to complain.

I second this notion.
    08-18-09 10:14 PM
    I'd like to know the answer also, pretty ***** if it's Verizon doing the blocking.
    08-18-09 10:17 PM
    complaining now...i'll get us an answer!
    08-19-09 01:53 PM
    complaining now...i'll get us an answer!
    NICE
    08-19-09 02:07 PM
    you're all welcome btw
    08-19-09 02:10 PM
    you're all welcome btw
    Sooo can Patches fix this conundrum?? Stay here to find out!
    08-19-09 02:24 PM
    I'll post trouble ticket info once available.

08-19-09 02:26 PM
    Anyone want on the TT PM me acct # or phone # for examples. Users with OS other than .148 need not apply. You have about 5-10 mins as of now. GO!

08-19-09 02:49 PM
    Anyone know the IP address for m.nbc.com? This guy is a n00b!

08-19-09 02:55 PM
    so there was no solution for the issue?
    what exactly can we do to help?
    I'm running 5.0 OS on my storm - can't I simply tell tech support I'm on .148?
    08-19-09 04:04 PM
    actually no resolution, but a TT was filed, and i just got a call back from a RIM rep who opened a case at RIM, so i'm making leaps and bounds up the ladder,

patches152 FTW

is it ghey that it rhymes?
    08-19-09 04:15 PM
    it's either VZW or RIM, if you look up the error code you get, it's a server denial code. but since the browser is hosted by RIM, wouldn't it be them denying?

just curious, does it work on 3rd party browsers?
    m.nbc.com does not work on 3rd party browsers like opera or bolt. it's also not a RIM issue, its a carrier issue. AT&T BBs can view videos on m.nbc.com. So can T-Mobile BBs.
    08-19-09 04:20 PM
228 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD