After posting the first video of the Odin a lot of people had questions, even as simple as WHY IS THE PHONE RUNNING ON AT&T AND NOT VERIZON, so I'm gonna make a video answering everyone's questions.

Please feel free to post your questions in this thread.

There are only 2 things I'm not gonna answer:

1) The forbidden question about the secret of the phone

2) Browser questions: Why?! Because my phone swallowed my browser icon... LOL

Also, if you are curious about the battery, I don't really think it matters, because the OS I'm running is really old and we all know by now that the NEWER OS VERSION the phone has, the better the battery life it has too.

I'll upload the video tonight and hopefully "someone" will hook me up again and post it in their youtube account.
    08-17-09 06:10 PM
    @Craneberry will post it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:13 PM
    processor speed pls, I really want to know
    08-17-09 06:18 PM
    I don't think this has been shown before but could you give us a more detailed look on where the speaker is located and how the battery door works. Though I'm not sure about the 2nd part since didn't you brake your battery door lol? Oh and also a closer detailed look at how the threaded sms works. Thanks for helping us out!

08-17-09 06:19 PM
    Does the screen wiggle like the first storm?

08-17-09 06:19 PM
    My main concern on the first storm was the touchscreen typing. How much has it improve and is it not as laggy? Thanks
    08-17-09 06:24 PM
    Does it have kinetic scrolling?

08-17-09 06:29 PM
    My main concern on the first storm was the touchscreen typing. How much has it improve and is it not as laggy? Thanks
    08-17-09 06:32 PM
    Are the bottom keys, call menu back and end, flush with the screen pe are they slight raised with some sort of texture to distinguish between the keys?

08-17-09 06:40 PM
    Oh and also is the Storm 2 heavier or lighter than the Storm. How does it feel in the hand. Are the convenience keys/volume up and down/charging port all located in the same place as the first Storm? I find this pretty handy info to have as it'll determine if we can use the same cases for this new phone or not. So maybe a side by side comparison would help?

08-17-09 06:42 PM
    The super-secret feature. I think it will make bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches. :P
    08-17-09 06:45 PM
    My only persistent complaint about the S1 is outgoing call quality.

1) How do you sound to other people on the S2? Clear and loud or muffled and tunneled?

2) Also, does holding down the mute button enter standby?
    Last edited by mikestorm; 08-17-09 at 07:00 PM.
    08-17-09 06:49 PM
    Magnetics?

How many total input methods?
    08-17-09 06:58 PM
    Why is the touchscreen like the Iphone's when its locked? hardwarewise...

Does it have like a lever to stop the clicking or what?
    plus, how is the typing speed with it?
    08-17-09 06:59 PM
    camera lag?
    08-17-09 07:04 PM
    I for one am very interested in the call quality as well. When I owned my Storm, people told me I sounded terrible, echoy, tinny, etc. People ALWAYS complained about how I would sound when I spoke to them, which was one of the main reasons why I got rid of the phone.
    08-17-09 07:15 PM
    Wait...there IS a secret about the phone? Will it make me forget everything I hate about the Storm series and actually take a closer look at this phone?

Doubt it. Storm is the black sheep of the Blackberry world.
    08-17-09 07:48 PM
    Would it be possible for you to go through how the music/video player works?

Also could you go more in-depth on how the phone feels in the hand typing using different methods (landscape, portrait, qwerty, surepress, etc.).

Compare the feel of the phone to the Storm.
    08-17-09 07:54 PM
    I'd like to see the performance of the phone using the "new" software. It looked like he was trying to click a couple times with it not registering and switching from portrait to landscape

08-17-09 08:15 PM
    Oh and also is the Storm 2 heavier or lighter than the Storm. How does it feel in the hand. Are the convenience keys/volume up and down/charging port all located in the same place as the first Storm? I find this pretty handy info to have as it'll determine if we can use the same cases for this new phone or not. So maybe a side by side comparison would help?

he menton all this in his video. same weight and fell as s1, all buttons and charging port are like S1, kevin doesnt thank the S1 cases will work or even the charging cradle. there is a slight difference in builds.
    08-17-09 08:21 PM
    I for one am very interested in the call quality as well. When I owned my Storm, people told me I sounded terrible, echoy, tinny, etc. People ALWAYS complained about how I would sound when I spoke to them, which was one of the main reasons why I got rid of the phone.
    a lot of the call guilty is from the OS. ive noticed mine is way better with os 5.0.0.140
    08-17-09 08:23 PM
    Oh yeah? That's actually great to hear, because I loved my Storm, but couldn't deal with that issue
    08-17-09 08:35 PM
    Classic blackberries seem to be the ultimate shortcut/multi-tasking machines. I haven't used a Storm 1 much either but how do you find the S2's daily operation to be? I'm used to using a lot of shortcuts and just want to know if getting used to the S2 isn't taking a step back/slowing you down after your experience with other berries with physical keyboards.

If you can show us any new tricks/shortcuts you've learned while using the S2 that would be great.

Thanks Sal...you're a man on a mission and you're doing well.
    Last edited by entertayner; 08-17-09 at 08:47 PM.
    08-17-09 08:43 PM
    The speaker sounded loud when playing music out loud on your first video, how would you say it compares to the Storm 1 and other Blackberries?
    08-17-09 08:50 PM
    I won't ask you "what is the secret" directly, but I will ask some yes or no questions that I hope you can answer lol.

1. Does the screen have some sort of new tactile technology where you can "feel" the buttons prior to pressing them?

2. Is there more than just one button under the screen, as opposed to the 9530 having that one centralized button?

3. (might be slightly offtopic) is flick scroll planned to launch on OS 5.0 on the Storm 2 (and the 9530 for that matter)?

4. If you were to hold the phone upside down (i.e. face down), would gravity pull the screen down and allow you to press upwards on the screen? (I'm trying to figure out if there's some sort of mechanism in the phone that "lifts" the screen to clickable height during active/unlocked use)

Next Q is not screen related: is the Storm 2 and heavier/lighter/thicker/thinner than the 9530?

How is the speaker quality compared to the 9530 (which had lacked bass and sounded like someone turned the treble up to a million)?

If there's a power button on top of the phone, then does that mean holding the END/red button down will no longer power down the device?

Are boot times comparable to or faster than current 9530s? (I'm currently getting anywhere from 2 to 3 minutes from battery pull to operational screen)

Last question is a much more general one that a Crackberry head might be able to answer for me: while on a voice call, if I enable WiFi, will I be able to utilize apps that access the data network while still being on the phone?
    08-17-09 09:09 PM
134 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD