• support the second amendment to the fullest extent

27 75.00%
  • i own a/some gun(s) but they are not a big deal

3 8.33%
  • not for me

4 11.11%
  • ban fire arms all together.

2 5.56%
    Just wondering how you stand. (talking to my cousin yesterday got me thinking)

I personally don't have a any type of problem with fire arms, handgun/shotgun/rifle or "assault rifle." when the right person is using them.

Use them for personal protection, defending my home and wife is a right given to me as an american. and i have my CCW so i can carry my 9mm with me when i go out, esp into an area that i would consider unsafe.

Use them for sporting- not hunting. My dad and i go clay shooting about once a month and we go to the hand gun target range about once every 6 weeks. Good bonding time between a father and son. Learn self discipline, help skill better hand and eye coordination.

If this should turn into a debate : attack the post - not the poster
    Last edited by mjneid; 06-01-09 at 09:15 AM.
    06-01-09 09:13 AM
    FOR THEM

10char
    06-01-09 09:15 AM
    im for guns, but im not for guns for everyone, we need more in depth background checks
    06-01-09 09:15 AM
    I'm not necesarily anti guns, but they ain't for me.
    06-01-09 09:18 AM
    im for guns, but im not for guns for everyone, we need more in depth background checks
    very true.
    i loveee shooting guns!
    i shot the AR -15
    and i now want this one:

06-01-09 09:20 AM
    Amber and a CAR-15. Whatta lady!

Responsibly used, I support any Citizen's right to keep and bear arms, whatever type. Period.

A free and armed person is a citizen, and may be called upon to defend the unarmed.

An individual disarmed by government edict, with the exception of due process for violent criminal behavior, is a subject.

And if you think the government can protect you, look at Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Bosnia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 09:30 AM
    I'm not a fan of guns. I witnessed a shooting while I was working security, and was realllly shaken up by it. I had never liked guns anyway.

However, there's a reason this free country has guns: and that's to keep us free. An armed populus ensures that only real idiots would attempt an invasion. Should Mohammed or Xing Lee try to come over here with his meager army and start a war on our soil, they wouldn't have to wait for the army to arrive. Officer Joe and Lieutenant John wouldn't be firing the first defensive shots; Tom the tailor and Suzy Homemaker and Billy the mechanic would be. And this is why we're still free, this little divided but united country.
    Yes, as long as guns are available, morons will abuse them. There'll be mall and school shootings, family killing family, and kids who kill themselves or their friends because their parents keep them within reach.
    But these are all faults of poor choices made by individuals.

06-01-09 09:59 AM
    Not for me. Okay with them with reasonable restrictions.
    06-01-09 10:19 AM
    41 VIEWS AND ONLY 7 VOTES..... please people vote....
    06-01-09 10:40 AM
    I'm heading to the lounge for popcorn. Anyone want me get some for you?
    06-01-09 12:24 PM
    I wish there weren't guns

But since there are, I guess I'm ok with them for protection only

06-01-09 01:01 PM
    I live in the Sunshine state and exercise my right to carry a concealed handgun daily. Better to have and not need, then need and not have. If no one had guns, people would use knives, or bats, or clubs, or cars, or stones or... well you get the idea. But with a lawfully owned firearm an 85 year old granny can protect herself from becoming the victim of an 18 year old hoodlum.
    06-01-09 01:03 PM
    For. Restrictions would just keep them out of the hands of good people.

06-01-09 01:05 PM
    In my 55 years, I have never been in a situation where my first thought was, "I wish I had a gun right now!" 'Probably never will.
    06-01-09 01:07 PM
    I suppose if I believed that crime couldnt happen to me I wouldnt carry a gun either. I have a gun, its not hurting anyone when I carry it, I hope I never have to hurt anyone at all ever, but I am glad to have it if the need arises.
    06-01-09 01:13 PM
    I suppose if I believed that crime couldnt happen to me I wouldnt carry a gun either. I have a gun, its not hurting anyone when I carry it, I hope I never have to hurt anyone at all ever, but I am glad to have it if the need arises.
    "Crime" has "happened" to me many times, including armed robbery when I drove cab in Seattle, but they only got $50, which didn't seem to be enough to kill the perp. I couldn't care less if people carry guns. I never will. Dieing does not scare me, my wife being alone does though.
    06-01-09 01:24 PM
    I am an advocate of our right as U.S. citizens to keep and bear arms, although I don't personally own any assault weapons.
    06-01-09 01:38 PM
    [

It wasnt stated what kind of weapon the "perp" had, but if it was a gun or a knife thats enough for me to draw my own weapon if possible and defend myself. Its not the value of the item they are trying to take from me, its the value of my life. And if someone has a gun or knife pointed at me I believe that person will kill me, because I do not know whats going on in their head.
    06-01-09 01:48 PM
    In my 55 years, I have never been in a situation where my first thought was, "I wish I had a gun right now!" 'Probably never will.
    I thought this way for many years but....

what changed my mind on this was two things:

CASE NUMBER ONE)

Where i live in, ohio we have night club that is about 7mins walking distance from my house called (to protect the privacy) Big Bob's. One morning i was on my way to work and drove right by said club. And low and behold i saw Cincinnati's SWAT Truck and CSI unit trailer at this club. So since the crime happened so close to my home i stopped to see what happened - mainly to make sure everything was safe to leave my wife home alone all day, not having any fire-arms at this time. They told me there was no reason to cause alarm, a guy walked in the club to rob the "cover fee collector" at gun point so the money man pulled a gun and told him to get off the property so the two guys exchanged fire in the parking lot, 30 some odd shells were counted in the parking lot of the club. but the person who was collecting the money did have a CCW and was packing, setting outside of the club (since it had a class d license he couldn't go inside) but he could protect him self and the the club for the most part, but the other guy got away. - With that being the 3rd gun fight to happen in 5 weeks i decided to get my CCW to protect my self and my wife being so close to this club. i needed to do something.

so i got my CCW

and after my CCW Permit was issued

CASE NUMBER TWO)
    My wife called me one day at work and said "don't be alarmed on your way home - another shooting happen at that club - this time in the middle of day - same guy and got away on foot. and he was in the neighborhood on foot, but they have no clue where he was, but i do have all of the doors locked and the 9mm is locked and loaded."so when i got home i got my 20guage 20" shot gun and walked out into the back yard to find the guy hiding in my lawn equipment shed, saw him peaking out. so i put the shotgun down flagged a po-po down showed him my CCW permit (not like i'm going to try anything with the po-po know who i am and where i live....well we jogged over to the shed - make a long story short the cop and i stormed the shed and they took the guy away in cuffs.

ever since then unless i know i'm going somewhere that serves beer/spirits or i'm going somewhere to drink, i pack EVERYWHERE i go....
    Last edited by mjneid; 06-01-09 at 01:55 PM.
    06-01-09 01:52 PM
    I own target and hunting weapons. I shoot targets - clay pigeons with my shotgun and paper targets with my rifles. Don't hunt because I do not like game meat and won't kill just to kill. I think we currently have the right balance of laws and don't need any more of them. It is very hard for a felon to buy them legally.

I do have a question for Mechanic and others with concealed carry permits. Would you kill an unarmed person who treatened you? I do think force should be met by equal force. Being a fairly big guy, I haven't been threatened very often, but I don't think I could kill someone who couldn't do the same to me, but who knows what I'd do if I was carrying a gun and afraid.

Last edited by exelant; 06-01-09 at 01:58 PM.
    06-01-09 01:54 PM
    I own target and hunting weapons. I shoot targets - clay pigeons with my shotgun and paper targets with my rifles. Don't hunt because I do not like game meat and won't kill just to kill. I think we currently have the right balance of laws and don't need any more of them. It is very hard for a felon to buy them legally.

I do have a question for Mechanic and others with concealed carry permits. Would you kill an unarmed person who treatened you? I do think force should be met by equal force. Being a fairly big guy, I haven't been threatened very often, but I don't think I could kill someone who couldn't do the same to me, but who knows what I'd do if I was carrying a gun and afraid.

One of the things they tell you in your CCW class, given your state requires it, is never to shoot an unarmed person, or shoot someone in the back. I'm 5'11" 240 lbs - ex varsity football nose tackle. i'm a fairly big guy and never been threatened....
    06-01-09 02:12 PM
    I am 6'2 and 225 so people dont usually pick on me, however if someone who was skilled in fighting decided to beat me up and knew how to, probably could. I dont really know how to fight, thats why I have a gun. I would hope if I was getting pummeled and drew my firearm they would see it and stop beating me. But if they decided to continue to beat me and I was in rough shape I would have to defend myself. However I try to keep myself out of any locations that are known trouble spots, so that decreases my chances of being attacked.
    06-01-09 02:19 PM
    06-01-09 02:20 PM
    I own a .45 and have been taught how to use it. I used to target shoot also.

Having a friend who had her apartment broken into, robbed, raped, hogtied, then shot to death in her bathtub........Im not going to take the chance of trying to defend myself with a sling-shot if God forbid Im ever in the same situation.

(note: the above took place while she lived in texas, and he was executed 3 months ago)

I believe there are some stupid people who should never have them.......but same applies to automobiles, children and lawn darts
    06-01-09 02:32 PM
    One of the things they tell you in your CCW class, given your state requires it, is never to shoot an unarmed person, or shoot someone in the back. I'm 5'11" 240 lbs - ex varsity football nose tackle. i'm a fairly big guy and never been threatened....
    Lol, my State does require the classes - it's only common sense, but it's also just a formality in Colorado. State law directs Sheriff's to issue permits to all applicants not barred by federal law who complete the course. As I said, I am not against firearms. I am a gun owner. And I am 6'3" 200lbs, boxed in Golden Gloves as a kid. I have also never been threatened, but I know anger. I just wonder how some would react if armed and attacked; if it would be more likely someone would be shot?

06-01-09 03:49 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD