With all the recent appearance's popping up with the new Storm 2 would it be safe to say that it is in current beta? I called a verizon wireless store yesterday to inqure if the employee's have heard any news on it (not that i expected them to tell me) but the girl on the phone denied any knowing of when the storm2 was going to be in there hands. but she did inform me that rumor was floating around that their technicians were being trained on it. she also mentioned that once the employee's recived training public release is normally 2 weeks after the employee's get trained. with storm 1 that held true. any one heard of the same from their location?
    05-22-09 08:06 PM
    Storm2 How soon is soon?

Pretty soon...
    05-22-09 08:09 PM
    For all of the Storm 1 users who say it was rushed out, I say sick back and just wait maybe they will get it right for you. For users like me who find the Storm 1 works just fine with the OS leaks we can afford to wait. I say 3-6 months.
    05-22-09 08:46 PM
    For all of the Storm 1 users who say it was rushed out, I say sick back and just wait maybe they will get it right for you. For users like me who find the Storm 1 works just fine with the OS leaks we can afford to wait. I say 3-6 months.
    I agree, I'm definitely going to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:24 PM
    Yep just sit back and relax

05-23-09 05:57 AM
    Storm2 How soon is soon?

Pretty soon...
    Yea I think sometime soon lol
    05-23-09 06:20 AM
    June.

Educated guess.

CX said that they are about to go into production, soooo that tells me that they are nearing SOMETHING
    05-23-09 08:54 AM
    June.

Educated guess.

CX said that they are about to go into production, soooo that tells me that they are nearing SOMETHING
    i think he also mentioned that it wont be released anytime soon. i wish the rumors were true though.
    05-23-09 09:44 AM
    June.

Educated guess.

The Tour will come first, so I would say around September is more likely for the Storm 2.
    05-23-09 10:22 AM
    After the iPhone
    05-23-09 01:20 PM
    I'd say not until at least September.... probably later.
    05-23-09 02:41 PM
    Storm2 How soon is soon?

Pretty soon...
    ehh, not so soon. not for verizon at least. my mom and i both just got the storm 1, and i mentioned the storm 2, so she called verizon and they said not until october or november....
    05-23-09 02:51 PM
    Im going to go out on a limb and say it will release exactly 1 year after storm 1 ,, aka end of november !
    05-23-09 07:26 PM
    I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD AT VERIZON!!

So my wife and I stopped at a VZW Store today and I was chatting up the gal behind the counter. I said something about new devices and she saud that there were none coming. I told her about "potential" devices such as the Tour and Storm 2. She said and I think that she truly believes that it would be 2 years or more. I suggested that she spend a few minutes online at CB because it might not be this month but it sure as **** wont be 2 years. She also claims to never have heard anything about the Tour.

I guess VZW does not want people waiting on the new Storm.
    05-23-09 08:40 PM
    So will it be a verizon only release? Looks like a sweet blackberry!
    05-23-09 08:54 PM
    Just goes to show that the crackberry readers sometimes know more than those at the stores

05-23-09 11:50 PM
    I just wonder if they can't say they know anything. I can't imagine working as a sales person for anything and not doing my little bit of research. Its not like its hard to find info on the s2.

06-02-09 12:08 AM
    fyi: I work for vzw, and they dont tell us any official news until maybe 2 or 3 weeks before launch unless you work in quality assurance.
    06-02-09 01:28 AM
    Im going to go out on a limb and say it will release exactly 1 year after storm 1 ,, aka end of november !
    I would guess something like this. VZW could appease the first S1 adopters a little bit by releasing the S2 to coincide with VIP ne1 dates.
    06-07-09 03:08 PM
    I do not feel there is a set in stone date for the storm 2 release but I do feel they have an expected date

this will only be released I feel when the outstanding stocks of storm 1's still in retailers and suppliers have almost sold/contracted out other wise they would be left with a shedload of old stock they could not dispose of
    06-07-09 04:58 PM
    What are the chances BB will offer Storm 1 users a special price? Can't do anything with VZW unless you are up for upgrade. I just got the Storm so upgrade through VZW won't be an option for a while.
    06-07-09 05:40 PM
    Asked my VZW guy about the s2.
    He said two years or so also.
    Bullshiit.
    Plus..The Storm2 is going to be worth more than the Storm1.
    Why would they replace the old, cheap version with the new version?
    It's called, refurbished storm 1.
    They're not about to waste their time and money on people who don't know how to take care of their shiit.
    Duhh.
    Use your head.
    06-07-09 07:38 PM
    i have a regular phoen but my contract is up in like a week or watever but im thinking about waiting a little for the storm 2...do you guys think it would be worth waiting for the storm 2 or any of the new blackberrys? i want 3g and wifi. i have verizon. or should i just get one now such as an curve 8900? any opinions
    06-07-09 07:49 PM
    Asked my VZW guy about the s2.
    He said two years or so also.
    Bullshiit.
    Plus..The Storm2 is going to be worth more than the Storm1.
    Why would they replace the old, cheap version with the new version?
    It's called, refurbished storm 1.
    They're not about to waste their time and money on people who don't know how to take care of their shiit.
    Duhh.
    Use your head.
    Duhh...I didn't say I wanted a free one...and there's nothing wrong with my current storm. I don't need a new phone, just want the latest and greatest.
    06-07-09 07:56 PM
    Duhh...I didn't say I wanted a free one...and there's nothing wrong with my current storm. I don't need a new phone, just want the latest and greatest.
    Then buy one..
    Why ask a question that you can answer yourself? haha.
    Good choice on sticking to BB
    06-07-09 08:54 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD