because i am a Pearl lover

either way. i ultimately chose the Pearl for it's size. i drop things easily & lose things easily & need something i can keep in a pocket. i figured the smaller, the better. i know it'll fit into my front pocket & it'll stay there. i also don't like holsters. i feel like i'm a middle aged wall streeter with one. ew. [no offense to those of you out there]

ANYWAY. that being said, is anyone else similar in nature & find the Curve to be just as user friendly? would upgrading to a larger size pose problems.. or do you find it to still work just as well?

... now don't tell my Pearl friends
    03-09-08 04:05 PM
    Yes the Curve IS bigger than the Pearl. However I find it so much easier to work with and the larger screen makes the overall larger size well worth it. I always have my Curve in my pocket and it doesnt bother me one bit!!
    03-09-08 04:09 PM
    i ultimately chose the Pearl for it's size. i drop things easily & lose things easily & need something i can keep in a pocket. i figured the smaller, the better. i know it'll fit into my front pocket & it'll stay there. i also don't like holsters. i feel like i'm a middle aged wall streeter with one. ew. [no offense to those of you out there
    I looked at the Pearl months ago. Nice phone. But it wasn't for me. All I needed was to see the Curve and I fell in love. Yes it is SLIGHTLY larger than the Pearl but the full keyboard and the better screen makes the decision in favor of the Curve a no brainer.

Serious emailers will have no issues immediately identifying the Curve as the best choice. Who wants all that hitting keys multiple times to send a text message or an email?

I do use a nice leather holster but I could just as easily slip my Curve into my shirt pocket. I just don't like lugging anything other than a pen in my shirt pocket.

The Curve rocks. It's the best phone ever invented so far.
    03-09-08 04:40 PM
    Agreed. I have an 8310 and it is the best phone I have ever had. I sold my iphone and got a curve and have not looked back since
    03-09-08 04:43 PM
    yeah... i have zero problems with my Pearl keyboard. it's not as difficult as people like to say it is

i'm more curious about the physical handling of the phone vs how it works.
    03-09-08 04:44 PM
    yeah... i have zero problems with my Pearl keyboard. it's not as difficult as people like to say it is

i'm more curious about the physical handling of the phone vs how it works.
    isle.sam

Is the Curve tempting you?
    03-09-08 04:46 PM
    I use a holster most of the time, but when a holsetr isn't appropriate for the situation, I'll put it in my pants pocket. Can't even tell it's there, except when it vibrates. I just like the convenience of a holster most of the time.
    03-09-08 04:46 PM
    isle.sam

Is the Curve tempting you?
    hazy.

i'm mostly just curious about how it "handles".

oh. & how well the speaker phone works.

i still love my pearl. & don't plan on switching to anything else for a good long while. i just want to know if i'd end up losing it if i had it.
    03-09-08 04:49 PM
    yeah... i have zero problems with my Pearl keyboard. it's not as difficult as people like to say it is.
    Please explain how taking 3x as long sending a message because you need to hit small phone keys mutiple times to get to the right characters is as easy as using a QWERTY keyboard?
    03-09-08 04:49 PM
    how well the speaker phone works
    I'm amazed with the clarity and loudness of the BB speaker phone. From my old Motorola where the speakerphone was crackly and had low volume, I couldn't be happier with the speakerphone function in my Curve. I use it all the time.
    03-09-08 04:53 PM
    hazy.

i'm mostly just curious about how it "handles".

oh. & how well the speaker phone works.

i still love my pearl. & don't plan on switching to anything else for a good long while. i just want to know if i'd end up losing it if i had it.
    Those who have the curve absolutely love it and prefer the qwerty keyboard but I find it just a wee bit too big, it has a nice big screen though
    03-09-08 04:56 PM
    not to get in a pearl vs. curve flame war here...

but i actually hit the keys less than you do...

most keys have more than one letter on them, but i dont have to hit it twice to get the one i want to pop up...

that is the joy of suretype. plus it is a predictive text so long words that i type out appear before i even finish typing..

i know i am faster than some of the full qwerty keyboard curve users..

that being said...i would love to have a curve but dont have the option...(thanks for being on the late again verizon)

but it is silly to think that pearl users need more keystrokes than anyone else...

-db
    03-09-08 04:57 PM
    Curve is light weight
    03-09-08 05:04 PM
    but i actually hit the keys less than you do...
    That's just crazy.

On a Curve with a QWERTY keyboard, you'll never need to hit one key more than once.

On a Pearl, if you type "CAT," you're going to have to hit that A/C key multiple times to get the right characters.

And with respect to the claim about predictive text, my question is how often does your predictive text function start giving you words you aren't looking for?

I've used predictive text and I HATED it.

There is no way to argue that two people -- one on a Pearl and one on a Curve -- (with identical dexterity skills) would see the Pearl user win in a race.
    03-09-08 05:07 PM
    Please explain how taking 3x as long sending a message because you need to hit small phone keys mutiple times to get to the right characters is as easy as using a QWERTY keyboard?
    i don't hit something 3x to get what i want. & the keys are actually larger than the curves keys. closer together, yes. but definitely bigger.

you get used to it. & all i said was "it's not as difficult as everyone thinks."

it's supremely easy.
    03-09-08 05:19 PM
    i don't hit something 3x to get what i want
    How do you input the word "CAT?"
    03-09-08 05:21 PM
    How do you input the word "CAT?"
    C/v A/s T/Y then hit space bar. It recognises what you type after a while
    03-09-08 05:23 PM
    C/v A/s T/Y then hit space bar. It recognises what you type after a while
    So how many keystrokes is that?
    03-09-08 05:26 PM
    So how many keystrokes is that?
    Just four.
    03-09-08 05:27 PM
    ha. i thought he made it pretty obvious it was only four

which.. coincidently.. is the same amount you'd use on a full QWERTY keyboard!
    03-09-08 05:29 PM
    Do you think Hazysky is a masculine name isle.sam? I answered someone's question yesterday and he replied "Thanks Man" LOL.
    03-09-08 05:33 PM

which.. coincidently.. is the same amount you'd use on a full QWERTY keyboard!
    Curve/Qwerty: C A T = 3 strokes.

Pearl:

C (Using "2" Key ... A-1, B-2, C-3) 3 strokes

A (Using "2" Key ... A-1) 1 stroke

T (Using "8" Key ... T -1) 1 stoke

That's 3 strokes for the Curve and 5 for the Pearl. What am I missing?
    03-09-08 05:37 PM
    Do you think Hazysky is a masculine name isle.sam? I answered someone's question yesterday and he replied "Thanks Man" LOL.
    are you a girl? sorry! if i don't know gender, i use a generic "he". oops.
    03-09-08 05:37 PM
    That's 3 strokes for the Curve and 5 for the Pearl. What am I missing?
    that we'd want to use multitap.

we don't.

therefore, as Hazy stated:

C/V - 1
    A/S - 2
    T/Y - 3

oh. & we may have to use the trackball to scroll to our desired word of choice [which takes half a second].. but lucky us, "cat" automatically pops up.
    03-09-08 05:40 PM
    are you a girl? sorry! if i don't know gender, i use a generic "he". oops.
    LOl. Last time I looked..I was a girl!, but I just wondered if you thought it was a masculine name. I thought it was obvious Hazy = Hazel ( My Dad called me Hazy)
    03-09-08 05:40 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD