First Photos of the BlackBerry Storm 2!!!

Sent in by a SUPER Trusty Source!

SORRY FOLKS! Had to Remove these by Request

[/CENTER]
    05-14-09 06:43 PM
    Very nice!!!
    05-14-09 06:43 PM
    I can only imagine the view and post count on this thread...
    05-14-09 06:44 PM
    First thought: I dont see a slider.
    Looks good, would love to see it next to a current Storm to compare size better. Looks like it still would click... enough of a gap around the screen.
    Cool! Thanks, Kevin! Looks like those bottom buttons are all one piece with the screen now. That's interesting! Wondering if the screen still clicks... I love that about the Storm. Seems to be some separation between the screen and the phone still... so that would lead me to believe it still clicks. Hmmm...

And to Rch1214-- looks that way! Good deal!
    05-14-09 06:45 PM
    The 4 keys at the bottom, they appear to be touch sensitive keys, and not a physical hardware key.
    05-14-09 06:46 PM
    Doesnt look like it has a sure press screen either... Unless the Talk, BB, Back and End buttons move with the press... Seems to be running the same UI as the 9530...Guess that will never change...
    05-14-09 06:46 PM
    Can't wait...
    05-14-09 06:47 PM
    Cool! Thanks, Kevin! Looks like those bottom buttons are all one piece with the screen now. That's interesting! Wondering if the screen still clicks... I love that about the Storm. Seems to be some separation between the screen and the phone still... so that would lead to believe it still clicks. Hmmm...

And to Rch1214-- looks that way! Good deal!
    I am actually happy about that...I thought it would make it too bulky like the G1. Now hopeful (not holding my breath) there will be some sort of trade up or discount for us storm 1 users.
    05-14-09 06:48 PM
    Doesnt look like it has a sure press screen either... Unless the Talk, BB, Back and End buttons move with the press... Seems to be running the same UI as the 9530...Guess that will never change...
    I would assume the whole thing is surepress...even the buttons. They will just be part of the screen (but I really don't know)
    05-14-09 06:49 PM
    I am actually happy about that...I thought it would make it too bulky like the G1. Now hopeful (not holding my breath) there will be some sort of trade up or discount for us storm 1 users.
    I am happy about there not being a slider, too... I don't like those. I'm liking the Storm I have now... I'll probably end up waiting until my time is up with this one to switch to anything else (about another year and a half). By that time, I will have some good feedback about this one!
    05-14-09 06:50 PM
    Looks stupid.

They moved the hard buttons on to the screen and made them touch sensitive?

Big deal.

I'm sure there are more internal upgrades but nothing too special was put onto the body of the phone...

ie- slide out keyboard, possible trackball, etc etc
    05-14-09 06:51 PM
    didn't they say they were making changes to the surepress technology?..maybe the buttons being part the surepress tech. was the novel idea. Wasn't it going to be called truepress now?
    Very nice I hope the touch screen is alot better on this model then the Original Storm. So who is going to start the pre-release thread
    I am happy about there not being a slider, too... I don't like those. I'm liking the Storm I have now... I'll probably end up waiting until my time is up with this one to switch to anything else (about another year and a half). By that time, I will have some good feedback about this one!
    Thats a good idea...if I can manage to wait that long also. A year and half is a long time. But I am sure we won't even see it until september or later.
    05-14-09 06:53 PM
    Anyone notice the lanyard hook?

The screen/buttons are one piece, could cause troubles if it clicks when you're near the bottom of the screen unless the 4 buttons on the bottom require touch+click as well.
    hrm.. not too impressed
    didn't they say they were making changes to the surepress technology?..maybe the buttons being part the surepress tech. was the novel idea. Wasn't it going to be called truepress now?
    What would really help the Press ALOT is that instead of ONE button under the screen there would be 5... One in the middle, and 4 on each corner... This would make Typing a bit faster...
    05-14-09 06:54 PM
    I'm sure there are more internal upgrades but nothing too special was put onto the body of the phone...

ie- slide out keyboard, possible trackball, etc etc
    Yeah, and good thing, too.
    05-14-09 06:54 PM
    Cool

10 Characters
    05-14-09 06:55 PM
    I thought it was going to have a 5mp camera?
    What would really help the Press ALOT is that instead of ONE button under the screen there would be 5... One in the middle, and 4 on each corner... This would make Typing a bit faster...
    I was just thinking that this could be what the "TruePress" is all about. There could be more buttons under the screen to register presses.
    Sweet I guess... Just slimmer it seems. Not impressed. Ill keep my storm for another year nd a half and wait for the new BlackBerry that comes out then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 06:56 PM
    I was just thinking that this could be what the "TruePress" is all about. There could be more buttons under the screen to register presses.
    It would allow for the keyboard to register 2 presses or more at the same time...

Also, since it says "Activation Required" means that its CDMA right? GSM will usually say "Insert Sim Card?"
    05-14-09 06:57 PM
334 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD