Hi guys,
    My friend threw my phone at me over easter break.

I dont know what exactly happened to the screen, if the pixels or damaged or not, but when it happened it was small and it seems to be getting bigger.

I love my AT&T refurb bold but i dont know what to do
    Last edited by heylookbjsgay; 04-19-09 at 08:33 PM.
    04-15-09 03:51 PM
    1. call your friend
    2. tell him what happened to your phone
    3. get friend to pay for replacement
    4. ???
    5. profit.

alternatively, you can add 2. (a) - beat friend senseless with broken phone until 3. is achieved.
    04-15-09 03:54 PM
    I love my AT&T refurb bold but i dont know what to do
    First thing is kick your friend in the ****.

Sounds like the screen is damaged. You could do an insurance claim or order a new one from cnn.cn and replace it yourself.
    04-15-09 03:54 PM
    I hope you have insurance. If you don't have your friend pay you 500 plus bucks for a new Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:55 PM
    1. call your friend
    2. tell him what happened to your phone
    3. get friend to pay for replacement
    4. ???
    5. profit.

alternatively, you can add 2. (a) - beat friend senseless with broken phone until 3. is achieved.

Hahahaha

I don't have insurance though :\
    Can't i just tell at&t the screen is defective?
    This really stinks.
    04-15-09 04:45 PM
    Hahahaha

I don't have insurance though :\
    Can't i just tell at&t the screen is defective?
    This really stinks.
    If it's in the first 30 days, they can exchange it. But I don't think they will since it isn't the phone itself problem.
    But, you can buy a new screen on sites and replace it yourself. Or have your friend pay, since he broke it. I would.
    04-15-09 05:09 PM
    Wow, that sucks man... Same as above, would try for an exchange.
    04-15-09 05:44 PM
    Definitely make that friend pay!
    04-15-09 05:46 PM
    Not necessarily the friends fault. Maybe he has butterfingers...?
    04-15-09 05:55 PM
    Go to ATT and say that it has a screen defect that showed up overnight. If they say no, then just buy a replacement screen.

04-15-09 05:57 PM
    like the last person said go to at&t say you did a reset and the screen just turned on all funny. If that doesn't work and you are still in your first 30 days tell them they can take their phone back then, this will make them double think what they said and most probably give u a replacement. They make money off of the plans and don't want to lose customers, worked for me I didn't like my tilt told them i wanted to return it they said you can't once i told them i want out of my contract its the first 30 days they let me swap out right away.
    04-15-09 07:29 PM
    Just return it under warranty with a faulty screen. Don't replace it, that'll just void the warranty.

Take it back, if they don't accept it, contact RIM directly, and they can organise repairs / replacement.
    04-15-09 08:59 PM
    my phone is to precious in my eyes to let anyone hold it without my supervision. let alone throw it.

i say you make him pay for the damages!

im mad for you.
    04-18-09 11:04 PM
    Get a new friend. LOL
    04-18-09 11:06 PM
    Call AT&T and get a replacement. Unless one of the corners has a big dent you should be good.
    04-19-09 12:39 AM
    Get a new friend. LOL
    my thoughts exactly

any way to resize that huge assed pic?
    04-19-09 03:03 AM
    Well I was planning on returning it becuase it had no marks on the bezel until i dropped it out of the car the other day, now theres a scratch right where the **** is.

Im just going to buy a new one and make him pay for it, would you guys trust something like this?

ATT OEM RIM Blackberry Bold 9000 LCD Display Screen USA - eBay (item 270375159853 end time Apr-20-09 20:13:37 PDT)

or not
    04-19-09 03:07 PM
    This is JMHO: It's amazing to me how many people think it's okay to lie so that the provider will replace the phone at little or no cost. I think that any company should stand by what they sell/produce, but in this case I think it's wrong. Why should they (and because they can afford it doesn't work for me)? They didn't break the phone.

A true friend would offer to replace the phone He should not have thrown it. I think he is responsible for damages - not the company.
    04-19-09 04:02 PM
    Well I was planning on returning it becuase it had no marks on the bezel until i dropped it out of the car the other day, now theres a scratch right where the **** is.

Im just going to buy a new one and make him pay for it, would you guys trust something like this?

ATT OEM RIM Blackberry Bold 9000 LCD Display Screen USA - eBay (item 270375159853 end time Apr-20-09 20:13:37 PDT)

or not
    maybe I'm just mean spirited, but since your friend threw it, s/he should buy you a brand new one, from AT&T at full price. people need to learn to keep their hands to themselves.
    04-19-09 04:08 PM
    You need to buy the correct LCD screen for your bold. There are 3 types.. I guess. Make sure you get the right one! Check the backside of your oem lcd for the serial/model number..

04-19-09 04:39 PM
    Remove the pubic hair from the first pic before you return it.
    04-19-09 04:52 PM
    Remove the pubic hair from the first pic before you return it.
    Wow seriously how old are you?

and yeah I forgot about the different types of screens will take that into consideration.
    04-19-09 06:03 PM
    Wow seriously how old are you?
    I am sure I am older than you. It was a joke. Calm down, Francis.

You took a picture of your screen that is HUGE (1600x1200) and it has a short curly hair on it. Did you think nobody would notice? Try posting a bigger image next time.
    04-19-09 06:45 PM
    I am sure I am older than you. It was a joke. Calm down, Francis.

You took a picture of your screen that is HUGE (1600x1200) and it has a short curly hair on it. Did you think nobody would notice? Try posting a bigger image next time.
    I'm sure too francis, my apologies.

And sorry my camera takes HUGE pictures.
    04-19-09 08:11 PM
    I'm sure too francis, my apologies.

And sorry my camera takes HUGE pictures.
    It is huge for posting in a message. It causes everyone to scroll right and left to view posts.
    04-19-09 08:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD