Hi all, first post here (and yes I searched on this but didn't find anything related).

I'm having all types of issues charging my phone. This is my first Blackberry so I dont know if this is par for the course or not, but when the bat goes flat and you ge tthe message about the radio being turned off the !@#!@#!@# phone won't even work when youve got it plugged into the AC adapter?!?!?!

I've also had periodic problems with the thing refusing to charge up once the bat is dead. I plug it into the wall and the icon shows the lil red plug, but I leave it for hours and it still says the bat is flat and the radio is off.

Doesn't matter if its AC adapter, USB, or car charger. It's always done this but periodically only. If I remember to charge it before the bat is completely flat it seems to take a charge fine.

Can anyone shed some light on this dilemma?

Thanks is advance
    01-22-08 12:09 AM
    Yes. Don't allow the battery to go below 15%. It's not good for LiIon batteries and actually shortens their life.

Once the radio turns off you have to charge the battery to above 15% again before you can turn the radio back on.
    01-22-08 12:45 AM
    OK makes sense...Thanks for the reply. The problem I have though is that its been plugged in over 36 hours now and still hasn't charged. I've tried taking out the battery rebooting etc etc... NO LUCK. I'm out of town and need my phone!

I just cant imagine a @!#$#@$ phone that wont work when plugged into the wall no matter how low the battery is.

This is my first Blackberry phone. So far I'm completely underwhelmed with the combo of Blackberry and Verizon
    01-22-08 09:28 AM
    Also, How can I tell if its actually charging besides the little plug icon next to the empty battery icon? Should there be any LED activity colors etc?
    01-22-08 09:30 AM
    The radio turns off at 10%.
    01-22-08 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD