So I'm sure we've all seen the "do you use your bb in the rest room" thread. I decided to make this thread to see how many of you students out there use your bbs at school... I guess this could also apply to those of you who use them in work meetings as well.

Oh and ironically I'm typing this from my german class

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 03:46 PM
    Yes, it's really bad actually! I sometimes completely zone out in lectures
    01-09-09 11:19 PM
    I use my BB at school, but not in class..

I also use my BB at work, but usually for work related functions... However, I always reply immediately to anything...

I guess the only time I DON'T use my BB is during classes

01-09-09 11:23 PM
    i am still in hs and "attempt" to use my bb in every class, although i wind up getting it taken away in some classes, depending on the teacher! I once got it taken away for an entire day, and i could literally not function with out it in my pocket. (Failed 2 tests b/c i couldnt concentrate)
    01-09-09 11:39 PM
    i DO!!
    ...really bad for not paying attention in class, but it gets boring after a while...
    01-09-09 11:43 PM
    I use them my BB at school, work, everywhere I go, I'm addicted.

01-10-09 12:49 AM
    i am constantly on my bb during school. Senior year has turned out to be the easiest so i do hardly any work in my classes. what better way to make the time pass?
    01-10-09 03:22 PM
    As an educator I am appalled---clearly those of you in HS are NOT mature enough to have a BB. You are lucky I am not your teacher becuase you would lose that BB for more than a day (this has been discussed ad nauseum). But that is a lack of respect for the teacher and the educational process. I would LOVE to see how your parents would respond---when your BB is taken or if you end up not getting grade in the classes you are ignoring for a toy you should not have anyway!
    01-10-09 04:19 PM
    My mom is also a teacher and knows I use my phone in class. I am a junior taking a college level calculus class and I have straight A's with a 4.166 grade point average. I don't use my blackberry when the teacher is talking, nor when I have work that isn't complete. However I tend to finish before others in the class, is it that bad if I use my phone then?
    I can understand that there are lots of times when using my phone would be innapropriate and rude, but I also can see times when it isn't an issue

01-10-09 05:02 PM
    I will be going to FF school next month and my guess wouldbe ill be using this non stop

01-10-09 06:55 PM
    Well, I just got my Storm right after Christmas, and I go back to school on the 20th...I'm foreseeing the BB being a bit of a distraction for me during class.
    01-11-09 09:08 PM
    Wow you have a long break

01-11-09 09:11 PM
    Yeah, December 4th was the last day of class, and then finals went through the 19th, but how long you had was determined by when during those dates your finals were, and then like I said, we don't start back until the 20th. That being said, I have to go back to campus on Tuesday to get MRI results and find out if I need surgery on my knee.
    01-11-09 09:22 PM
    ya i'm in high school and in my english class everybody that owns a blackberry at my school is in there (3 people out of like 500) and my english teacher has a pearl so she doesn't care if we use them during class..we're always going back and forth and BB messenger or surfing the web we keep them on our desks and she doesnt care
    01-11-09 09:33 PM
    I use my BlackBerry in class all the time. I use it to put test dates in my calendar and assignments in tasks. My English teacher even allows me take notes in the memopad, and I do my homework on it as well. I also use Dictonary.com and google translator (but never on tests). I'm not going to lie, I do text and check the news/CB sometimes, but never when the teacher is talking or when we are learning something. My parents know about my BlackBerry use in class and they even send me emails when they need to tell me something. They told me as long as I keep my grades up (I have a 95 average overall and am taking several advanced/honors classes) they don't mind.

Last edited by ecooper11; 01-24-09 at 07:08 PM.
    01-11-09 09:45 PM
    I am in college and work and my bb is not only used there, i use it every single place and yes in the bathroom as well
    01-11-09 11:19 PM
    yes I use it during my class. It keeps me sane through my 2 and half hour class
    01-14-09 01:54 AM
    I don't really like to use mine in class. My parents are paying out of the nose for my college education, and so I better make the best of my time there.

If the prof gives us a break (like during my Chem class, which is 2 hours long) I do break out the blackberry and read some news and such, maybe text a little. But when he comes back in, I put it away.

When I'm studying though, I filter unimportant calls and put it on vibrate. I use it all the time otherwise...while in the restroom, watching TV...etc. Can't wait to get the 8900 though!
    01-14-09 12:50 PM
    I do use it whenever I'm bored...
    01-15-09 03:09 AM
    Dude i am on my blackberry 24/7 whether i am on the can, school, work i wake up in my sleep just to bbm ppl I NEED HELP!!!!!! :S :'(
    01-15-09 04:39 AM
    I use it quite often during class, especially if my professors are lecturing on material I already fully understand.
    01-23-09 09:26 AM
    That answer would be a YES I most certainly do! Repeat offender here...
    01-23-09 09:31 AM
    i used to when i was in college but i do use it if i need to take notes in university
    01-23-09 05:00 PM
    Yep, when it gets boring my BB has everything i want so i sometimes completely zone out which could be good but mostly bad haha
    01-23-09 08:12 PM
    As being in highschool, I have to use my phone. I mean I may not use it the whole class because there are some things that may need to be done, but an occasional email here, a massive amount of texts there. A little web browsing, keeps you sane when your bored as anything.
    01-24-09 12:35 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD