When I last replaced the LCD panel on my KEYone, besides using the typical B-7000 adhesive, I added double-sided tape, typically used in electronics. The idea was to prevent screen lift. This pretty much worked. Unfortunately, if the LCD panel needed to be replaced again, which it did, the double-sided tape made it really difficult to remove the panel, without destroying it.

In my situation, the replacement LCD panel I had originally installed, with double-sided tape, had a color flaw. It still worked, and would make a good spare, but the colors were off. My goal was to remove it intact and put in the new LCD panel. The double-sided tape was super sticky and pretty much made it impossible to remove the original replacement panel without ripping up the metal sheet backing.

So, the warning is to not use double-sided tape unless you're willing to destroy the LCD panel backing, which essentially destroys the panel. The double-sided tape also leaves a difficult to remove residue, but with enough patience, it could be cleaned.

LCD panel backing ripped up, with tape residue...
    Warning About Double-Sided Tape for LCD Panel/Screen Replacement-dsc08621_2k.jpg

Double-sided tape residue, which I'm partially leaving to provide some tack...
    Warning About Double-Sided Tape for LCD Panel/Screen Replacement-dsc08620_2k.jpg
    01-15-23 10:06 PM
    This happens anywhere there is heat, the glue bakes and will not be removed.
    01-16-23 03:32 PM
    This happens anywhere there is heat, the glue bakes and will not be removed.
    ......until you VERY carefully heat it up again with a hairdryer. Works everytime but requires infinite patience.
    01-16-23 03:48 PM
    .....Works everytime but requires infinite patience.
    Something most BlackBerry owners/users must have in infinite supply these days!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and brookie229 like this.
    01-17-23 09:27 AM
    I just removed my Keyone from the belt holder and the LCD screen came partially out of the phone itself, the screen still works, but am afraid to try anything until I get some advice from this forum. I would appreciate any ideas
    03-02-23 06:53 PM
    We got our Key1's in 2018. We are still learning about it. That being said, I see on here that double sided tape IS NOT RECOMMENDED, and after reading the comments, it seems more damage would be created than need be. I believe my best course of action would be to take the cell phone to a cell phone repair facility and let them do the work. I used to be kind of "tech savvy", but my hands are to the point that I might not be careful enough.
    03-03-23 10:25 AM
    I just removed my Keyone from the belt holder and the LCD screen came partially out of the phone itself, the screen still works, but am afraid to try anything until I get some advice from this forum. I would appreciate any ideas
    Take it to a local repair shop and have them glue it back in. Or take some glue yourself and press it back into place with some adhesive.
    03-03-23 12:35 PM