Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me with my issue please... and bearing in mind that my knowledge of smartphone data transfers is fairly rudimentary (albeit it far superior to that of my other half - which is not saying much!).

Basically, my partner's Blackberry Motion has been failing for some time (battery badly needs replacing, but also another issue is suspected).

We therefore decided to migrate his data from the Motion to an Android Huawei Honor View 10 (due to it being a freebie spare of my brother's), and I used Huawei Phone Clone to do this. All the data (bar WhatsApp which I have done separately) and text messages, seemed to transfer across ok. I retried with the text messages, which then seemed to transfer, and I then proceeded to swap the SIM across from the Motion to the Honor V10 and go through the phone setup.
    However, it is now apparent that the text messages have not actually transferred accurately. Whilst we assume all the texts are probably there, many of the text messages it appears are now randomly attributed with the wrong sender numbers and in a complete jumble!

The original text messages are still available on the BB Motion (presumably within the BBM app?) but I'm looking for advice on how best to get these to transfer across successfully to the Huawei Honor V10 without having to redo the entire phone migration process please?

I assume the SIM will need to be re-inserted into the Motion to access the data there.

My main worries about redoing the whole process, is the delicate state of the Motion handset, and the possibility of falling foul of WhatsApp if deemed necessary to redo the WA transfer.

Really would appreciate any advice/instructions in this regard.
    Many thanks,
    Maz
    12-19-22 08:00 AM
    Are these "text messages" or are they "BBMe messages"? These are two very different things that each has their own database.
    12-19-22 12:35 PM
    Hi Dunt Dunt Dunt,
    Looking at the app on the Motion screen, they are BlackBerry Messenger messages - which I thought were just BB equivalent of text messages (perhaps mistakenly?).
    Thanks
    12-19-22 12:45 PM