Hi, It's been three weeks since my physical keyboard would not work. It worked sparsely, but then just disappeared, so I enabled the onscreen keyboard instead - not a nice experience. I read some advice that I should download from Google Play the Blackberry Keyboard app and re-install it. Sadly, this seems to have disappeared in Play. Any help, please?
    09-28-22 02:25 AM
    Hi, It's been three weeks since my physical keyboard would not work. It worked sparsely, but then just disappeared, so I enabled the onscreen keyboard instead - not a nice experience. I read some advice that I should download from Google Play the Blackberry Keyboard app and re-install it. Sadly, this seems to have disappeared in Play. Any help, please?
    Sounds like you have a hardware problem. Did the keyboard get wet at all?
    09-28-22 06:37 AM
    Factory Reset your phone....

But it does sound more like a hardware issue.
    09-28-22 07:04 AM
    Sounds like you have a hardware problem. Did the keyboard get wet at all?
    Hi,
    The keyboard worked perfectly a few days ago, but only for about 20mins, then it just shut down; it did not get wet at all
    09-28-22 07:12 AM
    Factory Reset your phone....

But it does sound more like a hardware issue.
    Thanks for the reply. The Factory Reset was recommended by a mobile repair service I took my Key2 to. A bit extreme, as I would lose all the data on the phone...
    09-28-22 07:14 AM
    Thanks for the reply. The Factory Reset was recommended by a mobile repair service I took my Key2 to. A bit extreme, as I would lose all the data on the phone...
    "A bit extreme".... is the keyboard not working, not an "extreme" issue?

Well there are a few threads with links to the BB Keyboard over in https://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-f444/ you can try downloading one of those.

I don't view a Factory Reset as extreme... as it's a simple process for me, with NO risk of data loss. With a KEY2 and the BlackBerry Apps... there could be some settings, homescreens issues. And you'd need to manually backup Password Keeper if your still using it. I'd also spring for a paid cloud option to back up images and video in full resolution. You could use an SD Card, but those fail or could be lost/stolen with a phone so not a real backup option.

What if instead of just the keyboard not working... your phone didn't turn on at all one morning? That would be EXTREME if you haven't planned.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 09-28-22 at 10:59 AM.
    09-28-22 10:47 AM
    "A bit extreme".... is the keyboard not working, not an "extreme" issue?

Well there are a few threads with links to the BB Keyboard over in https://forums.crackberry.com/android-apps-f444/ you can try downloading one of those.

I don't view a Factory Reset as extreme... as it's a simple process for me, with NO risk of data loss. With a KEY2 and the BlackBerry Apps... there could be some settings, homescreens issues. And you'd need to manually backup Password Keeper if your still using it. I'd also spring for a paid cloud option to back up images and video in full resolution. You could use an SD Card, but those fail or could be lost/stolen with a phone so not a real backup option.

What if instead of just the keyboard not working... your phone didn't turn on at all one morning? That would be EXTREME if you haven't planned.
    Thank you
    I tried to install the BlackBerry manager and the BlackBerry keyboard, as per indications in another forum. Manager worked fine, but the keyboard would not install. Most likely the factory reset remains the only option.
    09-28-22 12:22 PM
    Thank you
    I tried to install the BlackBerry manager and the BlackBerry keyboard, as per indications in another forum. Manager worked fine, but the keyboard would not install. Most likely the factory reset remains the only option.
    Factory Reset is something to try...

Afraid your real options are either finding a new Keyboard replacement, or living with a KEY2 with an always in the way keyboard that doesn't work. Or moving on with a new device...

With the scarcity of keyboards and the high cost of these old and outdated KEY2 devices... moving on is really the best option at this point in time.
    09-29-22 09:30 AM
    Factory Reset is something to try...

Afraid your real options are either finding a new Keyboard replacement, or living with a KEY2 with an always in the way keyboard that doesn't work. Or moving on with a new device...

With the scarcity of keyboards and the high cost of these old and outdated KEY2 devices... moving on is really the best option at this point in time.
    09-29-22 12:23 PM
    thanks again, will take a deep breath and do the factory reset to be sure that I tried everything before moving on. Difficult choice for the replacement. THe Unihertz "Slim" is a bit of a brick, but getting into typing on glass scares me off...
    09-29-22 12:25 PM