There’s a seller in my location who has brand new open box piece of Blackberry Porsche Design P’9983. Comes with genuine accessories.

The actual question is:

1. I’ve seen people around internet struggle with setting up those brand new phones. Especially the WiFi / Cellular internet setup screen.
    Well there be any such issue where the setup does not proceed past WiFi setup?

2. How well does the Android apps work (if there any lag, lack of connection) given its 2022?
    09-24-22 11:39 PM
    There’s a seller in my location who has brand new open box piece of Blackberry Porsche Design P’9983. Comes with genuine accessories.

The actual question is:

1. I’ve seen people around internet struggle with setting up those brand new phones. Especially the WiFi / Cellular internet setup screen.
    Well there be any such issue where the setup does not proceed past WiFi setup?

2. How well does the Android apps work (if there any lag, lack of connection) given its 2022?
    Welcome to Crackberry, provided the seller hasn’t set the phone up with their own BBID and used it it shouldn’t be a problem for you to use it.

It’s Android version is forever stuck at 4.3 so many Android apps will not work and the ones that do are getting fewer all the time.

You will need to search for Android apps on Yalp to find ones that work.

You should also be aware that it depends on where you live as to whether you will get a service provider to let you use their network, the US is the worst place as most networks will not let you use that phone and indeed when 3G is shutdown the phone will be next to useless as it uses an old 4G standard that doesn’t work on today’s network.

There is also the fact that BlackBerry shut their app store and all their back end services back in January so the only native apps are the ones available here in the Crackberry forum.

In my view unless you are a collector and this is a cheap phone then it probably isn’t worth spending much money on at this point.

Hope that helps.
    09-25-22 03:42 AM
    If you need to use a keyboard and only need talk and text and emails, very light browsing and WhatsApp, then it's fine. I'm in Canada and all our networks work with blackberry.
    It's an older phone, but works perfectly for talk and text and WhatsApp and emails!
    Last edited by Phillip st; 09-25-22 at 11:41 AM.
    09-25-22 08:08 AM
    As much as I do very much like my P9983's, and I am loathe to admit, they are really EOL. I do use mine daily. However, I only use them for calls, SMS, a LOT of email, reading of news/financial websites, Excel files, and WA.

As noted above, unless you are a collector, or need PKB, I would strongly suggest looking at a slab of glass such as an iPhone, Android, etc. Soon, I will have to retire the phone given the disappearance of 3G...
    09-25-22 08:25 AM
    At the end of the day, the phone is basically a Q10 from a specs perspective. Everything posted above is correct. I'll add that if you insist on a BB10 device, any Passport is probably a better value as it's considered the Q30 from a development standpoint.
    09-25-22 08:39 AM
    At the end of the day, the phone is basically a Q10 from a specs perspective. Everything posted above is correct. I'll add that if you insist on a BB10 device, any Passport is probably a better value as it's considered the Q30 from a development standpoint.
    I agree the Passport would be the go to phone. It has a better processor and when it has to struggle with apps you need all the Horsepower you can get
    09-25-22 09:28 AM
    I agree the Passport would be the go to phone. It has a better processor and when it has to struggle with apps you need all the Horsepower you can get
    Just concurring with this observation; my Passport goes places my Z30 and Classic can't, surely because of the more powerful processor. Although a Porsche would be nice to have.
    09-25-22 12:34 PM
    Just concurring with this observation; my Passport goes places my Z30 and Classic can't, surely because of the more powerful processor. Although a Porsche would be nice to have.
    Absolutely a great looking phone but underpowered in todays world
    09-25-22 02:56 PM
    Absolutely a great looking phone but underpowered in todays world
    Sad but true. Great lottery phone ie if I won. Last I saw they were running around $2,000, a bit much for a music player and PDA. From time to time I have to force myself not to think about them.
    09-25-22 03:13 PM
    Sad but true. Great lottery phone ie if I won. Last I saw they were running around $2,000, a bit much for a music player and PDA. From time to time I have to force myself not to think about them.
    You and I both, I look once in awhile than remind myself this phone is just too out of date
    09-25-22 03:20 PM
    Here is the link for the wind farm from another source: https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...troys-turbines
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    09-25-22 03:23 PM
    This is wonderful having so many responses. Thanks. I am still confused regarding which Blackberry to go for and for that I need to properly assess my needs and future plans with the device. After all, it will be part of my collections and a secondary phone for calls and texts
    09-27-22 10:27 AM
    This is wonderful having so many responses. Thanks. I am still confused regarding which Blackberry to go for and for that I need to properly assess my needs and future plans with the device. After all, it will be part of my collections and a secondary phone for calls and texts
    Well "collectables" are best left in their boxes.....
    09-27-22 11:31 AM
    Well "collectables" are best left in their boxes.....
    And the P’9983 is one that probably should only be taken out and admired occasionally.
    09-27-22 02:18 PM
    Forgot to mention you should wear cotton gloves when taking the ‘9983 out so you don’t get any nasty fingerprints on it.
    09-27-22 02:21 PM
    I use a cobalt blue classic, a passport silver edition, and the porsche design p'9983 for work. Mainly for emails, text, and what's app.

Yes the Passport is larger and faster, but my porsche design is what I use most, the keyboard is wonderful! Especially with a colourful leather back cover.

Like mentioned above, the Passport is better for Android apps.
    09-27-22 03:02 PM
    Did you ever face any issue with WiFi setup (usually when you reset the phone completely) on any of your BB10 device?

How’s the call quality on P9983?

Is there a way to check authenticity of Porsche Design (what’s that card given for along with the phone) ?
    09-28-22 05:07 AM
    Did you ever face any issue with WiFi setup (usually when you reset the phone completely) on any of your BB10 device?

How’s the call quality on P9983?

Is there a way to check authenticity of Porsche Design (what’s that card given for along with the phone) ?
    The phone will have a specific PIN starting 2AA or in the case of the ‘9983 could be 3AA I guess from memory, when it starts or shuts down it will also show the Porsche Design splash screen.

It will also have 64 GB of internal memory.

It’s probably nigh on impossible to fake one of these devices.

The box should also contain several charging blocks for different countries together with Porsche Design branded ear phones and battery.
    09-28-22 06:11 AM
    Also the porsche design clock and alarm clock 'faces' are exclusive to this device.

I recall conite explaining that even when using the Q10 autoloader on the p'9983, the clock and wallpaper, etc load based on the unique porsche design pin. Hence, no specific porsche design autoloader.

I didn't perceive any difference in reception from the porsche design VS others. Strangly though, on Fido up here in Toronto Canada, I found my bb10 devices had more bars in some spots than my key2 did.
    09-28-22 08:48 AM
    Also the porsche design clock and alarm clock 'faces' are exclusive to this device.

I recall conite explaining that even when using the Q10 autoloader on the p'9983, the clock and wallpaper, etc load based on the unique porsche design pin. Hence, no specific porsche design autoloader.

I didn't perceive any difference in reception from the porsche design VS others. Strangly though, on Fido up here in Toronto Canada, I found my bb10 devices had more bars in some spots than my key2 did.
    Arrrh, the clock, the best reason to have a PD phone without doubt!

In older builds there was a back door to access the PD clock on the Z10, it was a big deal at the time.

The good old days.
    mikael11 likes this.
    09-29-22 01:52 PM