I recently decided to de-brick my playbook in an attempt to turn it into a sort of drawing tablet, I have de-bricked it but now i'm still looking for the next step which I believe is loading .bar files.
    07-27-22 12:06 PM
    I recently decided to de-brick my playbook in an attempt to turn it into a sort of drawing tablet, I have de-bricked it but now i'm still looking for the next step which I believe is loading .bar files.
    You can't.
    07-27-22 06:35 PM
    Yeah converting required developer keys, which BlackBerry no longer issues.... and the whole verification system has been shutdown.

So you'll have to stick to apps that have already been converted. Could ask if anyone is still using the PlayBook and if they found a drawing app outside of BBW that worked well... that they can share.

But not sure of the PlayBook's capabilities of working with some of these fine point stylus..... I had one that looked like a pen but had a small disk on the bottom that worked ok for taking notes. But most the good drawing pens of that time... either required an app or Bluetooth 4 to work correctly. But even those didn't work like today's smart pens. I just don't think a tablet from a decade ago has the sensitivity for "drawing".
    07-28-22 08:33 AM
    I tried 3 or 4 styluses (one was with that small disk) on Playbooks and ended up making sketches with my finger...
    08-01-22 04:02 PM