Hello guys. Ive got another blackberry key2 to use as my main as my old ones spacebar has started to go

Anyway, my issue is, the earphone speaker (when you make a call and try to listen to someone) isnt working after my screen replacement, from what I remember I have kept the little earphone speaker looking piece and have tried to re align it up after replacing the screen (see image) any idea where im going wrong?!

Any advice appreciated. I had this issue in the past. Not sure what im doing wrong with regards to the earphone piece? Or is this just a protective cover and I need to be looking underneath this?
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Key 2 - replaced screen but earphone speaker not working?-16569591705374144095040579891527.jpg  
    07-04-22 01:27 PM
    Hello guys. Ive got another blackberry key2 to use as my main as my old ones spacebar has started to go

Anyway, my issue is, the earphone speaker (when you make a call and try to listen to someone) isnt working after my screen replacement, from what I remember I have kept the little earphone speaker looking piece and have tried to re align it up after replacing the screen (see image) any idea where im going wrong?!

Any advice appreciated. I had this issue in the past. Not sure what im doing wrong with regards to the earphone piece? Or is this just a protective cover and I need to be looking underneath this?
    How far did you take it apart?
    The piece you mention is indeed just a protective cover that rests on top of the dust screen. You can access the actual speaker piece if you flip the phone over and remove the motherboard.
    If you took out the ear speaker you may have reinstalled in the wrong orientation.
    07-04-22 02:12 PM
    Ok ive tried to make sure everythings firmly connected and still no joy. Could this be an issue that the earphone speaker needs more pressure to make a connection? As I fastened the ascrews quite tightly. I believed the earphone speaker to be working before the screen replacement so im pretty confused. Anyone have any ideas?
    07-04-22 08:09 PM
    Ok ive tried to make sure everythings firmly connected and still no joy. Could this be an issue that the earphone speaker needs more pressure to make a connection? As I fastened the ascrews quite tightly. I believed the earphone speaker to be working before the screen replacement so im pretty confused. Anyone have any ideas?
    Things to check;

Verify that the earpiece isn't installed upside down.

Make sure the ear speaker contact springs aren't flattened to an extent where they no longer reach their contacts on the main board.

Check that the headphone jack is properly connected.

If you make a call, do you have any other options besides the ear speaker and loudspeaker for audio output? Does the screen turn off if you cover the proximity sensor?
    07-04-22 08:45 PM
    Thanks for your help I will check these tomorrow currently not slept for ages. I noticed some strange behaviour from the proximity sensor earlier when I was trying to get it to work. I have tried the earphone speaker cover both ways but I didnt realise that was just a cover, so I believe the actual speaker hasnt been swapped around or changed underneath - Thanks for your suggestions ill try these and repost tomorrow!
    07-04-22 08:52 PM
    When you say check the ear speaker is the right way round are you reffering to the part inside my phone or the cover in the picture I uploaded? Im presuming the cover 100 percent has no bearing on sound coming through? I did notice a small metal contact bit I tried to make sure was touching on the cover piece that fits inbetween the lcd screen but presuming that has no bearing, and My options are loudspeaker or mute I believe, the previous seller is now saying he cant remember if the earpiece speaker worked for him either, my question is, is it easy to replace the earphone speaker? As I cant find any guides for it, the only ones for sale are in china so im hoping I could fix the issue without having to buy a new part
    07-05-22 08:03 AM
    When you say check the ear speaker is the right way round are you reffering to the part inside my phone or the cover in the picture I uploaded? Im presuming the cover 100 percent has no bearing on sound coming through? I did notice a small metal contact bit I tried to make sure was touching on the cover piece that fits inbetween the lcd screen but presuming that has no bearing, and My options are loudspeaker or mute I believe, the previous seller is now saying he cant remember if the earpiece speaker worked for him either, my question is, is it easy to replace the earphone speaker? As I cant find any guides for it, the only ones for sale are in china so im hoping I could fix the issue without having to buy a new part
    I'm speaking about the part on the inside of the phone. See photo - I circled the part in question. It is super easy and cheap to replace yourself. Where are you located?
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Key 2 - replaced screen but earphone speaker not working?-screenshot_20220704_221117_com.kiwibrowser.browser_edit_260631643735746.jpg  
    07-05-22 08:11 AM
    Really appreciate your responses, just checked it appears theres no piece there - is it missing ?
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Key 2 - replaced screen but earphone speaker not working?-16570381386815965317040939521078.jpg  
    07-05-22 11:21 AM
    Really appreciate your responses, just checked it appears theres no piece there - is it missing ?
    You would find it under the black plastic motherboard cover. The contact springs on the speaker need to touch the contacts pads on the cover.
    07-05-22 11:28 AM
    What ive seen so far, the connector on the right looks a little lower, wil try and prop it up a. Bit. Not sure if this will help at all as yet
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Key 2 - replaced screen but earphone speaker not working?-16570396966908387328890214175044.jpg  
    07-05-22 11:47 AM
    Amazing! Now working! Just prodded the silver connector on the right side upwards slightly! Many thanks for your help Ben!
    07-05-22 11:59 AM