For an unlocked Q10 SQN100-5 , using ultra-mobile ( similar to mint ) - it works flawlessly with the network using automatic settings, except for when it decides to change the Network Mode on its own...

With mobile network & data services enabled, Network mode set to "4G LTE & etc" & whether the Network Selection Mode option is on Automatic or Manual, in certain locations where the signal might be weaker, the Network Mode automatically switches from "4G LTE & etc..." to something like "4G & 3G" essentially disabling the LTE.,. It also never switches back on its own to re-enable the LTE services essentially disabling data in the process.....

Setting the Selection Mode to Manual does not prevent this behavior - The same thing can happen when it is set to manual... Never had this issue before with a couple other Q10's - usually when you set the Network Mode , it would remain that way until you changed it yourself ... Is there a way to prevent the Network Mode switching automatically?
    06-09-22 09:55 PM
    For an unlocked Q10 SQN100-5 , using ultra-mobile ( similar to mint ) - it works flawlessly with the network using automatic settings, except for when it decides to change the Network Mode on its own...

With mobile network & data services enabled, Network mode set to "4G LTE & etc" & whether the Network Selection Mode option is on Automatic or Manual, in certain locations where the signal might be weaker, the Network Mode automatically switches from "4G LTE & etc..." to something like "4G & 3G" essentially disabling the LTE.,. It also never switches back on its own to re-enable the LTE services essentially disabling data in the process.....

Setting the Selection Mode to Manual does not prevent this behavior - The same thing can happen when it is set to manual... Never had this issue before with a couple other Q10's - usually when you set the Network Mode , it would remain that way until you changed it yourself ... Is there a way to prevent the Network Mode switching automatically?
    4G is LTE....

Some of the USA Models have the Network Selection set and did not allow for manual changes.... back then many of us wanted to turn off LTE as it wasn't fully deployed and devices like the Z10 were burning too much power searching.

Ultra Mobile is a T-Mobile MVNO.... you need face the reality that BB10 isn't really an option in the USA. BB10 doesn't support VoLTE that carriers are now using, and T-Mobile is transitioning off of 3G, this should be complete by the end of the month. So LTE/4G is all there will be on T-Mobile.
    06-10-22 07:04 AM
    Thanks & I am aware of that... More specifically, is there a way to prevent the Network Selection changing automatically from whatever you have set to something else .... If Network Settings allows for manual changes of the Network Selection - and the user selects the " 4G LTE & 4G/3G & 2G" _ Why would the phone automatically & randomly switch from that to something like "4G & 3G" _ Regardless of the carrier, I would like to know if there is a way to prevent that behavior @ the device level ; Thanks
    Last edited by ArchBerr; 06-10-22 at 09:14 AM.
    06-10-22 09:01 AM
    Thanks & I am aware of that... More specifically, is there a way to prevent the Network Selection changing automatically from whatever you have set to something else .... If Network Settings allows for manual changes of the Network Selection - and the user selects the " 4G LTE & 4G/3G & 2G" _ Why would the phone automatically & randomly switch from that to something like "4G & 3G" _ Regardless of the carrier, I would like to know if there is a way to prevent that behavior on the device level ; Thanks
    Your carrier is allowed to "adjust" these for you - via provisioning based on your SIM Card.... Many have found that changing these setting manually results in nothing as the carrier setting would override it and reset it.

Fix... remove your SIM Card and reboot and the setting should "stick".... of course you won't have any service.

Keep in mind that 4G in this setting is HSPA+ which is actually just a form of 3G.... both HSPA+ and 3G are going away on T-Mobile. It will only be the 4G LTE that is accessible, thus likly why Ultra is provisioning your phone that way at this point.
    06-10-22 09:37 AM
    makes sense - thanks:
    06-10-22 09:44 AM